This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Character questions

I will be applying for the spring of 2011 college program at WDW in Florida. I will be auditioning right after I apply. I'm 4'10" and not growing anymore, unfortunately brown hair and brown eyed, which I think rules out Alice, even though I have seen dark eyed ones. But not Wendy. I've been told I look very young, which is good for both characters, but I really would like some unbiased opinions so let me know what you all think!
    http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-..._4423854_n.jpg
    http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-..._8231124_n.jpg
    http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-..._4216406_n.jpg

Re: Character questions

well congrats on wanting to join the Disney team! While you are adorable like a bug, in the end it comes down to personality, so be super personable, and just be likable.

And who knows maybe you will end up in fur, since your height range is ideal... and you might like that more than doing face. There is a lot more immediate show potential for you if you do fur.
    Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

Comment

I'm thinking I've got personality, well enough I hope haha. I'm a gymnast, and a dancer as well

Comment

Oh girl it looks like you have a great smile. They LOVE that. Just make sure to smile. Even if you're cast a role as a dancer or even Mickey (Your mouse height), feel lucky. Because I know there are a billion girls in the Disneyland Face Character thread that would love any role in entertainment. Just seriously go in there and be yourself, and smile. You are in an okay place because your shorter, and thats amazing. They look for people your height, they usually only get girls that are 5'3-5'6. Any role in entertainment is okay. They run Disneyland, I can't see it much different in Disney World
        Nice work, Pal.

Comment

I'm going to go for whatever I'm offered if i get offered anything. and work my way up. Thank you!

Comment

Don't worry about the hair too much because the face characters wear wigs.

Comment

Oh I know, I'm more worried about the eye color. But I was just in Disney last week and met an Alice with eyes as brown as mine

Comment

put on a wig and blue contacts. PERFECTO! Good luck!!!
                Hidden Mickey - Tower of Terror

Hidden Mickey's here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup...7623565921220/
                Check out my Wal't Apartment tour here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup/sets/72157625183415995/

Comment

Originally posted by Shelby2010 View Post
                  Oh I know, I'm more worried about the eye color. But I was just in Disney last week and met an Alice with eyes as brown as mine
                  Two words...

Color Contacts

Comment

If the character auditions are anything like they were back in the late 80's, it'll go something like this:

They will group everyone up on the dance floor. A couple of staging assistants will teach the group a short movement combo; usually four counts of eight. Very simple, invariably involving a box step and possibly a hitch kick.

Then they'll have everyone line up at the far side of the floor and in pairs of two, you'll do the combo moving forward toward an entertainment supervisor. When you're done, the sup will direct you to group up to his or her right or left, separating those who did well and those who did not. I cannot tell you which side is the "good" one. But after observing a couple of people, it will become obvious.

Important note: Keep your chin high, smile BIG (as they say in the profession, show upper AND lower case,) and keep constant eye contact with the supervisor. DO NOT look at your feet and if you miss a step, keep going with an "I meant to do that" attitude.

You're a dancer, so this probably won't happen. But if you should happen to get directed to the group who did not do well DON'T PANIC; These people will be allowed to try again.

If you make it past that first combo, you've pretty much got the job. After that there will be several other auditions in which they try to determine where you'd be best suited.

As another poster stated, you're mouse height. And you're a dancer, so you're gold as far as they're concerned.

If you get a job in fur as a mouse height person, you'll have MANY opportunities to make a great deal of extra money. In the Zoo Crew "downstairs", there is a "Specials" book where you can sign up for extra work which might mean special events or even travel!

If you're not afraid of heights or pyrotechnics, let them know this when they do the paper work part of the process. I don't want to break the "magic" (any further) by being specific. But if you can fly or shoot fire from your hands, you get hazard pay.

Break a leg!
                    "The greatest expression of rebellion is joy." - Joss Whedon

Comment

Haha, I'm all over the color contacts thing made an eye appointment yesterday. I won't be auditioning until october or november.

@robotwolf thanks for the info. From what I have read up on it sounds like they havent changed too much. A friend of mine moved down to orlando to go to ucf and has been auditioning and from the way she described it, it sounds about the same. and hazard pay shoot, I would kill to be the tinkerbell that flies out of the castle on the zipline. I live for the hazard pay jobs it seems like.

Comment

@RobotWolf it hasn't changed much. That is pretty much the process.

@Shelby2010 Tink can only weigh 110 with gear, and it is an equity role so it is a much different audition practice. Equity = Real Money in Entertainment.

If you get into the Ent. Dept. you will see that it is a class system, a fun one, but a class systems all the same lol.

Comment

Haha, I'm all over the color contacts thing made an eye appointment yesterday. I won't be auditioning until october or november.
                          You can get them in non-prescription, but yeah an eye doctor needs to measure the shape of your eyes & all that so you can order the right ones. I actually wear Rx contacts, but I want some freaky white ones for Halloween this year, so I'm going to go to the eye Dr this fall to make sure my Rx hasn't changed and go from there.

Comment

I only weigh 93, if that gear wouldnt make me weigh over, id be ALL over it. I'm just excited to apply in september. If i get picked for anything I'll be super grateful knowing not many people would be as lucky but I would still just LOVE to be a face character.

Comment

I'd hire you as the person smiling for me. :botox:

As you said, whether you'd be a face character, a fur character or a dancer, being part of the Disney crew looks like a fun experience, hard work and all. I wish you all the luck and I'm sure they won't ignore you with that smile.

Comment

I only weigh 93, if that gear wouldnt make me weigh over, id be ALL over it. I'm just excited to apply in september. If i get picked for anything I'll be super grateful knowing not many people would be as lucky but I would still just LOVE to be a face character.
                                Well I think that is the right weight... I would have to check with a few friends. Again it is an equity role, and you need tumbling training etc. And I honestly don't know when the last tink equity contract was not renewed. Last I heard there were 3 people with Tink equity contracts 2 were girls and 1 was a guy. All in all if you wait long enough a position will open up, and you can soar over the hub as tinkerbell.

Anyways you will be brilliant i have no doubt of it. Just get into entertainment, and begin to look at equity roles that you could fill.

Comment

Girl you go for it!

AKK

Comment

hahaha thank you! I have never gotten so many compliments on my teeth guess those 3 years of braces really did pay off.

Comment

Originally posted by KingEric View Post
                                      Again it is an equity role, and you need tumbling training etc.

I've been a gymnast since I was five, I even coach now haha how exciting!

Comment

I've been a gymnast since I was five, I even coach now haha how exciting!
                                        Then Girl you need not to worry about fur or face you need to get an equity contract!

Comment

Working...
                                        X