X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Fun] New idea for Epcot Future World - Inner Space

Hello All

I've been thinking for a while about a new idea for future world, maybe as a replacement for wonders of life or as a new standalone pavilion

One of the rides I always wanted to ride was Adventure Thru Inner Space at Disneyland. I think the idea of riding into the atom is still a great concept and could really be done well with today's technology. This idea wis only for fun but I thought it could be a good idea. Us Disneynuts would get the in jokes and gags but there would still be enough for casual visitors to enjoy

In my version of the ride you enter a particle physics research institute. Passing through various queue areas you pass displays on atoms and sub-atomic particles. These range from the real (splitting the atom, nuclear power etc) to fantasy (atomic cruisers, miniturisation technology etc). Passing into a breifing room we are told by anamatronic chief scientist Tom Morrrow that we are going to penetrate the walls of the atom in a search to find the higgs boson particle. In order to do this we will be loaded into an "atom smasher' craft and loaded into the cyclotron to be miniturised and fired into the target snowflake atom.

We then board a vehicle - this will be a futuristic version of the Journey to the centre of the Earth ride in Tokyo. Once strapped in we procede into the miniturising room - here there are lots of effects (lasers, smoke and air blasts with forward motion etc) and projection walls to make the illusion of shrinking to subatomic size. After a quick radio update form chief scientist Tom Morrow that all is well and we have been loaded into the cycloton gun we hear a countdown and then the main part of the ride starts accelerating very fast through an effects corridor (lighting effects, sounds and vibration etc - think s 4D version of bullet time from the Matrix) we stop in an effects room with a large glowing model of the atomic nucleus and wizzing electrons overhead. After another update from Tom we then accelerate faster through another corridoor into the nucleus itself - this involves travelling through some dark space and bursting into a bright area with glowing colours and beautyful effects - we get another update from tom that these are subatomic particles the smallest building blocks of nature.

Travelling through this area things go from bright and cheeerful to a bit darker and more sinister (the onboard soundtrack helps with this) finally we see a large glowing particle in front of us and Tom Morrow informs us this is the higgs boson as we move towards it the vehicle becomes more unstable and begins to shake. Tom Morrow informs us that the snowflake is melting and becomming unstable we must return to the real world already. Veering sharply away from the Higgs boson we pass through another effects corridor and find ourselves back at the research institute. We disembark our atom smasher and travel on a travolator to a post show area listening to miracles from molecules.

The exterior of the pavilion could be the same as wonders of life or a 60's googie style dome. In front there would be a small lake with another attraction - the aquatopia from TDS rethemed to represent bobbling molecules

Any thoughts

Re: New idea for Epcot Future World - Inner Space

There was a plan to bring ATIS back to DL in the so-called "WestCot" Park, but updated and called "Comsic Journeys". It's nice, however you forgot to mention we were entering a snowflake. Overall, it's great!(Though, story wise, Body Wars was supposed to be a unofical sequel to ATIS.)

Timekeeper
    sigpicNow the Tower of Sauron has fallen
    Also, this picture and my Avatar was taken with a Nintendo DSi System and Nyko Magnification Lens & Case for DSi.

Comment

Bah! They should make use of that space AND the $4 billion dollar Marvel deal and put some Iron Man ride in there. :whistling

Comment

Originally posted by Freakazoid112 View Post
        Bah! They should make use of that space AND the $4 billion dollar Marvel deal and put some Iron Man ride in there. :whistling
        NO.

Originally posted by robbiem View Post
        I've been thinking for a while about a new idea for future world, maybe as a replacement for wonders of life or as a new standalone pavilion.
        I think this attraction could work in some form or fashion. Probably as a part of a larger pavilion. I can't say I'm a fan of all the backstory and added characters... I'd rather see Epcot start moving back towards entertaining exposition-like presentations like Spaceship Earth or Soarin', and away from story-driven environments like Mission: Space or Journey into Imagination with Figment. There are plenty of those attractions in the other three parks, for me.

However, you're aware that the Journey/Earth vehicle is almost exactly the same as Test Track's? Having two very similar ride experiences, special ones like Test Track, almost right next to each other might not be a good idea.
        -Hale (wumbology)

a.k.a. h2mc, omnimover.mousetalgia, omnimover, wumbology, hogbackmtn, hhmcsharry, Hale M., h2m, h2mc

(I've never visited Disneyland Resort, Tokyo Disney Resort, Disneyland Resort Paris, nor Hong Kong Disneyland Resort, so don't be fooled when I pretend to know what I'm talking about. [But I'm pretty good with the information, if I do say so myself. And you can hit me all you want with Walt Disney World.])

Comment

Working...
        X