• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mamabot
    Rally Vixen
    MiceChat Administrator
    • Jan 2005

My next trip to WDW

Visited WDW for the first time. Had a fabulous time with the world's best tour guide. I am looking forward to going back again this year, thanks to a nice little bonus from my boss.

This time around, I would like to explore the resort more than the parks. There is so much to see. I know we missed a lot in our whirlwind tour, but I still feel like I saw everything I needed to see during my first time there.

What should be on my do nto miss list this time around? I know that I want to spend about a day in EPCOT. How long of a trip should I take?
    Anything listed on the park maps as an attraction is fair game for inclusion in the Rally.
    I cannot confirm nor deny the inclusion of any attraction in the Rally.

May the Gumballs Be with You...Always.

NO GOATS!
  • dsnylndmom
    loves a silver lining
    • Jan 2005

Are you going to be going sans kids again? I'm no help there.

I can tell you that I thought Animal Kingdom was a beautiful park, not so much to do buy beautiful.

And I'd suggest staying at a different hotel, even though you loved yours, just to try out the others, since there's so many!!

Of course you know allllll about the monorail lounge tour so we don't even have to go there!!

I would say at least 4 days.

I know when I go back in '06 with the kids I"m hoping for 7-10 days.

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

Comment

• Dustysage
      Man of mystery and
      MiceChat Administrator
      • Jan 2005

I just bought into the whole Disney Vacation Club thing, so I'll be going at least twice a year. I think I'll start doing a lot more resort exploration too.
      MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

Find us on Facebook: .

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,
      Save

Comment

• dsnylndmom
        loves a silver lining
        • Jan 2005

Originally posted by Dustysage
        I just bought into the whole Disney Vacation Club thing, so I'll be going at least twice a year. I think I'll start doing a lot more resort exploration too.
        Party at Todd's!!! Monorail Lounge Tour!

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

Comment

• libraryvixen
          Where's the Big Dipper?
          • Jan 2005

My best guy friend is coming home from Iraq soon and he wants me and B to go with him and his family on a Disney Cruise and (hopefully) WDW. This may be at the end of the year. *crossing fingers*
          She walks in beauty, like the night
          Of cloudless climes and starry skies;
          And all that's best of dark and bright
          Meet in her aspect and her eyes.....

--Lord Byron

Comment

• innerSpaceman
            Social Imagineer
            • Jan 2005

Hmmm, I really to need to update my DisneyWorld knowledge banks, but - woe is me - I can't afford both the airfare and the hotel accomodations. What's a boy like me to do??

Seeing more of the resort than just the parks is a must! Some of the hotels are so gorgeous, and of course Pleasure Island must be experienced. I love the water parks, too. 10-days is the minimum it takes to do the full DisneyWorld thing. Visiting in phases is a good idea if you don't have unlimited time off. It could take 7.6 years to eat at all the good restaurants!

Comment

• dsnylndmom
              loves a silver lining
              • Jan 2005

Originally posted by innerSpaceman
              Seeing more of the resort than just the parks is a must! Some of the hotels are so gorgeous, and of course Pleasure Island must be experienced. I love the water parks, too. 10-days is the minimum it takes to do the full DisneyWorld thing. Visiting in phases is a good idea if you don't have unlimited time off. It could take 7.6 years to eat at all the good restaurants!
              ITA! There is so much to do and see and you just don't get how big it is until you actually get there. I haven't done a water park yet, but I LOVED Pleasure Island, and need to go back I haven't go to do the Adventurer's Club yet!!! I would like to visit more of the hotels and eat at more of the hotels. I'd love to do a nice dinner at California Grill next trip! You are soo right there is just an abundance of good food!! Oh the Moroccon place in Epcot is high on my list too.

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

Comment

• innerSpaceman
                Social Imagineer
                • Jan 2005

Originally posted by dsnylndmom
                ITA! There is so much to do and see and you just don't get how big it is until you actually get there.
                Hehe, what I love about it is spending a week-to-ten-days there and never leaving Disney property!

I'm kinda bummed it's an ambience I'll be breaking out of next time I visit, but I will be going off-property to see Islands of Adventure.

Comment

• Disguy
                  -Going Retro-
                  • Jan 2005

I would looove a trip to WDW. We are trying to plan one right now for 2006 end of Oct or early Nov. The problem is for 10 days we are looking at nine grand. WAY to much for Disney World. So I need to cut back on the super nice room and all that stuff. Actually it's really a toss up between DLP and WDW both, we've never been to. This is a trip for Sparky's graduation so I guess it's up to him.

