X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News Fourth-Grader Corrects Disney's Grammar Mistake

From the article in the Coleyville Courier,

She spotted an error on a park sign while waiting in line for the Primeval Whirl roller coaster at Disney's Animal Kingdom in Orlando.The sign counted down to the ride: 5 seconds, 4 seconds, 3 seconds, 2 seconds, 1 seconds.
    "I read it out loud, and I'm like, 'Hey, that doesn't sound right," Hannah said. "A singular number can't be with a plural."
    So she snapped a photo of the sign and wrote the top brass at Disney in California and Florida. The response was "almost immediate," said her father, Keith Estes.
    The company expressed sentiments similar to those of her mother, Terri Estes, who said: "It's been up for 11 years, and Hannah's the first to catch and report it. It's just amazing that it got past the designers, cartoonists and thousands of tourists, and it took a fourth-grader to catch it."
    Disney officials told Hannah they would fix the sign immediately and thanked her for pointing out the error. They also sent her a certificate making her an honorary Imagineer, a special-edition collector's pin and an Imagineering Field Guide book.
    via Neatorama
    -Hale (wumbology)

a.k.a. h2mc, omnimover.mousetalgia, omnimover, wumbology, hogbackmtn, hhmcsharry, Hale M., h2m, h2mc

(I've never visited Disneyland Resort, Tokyo Disney Resort, Disneyland Resort Paris, nor Hong Kong Disneyland Resort, so don't be fooled when I pretend to know what I'm talking about. [But I'm pretty good with the information, if I do say so myself. And you can hit me all you want with Walt Disney World.])

Re: Fourth-Grader Corrects Disney's Grammar Mistake

I remember reading it and thinking "Something has to be wrong" but I suppose I never took the time to think it over it. Congrats to this young girl
    Last edited by Spacoli; 05-10-2010, 05:31 PM. Reason: Grammar correction
    Motor Mania!:yea:

Comment

That's awesome! Glad Disney took an immediate response, and gave the girl something special for it, instead of just fixing the sign, and not giving credit to the girl.

Comment

good for her!

and yay for Disney recognizing her for it! Wouldn't it be ironic if she really grew up to be an imagineer?

Comment

slow news day??????? :sleep:

that kid would have a field day in DCA . . .

(hey, that sign's wrong, and that one, and that one, and that one . . . . .)
          Critter Country's a mess ev'r since the Country Bears were kicked out. Ya can't cover pooh with honey and 'spect people ta like it.
          An Adventurers It's Time to Put the Spotlight Back on Bring Back the REAL Disney Gallery
          Life for Me! ~ ~ ~ Melvin, Buff, and Max!!! ~~~~ Dump the Dream Suite!
          Meese-ka Moose-ka Mice-Chatter!

Comment

Heh!

Comment

LOL There is probably a reason why nobody reported it.
              Next time I'm taking pictures of every wrong sign and sending them in :lmao:
              Good morning, son
              In twenty years from now
              Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
              And I can tell you 'bout today
              And how I picked you up and everything changed
              It was pain
              Sunny days and rain
              I knew you'd feel the same things...

sigpic

Comment

Nobody reported it because most people are willing to let a mistake go. I sense a great amount of parental encouragement here of the "you might get something out of it" type.

Comment

I'm still waiting for someone to take me seriously when I say there's a grammatical typo on this sign outside Stitch's Great Escape. Really, there is.

Comment

Exactly! This certainly isn't an A. They should fix it...

Comment

Heeeeey, I caught that error but thought it was intentional! Curse my metal body, I wasn't fast enough.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
                      http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
                      http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Comment

And another thing... I thought this was intentionally dumb, to show that Dinosaurs went extinct for a reason.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
                        http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
                        http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Comment

Originally posted by Aladdin View Post
                          slow news day??????? :sleep:

that kid would have a field day in DCA . . .

(hey, that sign's wrong, and that one, and that one, and that one . . . . .)
                          This made my day :lol:

http://www.amazon.com/Rent-A-Cops-ebook/dp/B00CGP2Y8S/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1367081996&sr=8-1&keywords=rentacops

Comment

Clearly, Disney's not smarter than a Fifth Grader then.

Comment

Originally posted by Coheteboy View Post
                              And another thing... I thought this was intentionally dumb, to show that Dinosaurs went extinct for a reason.
                              A good point, indeed.

Comment

A lot of it has to do with catching the mood and being the right person to do something. A young . I'm sure that on another day her "report" would have been handled in a different manner. Or if it was reported by a different demographic.

Well done to her, and well done disney for the response.
                                Smile, you never know who's looking !

Comment

I guess it's okay long as she doesn't turn into a future forum grammar Nazi!

Comment

That's what I thought too!

Comment

The area is bad enough as it is. Wish they would take out more than just a "S".
                                      -Monorail Man

Comment

We thought it was on purpose! It's sort of a 'Chester & Hester' kind of thing to do.

I wonder if the imagineers who put it are happy it was changed...

Sue in Texas

Comment

Working...
                                        X