• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ben1993
    MiceChatter
    • Jun 2010

Re: Fishbulb's 2010 WDW GayDays Trip Report

gimme gimme moaaar

great trip report, some fantastic shots youve got - you would have been there the same time as me aswell
    Disneyland Paris: August 1999, October 2000, March 2002, November 2010, Janruary 2013, May 2013
    Walt Disney World: May 2011, November 2011
    Disneyland Resort: September 2015
    Hong Kong Disneyland: July 2016

Comment

• Fairy Godmother Travel
      MiceChatter
      • Sep 2008

Looks like yall had a great time. Jeff's party looks cool

It looks like Gay Days was less crowded than in the past. How were the crowds that day at Magic Kingdom?

Poor MM! I hope he was ok to go to Epcot the next day!
      MiceChat Preferred Travel Partner

Contact us to book your next Disney Vacation!

Comment

• princecharming
        Banned User
        • Apr 2009

waiting patiently for more pictures. Looks like everyone had a great time

Comment

• SpectroMan
          • Jan 2005

Originally posted by Grinning Ghost View Post
          WOOF! Anyone got the number of that hot bear cub in the brown/pink shirt on the right??? :thumbup: I could just eat him up! The one in the front row, 2nd from the right looks delicious too!
          Crackup! I do the same thing with these group shots - pick out all the ones I wish I knew....
          Please consider the environment before printing useless emails

Comment

• daannzzz
            • Feb 2005

I guess they only took a two day trip this year. Hopefully Mr Bulb is okay and will post more pics soon.

Comment

• Hathaway Browne
              MiceChatter
              • Jul 2008

Awesome TR. Just leaves you wanting more!!

I'd love to attend one of these events - looks like a hoot and a half.
              sigpic

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." -
              Walt Disney

Comment

• Fishbulb
                MiceChat Contributer
                • Feb 2005

WDW Gay Days 2010 Trip report
                Day 3, Sunday, June 6

On a side note, I REALLY apologize for the delay in getting these two final parts of the report up. Between World of Color opening and then Kong and other such things it's been simply maddening. Finally I have the time to finish telling you all my silly little story of fun in the Florida sun.

So, after a night of boozing it up and sun stroke hitting our group, we decided to hit EPCOT and take it as easy as possible. The only big plan for the day was an early dinner reservation at Le Cellier in the Canada Pavilion.

Early in the morning, Monorail Man and CaptPhoebus lfet from our rooms at the Boardwalk and went to the park early. Us old folks, Dustysage, Mickeymaxx, Rixter, Doom BGI an myself, made our way to EPCOT via the water transportation near the resort.

Immediately the heat got to me. What the heck? I was usually able to handle it. I began to seek shade at every chance and drinking water.

Our captain serenaded us. "The LOVE BOAT!" not really
                The four of us entered Epcot through the back entrance and Brerrbit1 was there waiting for us.

It was time to get a little something to eat and I soon began to melt again. Needed shade and QUICK! Fish and Chips sounded delightful. We grabbed some and sat under the shade of a huge umbrella. Capt Phoebus and Brerrbit1 opted for food from Morocco and brought it back to the table.

Om nom nom

We finished lunch and decided to take a stroll around the World Showcase Lagoon. We got about 100 feet from the UK pavilion when we realized that our flesh was melting from our faces. We ducked into the shop in Canada for a respite from the oppressive humidity and heat. I tell ya, maple candy and moose hats were never so inviting. Somehow the air conditioning made even the slightest thing in there fascinating.

The group then and there decided to abandon the plan to walk around outside and, instead enjoy the air conditioned rides of the resort. The closest one was Journey into Imagination. Well, technically it was the O' Canada movie but even we had out limits.

MickeyMaxx and I led the way to the Imagination Institute and to sweet, sweet air conditioning.

OMG it was HOT

HURRY ALMOST THERE!

aaaaaaaaa Air

At this point I was ecstatic to see Rick Moranis.

We left imagination and headed to the Land. It was rife with air conditioned attractions. First stop, Circle of Life. None of us had ever been into this attraction and we decided to give it a try. Yeah, it stunk. But it was comfortable.

The lobby had a variety of old school televisions. All of which had a different
                shade of the same image.

The attraction is basically an old AMC theater showing a short, heavy handed
                environmental movie.

It was time for one of our favorites, Living with the land.

Next up? The Seas!

The Seas were great, but Dusty and I decided it was time to hit one last ride and then go take a break at the Hotel before dinner.

Well time to go.

WAIT! we have to go to Club Cool for some Beverly, er, I mean that Chinese watermelon drink.

