X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Your Top Attractions at Each Park

Originally posted by minidibs View Post
    I think you'll find, the great movie ride is my favourite attraction within all the disney parks, you may not be able to appreciate the properties of classic films, and think it's somewhat outdated, but i personally enjoy old films, such as alien and public enemies (staring james cagney),
    i fail to see how its dated in any way, its just you cant appreciate art, these movies are all fantastic, and recreating the sets is awesome, ive been on it at least 30 times, and i still love it.
    Hmm, I'll have to disagree with you just a teensy bit, I do appreciate art. And I love fantastic movies, and I love seeing classics over and over. This attraction just doesn't make that connection for me. I would rather just *see the film*. To each his own! Glad you enjoy it

Originally posted by Yackerz View Post
    Carousel of Progress looks to be a pretty neat reflection on the past. I'm suprised more people didn't vote for it !
    Carousel of Progress was created by Walt Disney for the World's fair back in 1960 something. So it's a pretty cool look at 1900, 1920, 1940, and... well, something they redid a few years ago to try to make it current. My family actually really enjoys this attraction. It's nice and long and comfy and airconditioned, and very nostalgic. Great on a crowded afternoon!

I've never tried the American Idol Experience, because I'm so sick of the show, I can hardly stand it (used to love it, too)

Comment

Originally posted by lily23 View Post
      Hmm, I'll have to disagree with you just a teensy bit, I do appreciate art. And I love fantastic movies, and I love seeing classics over and over. This attraction just doesn't make that connection for me. I would rather just *see the film*. To each his own! Glad you enjoy it
      i dont mean to sound rude! thats the last thing i meant, sorry if i came across like that!, now i read my comment over it does seem abit moany!

Comment

No worries, friend!:wave:

Comment

Magic Kingdom
          1. Space Mountain(ran absolutely amazing last month)
          2. Pirates of the Caribbean(who cares if WDW has the bad version. I still love it)
          3. Carousel of Progress(always loved it. Always will)
          4. Splash Mountain(Nothing to say about this one. Just simply amazing)
          5. Haunted Mansion(WDW still continues to have the best version)
          Least Favorite: Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor(we shall miss you Timekeeper)

EPCOT
          1. Spaceship Earth(We shall miss you, Jeremy Irons)
          2. Test Track(Fun ride)
          3. Captain EO(Didnt think I'd like it but I loved it)
          4. Living with the Land(Really good ride even though it's all automated now)
          5. Maelstrom(A fun ride though it's not that thrilling)
          Least favorite: Soarin(Totally overrated and it replaced my beloved Food Rocks)

MGM
          1. Muppetvision 3D(I could ride this all day)
          2. Tower of Terror(Fun and scary ride)
          3. Toy Story Midway Mania(Extremely fun ride. Much better than Buzz)
          4. Rockin' Rollercoaster(Once again. An extremely fun ride)
          5. Great Movie Ride(Really good ride though it's not as 'great' as it used to be)
          Least Favorite: Lights, Motors, Action!(Paris can have it back)

Animal Kingdom
          1. Everest(Really good ride. All we nee now is a yeti...)
          2. Kali River Rapids(One of my favorites even if I did get rained out last time i rode)
          3. Dinosaur(Closest I'm gonna get to Indy without going back to Cali)
          4. It's Tough to be a Bug(probably one of the more intense 3D shows in WDW)
          5. Kilimanjaro Safari(Ok ride. Not my favorite and isnt as good as it used to be)
          Least Favorite: Everything else(except for Primevil Whirl. Im one of the few fans of that ride)

Comment

Thank you adventurebluedude You had some good opinions! So many people would love soarin' and argue it to the death. I am with you on that one. I liked it but didn't love it. Also, congrats on your first post!
            Hoping to raise enough money to go to DL from Pennsylvania with my wife for our 5 year anniversary. (We went there on our honeymoon!)

If you would like to contribute to the cause for a relatively poor private school teacher. Please private message me. I'd be very thankful.

Comment

Originally posted by NeverNeverland View Post
              I LOVE Maelstrom because it is so stinking random. Every scene is so totally different, plus there is that backwards part and trolls!! Riding it when you are tipsy is awesome. But be sure you get a fastpass, that line can get long and the queue is just a room with a wall seperating you from loading.
              Originally posted by TightropeGirlLover View Post
              Just to chime in about Maelstrom, I can see how other people would think it's lame, but to my girlfriend and I it's sort of become this cult classic. The main reason why we love it is its sheer "What-the-f***ery." You go from traditional vikings and trolls to polar bears and then down to a whole bunch of oil rigs. The narrative of it seems completely threadbare and you really have no idea of what's happening (What happens to our Norwegian narrator who suddenly just disappears halfway through the ride? I demand you explain how we go from Troll country to oil rig seas!) that it winds up being hilarious in itself.

I think the best analogy I can come up with it it's as if you're traveling through the spirit of Norway in the Twilight Zone - it doesn't really make sense, it seems very surreal, and it's very jarring. So much so to the point that the two of us just love it for its sheer hilarity.
              Originally posted by nicoleloveswalt View Post
              This is why I love it. The ride is silly and fun.

But definitely stay and watch the film after you disembark, it's a lovely picture of Norway that is slightly more educational than the ride.
              Originally posted by lily23 View Post

Alright guys, you are really inspiring me to try this ride again with a new perspective! I will definitely go right after my (must-have) frozen margarita, and I will be on the look-out for "sheer what-the-f***ery":lol:

You have created a very enjoyable thread here, Yackerz!
              OK: Margarita?

Check. Good buzz going for Maelstrom?

Check. Sheer What the F***ery?

Yeah baby!!!:lol:

Comment

Favorite Attractions at Magic Kingdom
                1. Pirates of the Caribbean
                2. Haunted Mansion
                3. Splash Mountain
                4. Space Mountain
                5. Big Thunder Mountain Railroad

Least Favorite: Tomorrowland Speedway

Favorite Attractions at Epcot
                1. Spaceship Earth
                2. The American Adventure
                3. Ellen's Energy Adventure
                4. The Seas
                5. Mission: SPACE

Least Favorite: Test Track Corporate Showroom

Favorite Attractions at Disney Hollywood Studios
                1. The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror
                2. Star Tours
                3. The Great Movie Ride
                4. Toy Story Midway Mania!
                5. Rock 'n' Rollercoaster Starring Aerosmith

Least Favorite: Playhouse Disney - Live On Stage!

Favorite Attractions at Animal Kingdom
                1. Kilimanjaro Safaris
                2. Maharajah Jungle Trek
                3. Pangani Forest Exploration Trail
                4. Expedition Everest - Legend of the Forbidden Mountain
                5. DINOSAUR

Least Favorite: TriceraTop Spin

Comment

Working...
                X