This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Rumor] Yeti News?

I started a new thread about possible Yeti news because the petitions is, well, a petition. And its getting long. Sooo to continue on..

From Screamscape:

(6/4/10) I’ve heard that something new may be up with the Yeti at Everest again. One report claims that the Yeti is gone, while another simply reported that the finale room was totally dark on their ride through, so you couldn’t tell one way or another.

I've heard lots of reports that the finale room was completely dark. Anyone with an upcoming trip, let us know!!

EDIT: Just to elaborate a little more, I've read a couple reports where CMs said that the room was dark as to hide the screen around the Yeti because imagineers were taking a look at the damage. So it could be fixing? It could be assessing? Keep your eyes peeled.
    Last edited by inluvwithbeast; 06-04-2010, 05:54 PM. Reason: Elaborate ;)

Re: Yeti News?

A typical dialogue with a friend who has recently returned from Walt Disney World:
    Friend: "Oh, and Everest was awesome! Such a cool coaster."

Me: "I know, right? Expedition: Everest is a lot of fun. But, it would be even better if the Yeti animatronic worked like it was supposed to."

Friend: "What Yeti animatronic?"

Me: "You know, near the end, and you look up and see the Yeti over you. It was supposed to move a bunch, but it didn't work well so now it doesn't move and there's just a strobe light and a fan on it."

Friend: "Well, I saw the Yeti shadow thing, but I didn't see any animatronic..."

Me: :bang:
    -Hale (wumbology)

a.k.a. h2mc, omnimover.mousetalgia, omnimover, wumbology, hogbackmtn, hhmcsharry, Hale M., h2m, h2mc

(I've never visited Disneyland Resort, Tokyo Disney Resort, Disneyland Resort Paris, nor Hong Kong Disneyland Resort, so don't be fooled when I pretend to know what I'm talking about. [But I'm pretty good with the information, if I do say so myself. And you can hit me all you want with Walt Disney World.])

Comment

What people don't realize (like your friend) is that the coaster is so much better with the animatronic! I remember shrinking down into my seat because it felt like the Yeti was gonna take off my head!

First-timers who ride it now think its amazing, but think of the reviews it would get if it was actually in full working order???

Comment

I remember the Yetti but is that why it was always shut down alot? There were times we would get in line and then the workers would tell us to leave because the ride stopped working and it would be several hours before it would work again. Last year when we went I noticed that the Yetti didn't come down to grab us as he did in the past few years.

Comment

The Yeti hasn't been moving, in "A" mode, for a very long time. It has been in "B" mode or a modified "B" mode for years. All it is is a Yeti in a scary position with a fan blowing on it and a strobe light flashing making it look like it's moving.
          -Hale (wumbology)

a.k.a. h2mc, omnimover.mousetalgia, omnimover, wumbology, hogbackmtn, hhmcsharry, Hale M., h2m, h2mc

(I've never visited Disneyland Resort, Tokyo Disney Resort, Disneyland Resort Paris, nor Hong Kong Disneyland Resort, so don't be fooled when I pretend to know what I'm talking about. [But I'm pretty good with the information, if I do say so myself. And you can hit me all you want with Walt Disney World.])

Comment

Originally posted by wumbology View Post
            The Yeti hasn't been moving, in "A" mode, for a very long time. It has been in "B" mode or a modified "B" mode for years. All it is is a Yeti in a scary position with a fan blowing on it and a strobe light flashing making it look like it's moving.
            I guess im the only one who thinks B mode is scarier then,
            A mode is impressive, but you see the yeti the whole time. B mode, you only see glimpses of the yeti, more like the museum stuff, with no idea where its got to.

n.b. either way expedition everest is top of my list of 'must do if running' rides for next time.
            We Play Rock and Roll

Comment

Hopefully its up and running in full condition when I do to WDW on June 12th! I have yet to go on Expedition: Everest.
              Dude..

Comment

Originally posted by Coolspike9 View Post
                Hopefully its up and running in full condition when I do to WDW on June 12th!

It won't be. Sorry for the bluntness....but yeah.
                What an idiot....

Yeah, I do that Twitter thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Coolspike9 View Post
                  Hopefully its up and running in full condition when I do to WDW on June 12th! I have yet to go on Expedition: Everest.
                  I fear the Yeti will never be back to opening day glory and as for the whole attraction, you will be lucky to have 4 of 9 on again, off again effects running. As for the "new" Yeti movement we are supposedly getting, I've heard it will pale in comparison to the original.

Comment

How long has it been down? I have only been to WDW once in May 2006 and it was working then.
                    FIRST DLR TRIP - 1981

FIRST DLP TRIP - March 1997

FIRST WDW TRIP - May/June 2006

FIRST HKDL TRIP - 2016?

FIRST TDLR TRIP - 2017?

FIRST SHDL TRIP - 2019?

Comment

Been down for quite awhile from what I remember. And for those just tuning in and wondering *why* the Yeti is in "B" mode.... it's because the motions the Yeti made in "A" mode were so intense that it cracked the foundation the yeti is on. Since the yeti is intertwined with the mountain's foundation itself (it's a VERY complex system they got in there that interlinks the ride, yeti and mountain itself)... further damage could set a very bad chain of events in motion.

Comment

I'm broke? I didn't even know I was sick

I was lucky enuff to get to see the big guy in full operations on several occasions, I love it so hopefully it will be back in all his glory soon!

Comment

This is sad. I honestly didn't see the yeti until my GF pointed it out. But I her that the yeti was something to behold when if was operating properly.
                          sigpicDISNEYROYALTY

Comment

I've only seen clips of the yeti in full action on TV but holy cow the way he swiped at the coaster trains was something else. The motion was really severe so I can see how since it would repeat that motion hundreds of times a day that it would cause its foundation to crack.

Comment

Oh, Animal Kingdom. You're trying. And we love you for it. :gladsad:
                              -Hale (wumbology)

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X