Okay, time to go.

Dusty and I took a slow, relaxing walk back to the hotel by way of the U.K.

After a super relaxing trip to the hotel and pool Dusty and I made it back to Le Cellier in time for a wonderful dinner with MickeyMaxx, Rixter, CaptPhoebus, Brerrbit1, and DOOM BGI.

The gardens are so great

For Sunnygirl

We got called in, on time too, and sat right down for a great meal. MickeyMaxx and Rixter had never been so we immediately suggested the cheese soup.

I had Salmon. It was great!

We finished dinner and did the best we could to waddle out of the restaurant. Le Cellier is amazingly good. It is actually reasonably priced but very difficult to get into.

Canada at night.

Monorail Man headed back to the hotel while Capt Phoebus and Brerrbit1 went to take advantage of extra magic hours at the Magic Kingdom. Dusty, Mickeymaxx, Doom BGI, Rixter and myself stayed to watch Illuminations. Yeah, it's getting a little played out but it is still nice.

The show ended and our intrepid band of park dwellers made our way back to the Boardwalk. The day was fun, but insanely hot. I took two massive bottles of water back up to the room, took a long shower and hydrated the heck out of myself. We were actually hoping to go try out Typhoon Lagoon the next day and we were hoping for good weather.

Until then,

THE END!!!
                "All my life I've had one dream, to achieve my many goals. �
                Homer Jay Simpson

Comment

• WheresMickey
                  Looking for Hidden Mickey
                  • May 2008

Yay! The trip report continues...

Keep it up Fishy!
                  Check out my page at www.myspace.com/wheresmickey

Check out my pin collection at www.pinpics.com. User name is WheresMickey

Comment

• cositaluvsmickey
                    Only the Lonely
                    • Feb 2009

I'm lovin this TR...it's making me excited for my WDW trip next year...can't wait to see more..
                    "Your dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway." Walt Disney

[

Comment

• sunnygirl
                      rainy day girl
                      • Apr 2005

Originally posted by Fishbulb View Post

For Sunnygirl

:love: You know how I adore the baby ducks! :gladsad: Thanks for thinking of me on what looks like an awesome (weather notwithstanding) trip.
                      Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Stitchy
                        Disappearing/Reappearing
                        • Jun 2006

EEEmaaaaagination....EEEEmaaaagination!

Thanks, I'll be singing that all day now.

Baby duckies...awwww!

Well, I'm glad you didn't completely melt...and hope we get to see even more of Fishy's Fabulous trip report!

Comment

• DisneyLove
                          Swish and Flicker
                          • Jul 2009

Great TR, loved reading (and looking at the pictures) it.
                          "If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day, so I never have to live without you." -Winnie the Pooh

Comment

• Risa
                            MiceChatter
                            • Jan 2007

Hey guys! Nice TR! Your stories are always so funny, Fishbulb. I love reading them.

My parents are at DL this weekend. It's my mom's b-day today. I told them they should stay at least until noon on Sunday. That way they can say hi to some MCers! Oh, and trade some pins with Elvis!
                            - Larisa

Everybody neat and pretty? Then, on with the show! -MMC

:ap:

Comment

• Rocker
                              I Don't Care
                              • Sep 2006

Great TR, Norm. You guys look like you had a good time.

AUTOPIA: Fan Since 1991

Comment

• TriSarahtops
                                One Little Spark...
                                • Jul 2010

great TR! It looks like you all had an awesome time! The photos are glorious (love all that eye candy!)

Comment

• BrerDan
                                  MiceChatter
                                  • Sep 2007

Thanks for the great report----it's nice to feel like you're there, even when you aren't. I've been to Gay Days Anaheim before and had lots of fun...but have never made it to Orlando's version. This year Anaheim is up in the air--simply because we're thinking of an October visit to WDW (my first visit back in about four years!).

Now I'll have to add on Islands of Adventure too--thanks for some terrific photos!

Comment

• Pirate Wench
                                    • Jan 2005

When do we get to read the last part? Did I miss it somewhere? I enjoy reading you GayDays trip report every year.

Comment

• Hayley B
                                      Delawarean Girl
                                      • Jun 2006

I SO miss your great Trip Reports, Fishbulb. How I miss WDW. I enjoyed seeing the Universal Studios pictures too.

That's good that you all hanged in there for MM. Sorry to hear what happened to him. That good that he is ok and made to the First Aid.

-Hayley B.
                                      Hayley B. - MiceChat's very own Delawarean. :bow:

Join MiceChat Gold.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                      Working...
                                      X