This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: DL Vet's first trip to WDW as a couple 4/29-5/2

Very nice trip report. Being a massive Disneyland fan myself I love reading other DL fans thoughts/trip reports on Walt Disney World. Congrats and Happy anniversary!
    AngryAP.com - Disneyland and Walt Disney World nostalgia | My Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by Disney Liz View Post
      Happy Anniversary to you both!
      It looks like you shared a wonderful time and I love the pics!
      Also count me in as another lover of your Disneydorks shirts. I was going to ask where you purchased them but how cool that you put them together yourself! I'd so buy the retro pastel block one!
      Thank you! Those shirts have become quite popular. I need to figure out a way to do something about that. lol

Originally posted by Gamertara View Post
      You two sure are a good looking couple. I am very happy for you. This was a great trip report! I'm a Disneylander myself, and you're making me want to go all the way down to WDW! I hope to see more from you two!
      Thanks so much. I post on here once in a while. Mainly a lurker. I know how some (most?) threads can get really heated and I avoid those discussions like the plague. But I love putting up TR's. I'll be doing another big one in October from DL.

Originally posted by wdwprince View Post
      Excellent report guys! Very descriptive with many pics.
      I recommend going the last week of Sept-first week of Oct. The weather is milder, it's less crowded, prices are cheaper and best of all both Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party at Magic Kingdom and Food and Wine Festival at Epcot are happening.
      This will be my third year going during that time of year. I'll be there first week in Oct.
      Thank you for sharing your experience as a gay couple celebrating your anniversary. I'm glad that you had that great cast member. There are some that need to be better trained, I agree. Many Disney bloggers and podcasters don't realize (or choose not to realize) that every day there are gays in the parks both as guests and employees. I have read and heard too many offensive remarks by parents who are Disney fans online and in podcasts. That's why I'm thrilled when I see more visibility on Disney blogs.
      Thanks again and Happy Anniversary guys!
      If you don't mind, I'm going to link to this report from my Disney blog www.wdwprince.com
      Thank you! and thanks for linking this report, I appreciate it. Most of our experiences at the parks as a gay couple have been fantastic. Sure, you run into the occasional parent or kid that gives you a look or says something, but that doesn't happen often. CM's are usually great and go out of their way. At least at DL. It's our first trip to WDW, so not sure if it was just an off day or what.

Originally posted by MickeyMousePal View Post
      Don't forget about Space Mountain: Ghost Galaxy, Haunted Mansion Holiday and Halloween Screams.
      How could I forget? So many things to see and do at DL during that time.

Originally posted by SpaceJesus View Post
      Very nice trip report. Being a massive Disneyland fan myself I love reading other DL fans thoughts/trip reports on Walt Disney World. Congrats and Happy anniversary!
      Thank you!

Comment

Great trip report!

Being from California (Northern California--near SF)--I am not used to the humidity.
        The two times I have gone to WDW have been in early May--and I was just wiped out from the heat/humidity. :sweat:

I am headed back out to WDW in mid-July!!!--Because of a large conference I am going to attend (Coronado Springs Resort). No one in my family would go with me--except for my daughter with special needs--for which I am attending the conference (National Down syndrome Congress Conference).

While I am thrilled to see WDW again, I dread, dread, dread the humidity.
        I just know that afternoon pool/naps/rest :sleep: are going to be a priority during the day.

I LOVE your pictures. You guys look like you are having the time of your life. And...I too love your shirts. :clap:
        WDW-July 2010
        **Tokyo~Tokyo Disney Resort**May 25-June 3, 2009**

Disneyland--all the time (we're Californians)
        Disneyland Paris-2002
        WDW-1999, 2000
        DisneyCruise-2000

Comment

Originally posted by zeitzeuge View Post
          yeah some people had mentioned that it was warmer and more humid than normal. I know Christmas time is probably a nightmare, so we'd avoid that and try to go maybe February?
          I went for my first time in December 2008, I went in the beginning of the month and the crowds were low. It is considered value season. There is nothing like seeing the parks decorated for Christmas.

The weather was great, 70 during the day, 50 at night. I'm from California so do not do well in the heat/humidity.

But I was also not prepared for how big WDW is. I was there for 10 days and lost 16 pounds! My feet and back were killing me. 2 weeks after I got back I had to have back surgery, but would do it all over again. Well maybe only 7 days next time!

Enjoyed your reading your report! Also loved the Disneydork tshirts!
          Keith

Comment

Originally posted by Aunt Bee View Post
            Great trip report!

Being from California (Northern California--near SF)--I am not used to the humidity.
            The two times I have gone to WDW have been in early May--and I was just wiped out from the heat/humidity. :sweat:

I am headed back out to WDW in mid-July!!!--Because of a large conference I am going to attend (Coronado Springs Resort). No one in my family would go with me--except for my daughter with special needs--for which I am attending the conference (National Down syndrome Congress Conference).

While I am thrilled to see WDW again, I dread, dread, dread the humidity.
            I just know that afternoon pool/naps/rest :sleep: are going to be a priority during the day.

I LOVE your pictures. You guys look like you are having the time of your life. And...I too love your shirts. :clap:
            Thank you!

Good luck in July! The first time I went there was with an Ex and his parents. Needless to say, the humidity and heat added to an already strained trip. I was miserable. I hope you get plenty of rest and stay in the shade.

Originally posted by OCBear View Post
            I went for my first time in December 2008, I went in the beginning of the month and the crowds were low. It is considered value season. There is nothing like seeing the parks decorated for Christmas.

The weather was great, 70 during the day, 50 at night. I'm from California so do not do well in the heat/humidity.

But I was also not prepared for how big WDW is. I was there for 10 days and lost 16 pounds! My feet and back were killing me. 2 weeks after I got back I had to have back surgery, but would do it all over again. Well maybe only 7 days next time!

Enjoyed your reading your report! Also loved the Disneydork tshirts!
            Thank you!

I'm so torn about going to WDW for Christmas. The differences I see between DL and WDW, I'm probably partial to DL for Christmas. Plus, you can experience everything at DL, without paying an addition fee for Mickey's Christmas party thing or whatever it's called. lol

I think next time we'll definitely go at the beginning of the year.

Comment

Working...
            X