Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

MiceChat Rules

A list of MiceChat's rules can be found at the top of the Disneyland forum.
2 of 2 < >

Ad Blockers

Please do not use ad blocking software when visiting MiceChat. It costs money to keep MiceChat online, and ad revenue offsets this. Thank you.
See more
See less

Does MiceAge/MiceChat focus too much on Disneyland?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Does MiceAge/MiceChat focus too much on Disneyland?

Well, does it?
    First off, let me say I am only 20 Miles from The Disneyland Resort. An have NEVER been to Disney World. So I am not complaining....
    But it seems like this site is heavily focused on the West coast. Every little detail about DLR is discussed in an article. An when Disneyland opens a new attraction sometimes the theme of the site is changed to match that attraction (Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage). An honestly I love it! But it seems kinda unfair to the Disney World crowd.

Like whenever I read one of Kevin's article's Im not very interested in what he talks about. It has no meaning to me as I dont go to those parks (I will one day). So I just assumed you guys would feel the same way about Al's updates, Dateline Disneyland, and In The Parks. It would be cool if Disney World and Orlando had their own version of these articles to tell you when that "little known secretly loved shop" in the back corner of one of the Florida parks will reopen and it's improvements (or declining by degree's..). It seems since Disney World is much larger they would have more projects going on to talk about anyway. Kevin's articles are great too but they jam every park in Orlando in his updates. It's hard to focus on everything without it getting too long.

Again, I am not complaining because I LOVE all the Disneyland updates. I also understand this site started with the west coast parks. I was just wondering about what you guys think. This isn't to start a flame war or anything.... So what are you guys thoughts?
    Yes
    52.46%
    No
    40.98%
    It's about the same
    6.56%

Re: Does MiceAge/MiceChat focus too much on Disneyland?

The internet needed a good Disneyland site, and MiceChat is it. When I was researching information about Disneyland, back in 2005, I found loads of information about Disney World and very little about Disneyland. Then I happened across MiceChat which was just getting started by the way.

I am grateful every day for that find. MiceChat is the best source for Disneyland there is. People here tell it like it is. I like that.
    BarbaraAnn

Comment

Yes, but not to their fault.

As a former WDW CM, i LOVE Kevin's updates, and lurk on the WDW boards, but I am mostly over on the DL boards. I am a little out of touch since I havent been to the WDW Resort in about 4 years (which may not be a long time for some, but after working there, it seems like forever).

Just my two cents!
      The Few, The Proud, The Fans Fan of Light Magic!

Walt Disney World College Program, Spring 2005, Entertainment

Comment

The MiceAge articles cover both parks and some others as well. The subject matter of each column is determined not only by the author, but by the topicality. If something news-worthy is happening, it gets covered.

More importantly, the MiceChat message threads and their subjects are determined by the posters. There tend to be more DL-related threads for the simple reason that DL is still the smaller park with a more local and 'loyal' following. People who go to the park once a week or more tend to know its ins and outs very well and discuss every minute detail with other rabid fans. If the APs take off at WDW and more people are able to engage in endless discussions of the parks, perhaps the ratio will shift.

Comment

It's simple... DL has tons of locals here... WDW has few. The site's activity levels are based on the community's ability to contribute.

At least it's not as hateful on WDW as it was a few years ago... the WDW bashing has quieted down a bit.

So much happens at WDW that not even a weekly trip reporter can keep up with all the little changes that happen all over. Some other websites do a better job of 'whats happening in wdw' type coverage. But you come here for what you want, and go to others for what they can't fill here. No biggie.

Comment

Does MiceChat focus more on Disneyland? Yes.

Does MiceChat focus too much on Disneyland? No. This community just happens to be more Disneyland-centric. There's no absolute need for balance.
            -Hale (wumbology)

a.k.a. h2mc, omnimover.mousetalgia, omnimover, wumbology, hogbackmtn, hhmcsharry, Hale M., h2m, h2mc

(I've never visited Disneyland Resort, Tokyo Disney Resort, Disneyland Resort Paris, nor Hong Kong Disneyland Resort, so don't be fooled when I pretend to know what I'm talking about. [But I'm pretty good with the information, if I do say so myself. And you can hit me all you want with Walt Disney World.])

Comment

Too much WDW on the web...MC is a great Disneyland site.

Comment

Before MiceChat started, I was posting on a diffferent site, which had a strong DL following. But when the owners of the other sight moved to Florida, they began to fall away from information on Disneyland, and even started falling away from the meets they had at Disneyland. And really their sight didn't pick up much more info on WDW. The sight lost it's focus, and they bit off more than they could do, and didn't update their sight with additional enhancements, and got stuck at the turn of the millenium.

Fortunately, MiceChat has kept their focus, and expanded it, they have kept the sight with updated, and added features. And not only does MiceChat cover the tons of new stuff being added at the DLR, but they also have included Knott's, Universal, Magic Mt, Sea World, San Diego Zoo, on a regular basis. And MiceChat does offer occassional meets in WDW at least a couple times a year. And news of DLP, DLHK, TDL, and DL mainland China all get coverage, as well as ALL aspects of the Disney Empire.

BUT, after all is said and done, they remember what the base is that drew us togeether in the first place, which is Disneyland and love of all things Disney. And the boards are completely open to discuss whatever area anyone want's to talk about. So it's really up to the people who participate in the discussion and read these boards, that shows what people are most interested in.
                Critter Country's a mess ev'r since the Country Bears were kicked out. Ya can't cover pooh with honey and 'spect people ta like it.
                An Adventurers It's Time to Put the Spotlight Back on Bring Back the REAL Disney Gallery
                Life for Me! ~ ~ ~ Melvin, Buff, and Max!!! ~~~~ Dump the Dream Suite!
                Meese-ka Moose-ka Mice-Chatter!

Comment

Before I joined MiceChat I was on another Disney site for 3 and 1/2 years with almost the same number of members. That site was exactly the opposite of MiceChat. Almost all the talk on that site is about WDW, and very little talk about Disneyland. I joined MiceChat because I wanted more Disneyland discussion, since it is my home resort. I still love WDW and discussing their parks and resorts, but I want to know what's going on locally.
                  sigpic

Comment

As far as the MiceChat side of things goes, the focus is mostly up to us. If we want more WDW talk, we just need to start it.

Comment

There can NEVER be too much focus on Disneyland
                      sigpic

Comment

I totally agree. You can never have too much Disneyland talk. lol
                        Instead of "too much Disneyland" I should have put "not enough Disney World". Like I said, Im happy with all the Disneyland talk. Seeing as how thats the only Disney park I frequent. Im just saying I feel a little bad for Disney World lovers. Thats all. But you guys are right, there are other sites dedicated to Disney World.

Comment

I think it's because this site is majority Disneyland, and is based near Disneyland. Naturally it will be more Disneyland Centric.

Comment

We do have frequent WDW updates, you just need to make sure you check the Weekend Updates for most of that. I think it's great we have writers on both coasts that let us know about something when we need it and we have a lot of members who give us reports on Japan, Paris, and Hong Kong.

But Disneyland is where it's at. It's where the company is and usually it's where the news is.

I WOULD like more WDW updates though.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
                            http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
                            http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Comment

I think they just focus on Disneyland so much more because the site is based here on the west coast. From what I've read WDW isn't taken care of as well as Disneyland, so there might be an audience for Al's critical updates for those parks...

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X