X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Incrediboy
    Future Disney Imagineer
    • Jan 2010

Re: Why the Imagineers can at any time beat WWohP, but at the same time can't

Originally posted by HKDLFAN View Post
    I just think that the Imagineers can beat the living daylights out of WWoHP ANYTIME. But the biggest obstacle to that is MONEY which Disney doesnt want to part with. Look at DisneySEA, essentially the same people designed that park who also probably designed DCA, and HKDL and the reason why DisneySEA stands out is because they had enough money to develop their ideas into reality.

A Star Wars land would draw many more people (its STAR WARS for gods sake, the biggest movie franchise on earth including merchandise) and much longer lines than the WWoHP in my opinion BUT Disney wont do that because they're so obsessed with the fact that everyone likes princesses and meet and greets. Instead of milking their princesses, Disney can use STAR WARS but its so sad that it doesnt.
    Never say never! There might be a Star Wars Land, or better, a Star Wars themepark, all in good time, like maybe 25 years from now!

Comment

• KingEric
      is in Antarctica
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      • Oct 2007

Originally posted by Incrediboy View Post
      Never say never! There might be a Star Wars Land, or better, a Star Wars themepark, all in good time, like maybe 25 years from now!
      Oh you want to know a "creative" bean counter conversation on this topic... Ok so the conversation goes...

Bean1: we see viability for another gate with XYZ theme potentially in XX years.

Bean2: well in XX years will XYZ be relevant?

Bean1: well with how XYZ has currently held up it stands to reason that in XX years it will be relevant.

Bean2: Well XYZ is only relevant because of common pop culture usage. Without a venue to generate lasting appeal in XX years it might not hold any relevance.

Bean1: Then if it doesn't hold relevance in XX years then there is no reason to pursue this property.

Bean2: But if we build the venue then it will be relevant.

Bean1: But it won't make fiscal sense until XX.

Bean2: But then by XX it won't be relevant.

Bean1: Then we shouldn't build it.

If i had a nickel for how many times i have heard this...
      Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

Comment

• Thrill
        New MiceChatter
        • Apr 2010

Originally posted by Fish_in_water View Post
        You know there is this thing called hope? maybe.. just maybe.. if anybody believed in disney anymore, they they might do something "disney standard"
        why would disney do ANYTHING if there are people who are just going to just criticize them for it, and say its crap.
        Supply and demand. They do something over the top, we give them more money. If they don't, we spend less money and continue to criticize them.

Comment

• Jerren
          Disneyholic
          • Aug 2006

Here's another scary thought I'm rather surprised no one brought up. Disney now owns Marvel, and one of the IOA islands is all Marvel Super Hero's and villains. What happens when the name use age contract expires between Universal and Marvel/Disney? :ap:
          Hi I'm Jerren and I'm a Disneyholic...

Comment

• Coastierox
            Mostly Harmless.
            • Apr 2005

Originally posted by Jerren View Post
            Here's another scary thought I'm rather surprised no one brought up. Disney now owns Marvel, and one of the IOA islands is all Marvel Super Hero's and villains. What happens when the name use age contract expires between Universal and Marvel/Disney? :ap:
            I bet Marvel Island goes away...
            He felt like his life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.
            follow us on Twitter! @MickeyMutineers
            DisregardListen to our podcast on iTunes!

Comment

• Dapper Dan
              Metro-Retro Historian
              • Feb 2010

Originally posted by Jerren View Post
              This has been discussed elsewhere. The general assumption is that Universal owns the rights to use Marvel characters at theme parks in perpetuity. Which means that the Marvel island will stick around as long as Universal wants to keep it. The only thing I really see disappearing at Islands of Adventure is the Marvel gift shop.
              It bothers me when people selectively edit quotes to support whatever point they are trying to prove.
              sigpic

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
              Working...
              X