Comment

• dsnylndmom
                    loves a silver lining
                    • Jan 2005

Originally posted by Disguy
                    I would looove a trip to WDW. We are trying to plan one right now for 2006 end of Oct or early Nov. The problem is for 10 days we are looking at nine grand. WAY to much for Disney World. So I need to cut back on the super nice room and all that stuff. Actually it's really a toss up between DLP and WDW both, we've never been to. This is a trip for Sparky's graduation so I guess it's up to him.
                    I tollddddd you I'd help you find a better deal! Plus, we need to coincide our 2006 dates so we can meet up for a day or two while we're there!

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

Comment

• dsnylndmom
                      loves a silver lining
                      • Jan 2005

Originally posted by innerSpaceman
                      Hehe, what I love about it is spending a week-to-ten-days there and never leaving Disney property!

I'm kinda bummed it's an ambience I'll be breaking out of next time I visit, but I will be going off-property to see Islands of Adventure.
                      ISM, my friend, again I'm in total agreement with you!! I PROMISED mr. Ky that we will go to IOA when we go back this time. Hey speaking of IOA, did anyone invite CoasterMatt over here???

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

Comment

• millionairegirl
                        • Jan 2005

We have a trip planned for December 10-18, 2005. I'm budgeting about $1,500-$2,000 each for my sister and I. That is a huge number, isn't it? We're not even staying in the nicest Deluxe. We'll be staying at the Wilderness Lodge in a Standard View room. With AAA discount that comes out to be ~$1,500 for the 8 nights. Tickets will be $235 for 5 day Advance Purchase PHs. We'll buy Water Park and PI tickets separately (we won't do the Magic Plus add on because it may be too cold for a water park). We'll also go to MVMCP.

Food will be expensive, but that's half the reason for going! We're going to eat at Artist Point, California Grille, and Le Cellier, to name a view. We thought about going for the Dining Plan, but you can't apply discounts to packages yet, so it becomes a rip off.

We originally were going to get a town car to get to the resort and stop at a grocery store to buy bottled water and Pepsi for my Pepsi-loving sister (a week at Disney with only Coke drives her crazy), but now that they have the Magical Express we'll save our $80 and just use that. We may walk from DTD to Goodings if she gets desperate for Pepsi.

Comment

• dsnylndmom
                          loves a silver lining
                          • Jan 2005

Originally posted by millionairegirl
                          We have a trip planned for December 10-18, 2005. I'm budgeting about $1,500-$2,000 each for my sister and I. That is a huge number, isn't it? We're not even staying in the nicest Deluxe. We'll be staying at the Wilderness Lodge in a Standard View room. With AAA discount that comes out to be ~$1,500 for the 8 nights. Tickets will be $235 for 5 day Advance Purchase PHs. We'll buy Water Park and PI tickets separately (we won't do the Magic Plus add on because it may be too cold for a water park). We'll also go to MVMCP.

Food will be expensive, but that's half the reason for going! We're going to eat at Artist Point, California Grille, and Le Cellier, to name a view. We thought about going for the Dining Plan, but you can't apply discounts to packages yet, so it becomes a rip off.

We originally were going to get a town car to get to the resort and stop at a grocery store to buy bottled water and Pepsi for my Pepsi-loving sister (a week at Disney with only Coke drives her crazy), but now that they have the Magical Express we'll save our $80 and just use that. We may walk from DTD to Goodings if she gets desperate for Pepsi.
                          I would still go with the towncar service. From what I understand it's looking like the Magical Express is through Mears, which should be avoided! LOL!! You can probably find a discount on the towncar too so that would help.

Btw, my AAA agent has told me that you do get a discount with the new packages, you may want to double check. There is a list of restaurant's that are available with the dining plan on wdw's site I think that Le Cellier is a double pointer but it still might work out to save you $$.

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

Comment

• brian9549
                            Disneyland Fan
                            • Jan 2005

My wife and I have only been to WDW twice, the second time was Nov '03, when we went with a AAA package. I have to say, if you rent a car and have a AAA package, the AAA parking pass is soooooooo worth it. You get to park right at the front next to most of the front gates. I so want to go back.

We wanted to do the restort hopping thing but just never had the time to! We are hoping to go back sometime in the next five years.
                            :captain: Brian9549

Relive fond Memories of The Country Bears
                            The Country Bear Vacation Hoedown!
                            The Country Bear Jamboree
                            The Country Bear Christmas Show

Come see my other vids on google and youtube, just search for brian9549 or click here or here or here

Comment

• buzz lightbeer
                              Minion
                              • Jan 2005

hello to all the WDW fans!

