This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Character questions

I doubt they would let a college program student do it, but if i get it and like it i may extend and work through the summer too.

Comment

Originally posted by Shelby2010 View Post
      I doubt they would let a college program student do it, but if i get it and like it i may extend and work through the summer too.
      Well get a regular character role for your CP then go to equity auditions. If you get a fulltime contract you would have to move out of Vista Way/Chatham/Commons but you would be making real money and have a real entertainment contract with disney.
      Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

Comment

Yeah, if I extend I'm technically not in the program anymore, it just makes me a regular CM.

Comment

Yeah, if I extend I'm technically not in the program anymore, it just makes me a regular CM.
          Even in the CP, it makes you more of shoe-in with someone without CP experience. The CP is the best way to go if you want to try and get in to entertainment and move up. I'm doing it in Entertainment after my college years. I've already done it before, so I know what to expect next time, but it sure helped me network and figure out what I need to do next time I apply. After I finish college, of course haha
          Nice work, Pal.

Comment

Thats what I've heard, they like the people who started out there and work to work their way up

Comment

Shelby,

At this point in the thread, I'm thoroughly convinced that you'll join the entertainment department. So I wanted to offer one more bit of advice:

Treat your wardrobe CMs well. Don't get me wrong, from your posts you seem like a very nice person and would do this anyway. But I'm suggesting that you make an extra effort to give them the kindness and respect that they so richly deserve yet receive disproportionately.

Trust me: They do share thoughts on their Ent. CMs. And if you get known as (random example) "that sweet girl who always offers to pick me up a soda when she pops down to the cafeteria," you'll see that kindness returned a thousandfold. Much like life itself, you get what you give. And you definitely want wardrobe on your side.
              "The greatest expression of rebellion is joy." - Joss Whedon

Comment

Originally posted by RobotWolf View Post
                Shelby,

At this point in the thread, I'm thoroughly convinced that you'll join the entertainment department. So I wanted to offer one more bit of advice:

Treat your wardrobe CMs well. Don't get me wrong, from your posts you seem like a very nice person and would do this anyway. But I'm suggesting that you make an extra effort to give them the kindness and respect that they so richly deserve yet receive disproportionately.

Trust me: They do share thoughts on their Ent. CMs. And if you get known as (random example) "that sweet girl who always offers to pick me up a soda when she pops down to the cafeteria," you'll see that kindness returned a thousandfold. Much like life itself, you get what you give. And you definitely want wardrobe on your side.
                1000% correct.
                Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

Comment

Thanks for all the advice you all!

Comment

I apply in 2 weeks!

Comment

I apply in 2 weeks!
                      Hey, I don't know if the application is any different for those applying for entertainment, but the main applications are already up for Spring 2011. I just applied yesterday! Just thought I'd let you know.

Comment

Yeah right after I posted that I got the email saying they were, They opened them up 13 days early. I have my phone interview tomorrow at 3. I'll be auditioning in october!

Comment

At least you can get your interview done soon! I have to call tomorrow to set mine up because I was having problems with the application / web interview working. The application wouldn't load, and then when I got home from work Friday to do my web interview they were doing maintenance on it. Once I finished that on Saturday, I called the number to set up the interview, but they're apparently not open on the weekends .

Good luck with your interview tomorrow though and break a leg at your audition in October!

Comment

Jasmine, Snow White or Belle based on looking at your pics. I don't know if they care about your height. Best of luck!

Comment

They actually care about height a lot. I am mouse height, and Alice and wendy. I'm way too small to be a princess unfortunatly. and @zestylemon_13 yeah I set mine up on a friday afternoon. It went very well and was surprisingly low key. Theyre super friendly and let you talk as much as you want. Remember to smile when you are on the phone!

Comment

Understood--well best of luck and break a leg!!

Comment

Working...
                                X