X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Tips for My Trip! Help! :]

Alright guys, heres a challenge.

I've been to Disney World around 10 times now over the years (Im 16 now). The last time I went I was 15, so obviously I remember that time the most.

I will be going to the park for five days in a couple months.

My problem is, the last time we went, I didnt feel like we experienced everything we could have! We did a TON of great things, but I want some of you guys' personal opinions on what we just HAVE to do.

We're a family of four, me (16), my younger sister (she'll be 15), and my two parents who are still in good shape for all the rides.

We road Soarin', RnR coaster, Tower of Terror, Snow White & Peter Pans adventures, Haunted Mansion, Space Mountain, Stitchs Great Escape (yuk), Turtle Talk with Crush and the Monsters Inc Interactive thing, Test Track, Expedition Everest, Safaris, and Jurassic Park that I can remember. I probably left some out. I am mainly looking for suggestions from Epcot and Hollywood Studios, as we spent the least time there.

Also, any helpful tips on saving money/seeing shows the best?

Thanks guys!
    Dream a dream, a fantastical wish.

Re: Tips for My Trip! Help! :]

For Hollywood Studios, I would recommend getting a Fast Pass for Midway Mania as soon as you can, those go really fast and the stand by line is usually ridiculously long (and really not worth it, it's a great ride but I wouldn't want to wait more than 30 minutes) Be sure to see Light! Motors! Action!, it is really a great stunt show, I was very impressed. Obviously ToT and RnR are must sees. I, as always, recommend doing the Single Rider option for RnR, the line is typically short and you don't need to waste a Fast Pass, just know that you won't be riding with anyone in your party.

Epcot, is good to spread over two days. One day for Future World, and one day for World Showcase and if you've done everything you want to do in the World Showcase, you can just go back to Future World and hit some rides.

Mission: Space is an amazing ride, if you can handle simulators. Test Track, obviously....and it also has a Single Rider option. If you plan on doing Soarin' that's one to get a Fast Pass for as soon as possible. When I was there for the rope drop, easily 80% of the crowd went to The Land just to get in line or get a Fast Pass. It's very popular. I'm not sure when it's closing, but Honey I Shrunk the Audience is always fun. Some may argue with me, but it's a nice attraction to just chill out. If you're into aquariums check out The Seas with Nemo and Friends, the ride is pretty subpar but the aquarium is pretty cool. I didn't get a chance to see Turtle Talk with Crush, but I've heard good things. Those are the ones in future world that stick out, to me, obviously there is a ton more to do and you could probably spend a couple hours in Innoventions alone.

For the World Showcase Mexico and Norway are the only two countries with real "rides". America has the American Adventure which is a pretty amazing show and I would consider a must see. France and Canada both have videos which are pretty good as well.
    What an idiot....

Yeah, I do that Twitter thing.

Comment

Anyone sho says yuk to SGE shiws maturity and taste beyond your years.
      I know at 16 most folks want to sleep in, but being there at rope drop is key. Especially at DHS for Toy Story Midway Mania. Go there first thing and ride and fastpass it(or vice versa) See the shows at DHS, Beauty and the Beast, Indy Jones, and Muppets 3D are great.
      At Epcot, the movie in Canada is a hoot. The Chinese acrobats are incredible and the bands at Great Britain and Canada are terrific.
      Talk to your family about going to Hoop de doo Revue. It's corny done to perfection with ribs and fried chicken.
      Mostly, go to the web site and see what you think you'll like. There's a million things to do, and 1 trip will never be enough.

Comment

Originally posted by Tui View Post
        I'm not sure when it's closing, but Honey I Shrunk the Audience is always fun.
        Well, she's going in a couple months, so when she goes, which puts the trip in July if I'm right, so HISTA will be long gone as Captain EO comes back July 2nd.

My advice? Don't try to rush things too much. Take time to absorb the atmosphere and enjoy the scenery... especially at EPCOT.

As for saving money, well that's hard to do at WDW but not impossible. I usually save money on meals by eating at the quick services places instead of the sit-down restaurants, but if I *do* go to a sit-down restaurant, I go for lunch instead of dinner as it's usually the same menu and MUCH cheaper.

Check out some of the hotels if you have time, especially on the MK resort line. My personal fave just for the atmosphere is the Polynesian. Grab a Dole Whip at Captain Cook's and eat it out on the beach (the Hawaiian flatbread pizzas aren't too bad either).

Comment

Originally posted by Daisy'sno1fan View Post
          I know at 16 most folks want to sleep in, but being there at rope drop is key.
          Hahaha! Well thank you very much! The whole SGE experience just made me nervous, anxious, and then disappointed x100. Its awful.. and I hear compared to the old ride (Alien Encounter I believe?) its doubly awful.

Anyways.. as for the sleeping in 16-year-old, thats not me at WDW!
          But we've never been present for a rope-drop, that sounds neat,
          we'll have to be up-and-at-'em this trip!

Thanks all of you for your tips, and if anyone has any more, please dont hesitate to leave them! Thanks SOOOO much! <3

Comment

Originally posted by Daisy'sno1fan View Post
            I know at 16 most folks want to sleep in, but being there at rope drop is key.
            Hahaha! Well thank you very much! The whole SGE experience just made me nervous, anxious, and then disappointed x100. Its awful.. and I hear compared to the old ride (Alien Encounter I believe?) its doubly awful.

Anyways.. as for the sleeping in 16-year-old, thats not me at WDW!
            But we've never been present for a rope-drop, that sounds neat,
            we'll have to be up-and-at-'em this trip!

Thanks all of you for your tips, and if anyone has any more, please dont hesitate to leave them! Thanks SOOOO much! <3

Comment

Working...
            X