I am excited to join this forum and just wanted to say hi to all the other WDW fans out there!

I've read a lot of the posts today and I wanted to share a bit of fun my wife and I enjoy on our visits.

We are WDW regulars (from Illinois). My wife was a cast member who did character work and danced in various parades and shows. We visit at least once a year, but in 2004 we were lucky to hit WDW twice and Disneyland Paris once!

We have some friends that work for the parks (he is head of entertainment at MGM and his wife works as "DeVine" at Animal Kingdom) and this past July they took us to the Contemporary's California Grill for dinner and then an amazing rooftop view of the Wishes Nighttime Spectacular! I strongly suggest checking this out if you want a wonderful Disney night (and then head over to the Adventurer's Club)!

(this shaky digital photo doesn't come close to how beautiful it is )

I hope to share wonderful tips and gain new ones from this new forum!

Aaron
                              Last edited by buzz lightbeer; 01-15-2005, 12:18 PM.

Comment

• Mr D
                                Old Timer
                                • Jan 2005

It sounds too late for this advice, stay OFF property, rent a vacation home, they are comparable to a mid class Disney room but you have complete isolation, usually your own pool and a lot quieter place to stay. and give yourself a chance to see the "other" places in Orlando.
                                Micechat member # 98

TARDIS
                                "Time And Relative Dimension In Space."

Comment

• dsnycrw
                                  • Jan 2005

I have been a member of the DVC for hmmmm about 10 years or so now....you will be hooked.

It's t-40 days and counting before we jet off to Florida and the Old Key West resort.....my family in TX will be joining us for their and my new hubby's first trip to WDW....sadly we will only have 4 days there...like most I prefer a good 10 days to relax and enjoy the resorts and parks...but we'll make the best of it.
                                  ~~Second star to the right and straight on til morning~~

5 out of 4 people have a problem with fractions :confused:

Comment

• BigDaddyKyle
                                    Miranda Lambert and Me!
                                    • Jan 2005

I will be haeding down there in June for my next WDW...If anyone is going there there mid-June and want someone to hang out with and have be a tour guide I'm up for it!!!!!
                                    Listen to me on the radio!

us101country.com Fridays- 9p-12m ET and Saturdays- 7p-10p ET

981thelegend.com Monday-Friday - 12m-6a ET

rock105.net Sundays - 10p-12m ET

You can also visit my DJ blog HERE!
                                    Also, I have a Myspace- CLICK HERE

Comment

• Dustysage
                                      Man of mystery and
                                      MiceChat Administrator
                                      • Jan 2005

Originally posted by dsnycrw

I have been a member of the DVC for hmmmm about 10 years or so now....you will be hooked.

It's t-40 days and counting before we jet off to Florida and the Old Key West resort.....my family in TX will be joining us for their and my new hubby's first trip to WDW....sadly we will only have 4 days there...like most I prefer a good 10 days to relax and enjoy the resorts and parks...but we'll make the best of it.
                                      I count on it. If not, it was a huge waste of money. LOL
                                      I'll go off peak so I can make the most of my points. Any favorite DVC resort?
                                      MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

Find us on Facebook: .

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,
                                      Save

Comment

• Mellywil
                                        • Jan 2005

I count on it. If not, it was a huge waste of money. LOL
                                        I'll go off peak so I can make the most of my points. Any favorite DVC resort?
                                        I hope you don't mind if I jump in here....I've only stayed at OKW (1 bedroom villa) and VWL (studio) but I loved them both. The villa at OKW was HUGE and the resort had a great feel to it. The VWL though are at the WL which is just amazing. The lobby of the villas building is like a miniature WL, complete with a miniature of the lobby! It's quite spectacular.

As for the original question about non-park activities, I LOVE PI. Spend nearly every night of my stay there, predominantly in the AC but occassionally visit the Comedy Warehouse. Loads of fun
                                        Next trip September 2013

Past trips:
                                        May 2010 TDL and DisneySea
                                        September 2006 TDL and DisneySea

Dec 2005 DL
                                        June 2003 DL
                                        Dec 2002 WDW
                                        April 2002 DLP
                                        Dec 2001 DL
                                        Nov 2000 WDW
                                        Oct 2000 DL
                                        Oct 1997 WDW