This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hopper or Sipper pass?

I personally prefer not to hop. But I know many here like to park hop. I think you spend too much time commuting between parks. I plan my vacations looking at the schedules and making ADR for the day I plan to be at that 1 park, and just spend the whole day there.

You can make as many dining reservations for each day you want. Like Day 1, make a dining reservation for both DHS and AK and MK, and when the park hours are available, just cancel the ones you don't need. I do this all the time. I will make dining ressies, and then check repeatedly to get the better ones or the better times f I didn't have it already. Just make sure to cancel the ressies you don't need so that someone else can grab them. But I am very scheduled.

I also travel with yound kids, so park hopping becomes a bit hectic. Its easier for me to stay at 1 park for the day. It also saves me $$ which I rather use towards souveniers for the kids or a good meal.
    Fratsor Sister - Delta Mu Chi Alpha

ΔΜΧΑ

Comment

Originally posted by Yackerz View Post
      Good opinion. My only concern is the time it takes to hop from one park to another. I know I can prob get from one disney park to another in about 40 minutes tops since I know all the shortcuts. (see my thread on transportation optimization). However, you hop about 4 times and that kills like 4 hours out of your trip.

You would advise leaving MK midway through the day because of it being crowded and going to a less crowded park like AK? / DHS? Would you then advise returning back to MK at night?
      I know they tell you to allow an hour for park hopping, but really, with your own car, it takes 15-30 minutes max for us to get to another park.

My suggestion? Use the 1st few days as a non-park hopper, then the last day upgrade it and knock out DHS/AK on the same day, that way it won't be $100 more since you are only upgrading one day and you get to do everything you wanted.

Comment

Can you upgrade though at a cheap price?

Won't he have to pay the price of the full duration ticket to upgrade? I don't think you can fractionally upgrade a ticket.. even on the residual part.

My problem with no park hopping is mainly centered around the early closing times of the other parks. If all the parks were open to 10pm or so I think I would feel differently.

Just having the option to finish the night at MK is worth the $ IMHO.
        Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
        Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Originally posted by sleepyjeff
        Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

Comment

Summer- that won't happen. If you upgrade your ticket, it has to be for the full duration of the ticket. Meaning, if you have a 4 day pass and used 3 days, if you upgrade on the last day you have to pay for upgrading all 4 days. Not just one day.
          Fratsor Sister - Delta Mu Chi Alpha

ΔΜΧΑ

Comment

Originally posted by flynnibus View Post
            Can you upgrade though at a cheap price?

Won't he have to pay the price of the full duration ticket to upgrade? I don't think you can fractionally upgrade a ticket.. even on the residual part.

My problem with no park hopping is mainly centered around the early closing times of the other parks. If all the parks were open to 10pm or so I think I would feel differently.

Just having the option to finish the night at MK is worth the $ IMHO.
            Your helping to sort my mind out with this issue. Ya fractionally upgrading a park hopper would be nice, but I'm pretty sure you have to pay the full park hopper price regardless approx. $110 (which is a rip off!)
            I could just pick the parks that have EMH that evening currently if I do a 4 day trip Monday - Thursday

At Animal Kingdom EMH at night are Monday taking the park closing till 11:00
            At Epcot EMH are Tuesday taking the park closing till 12:00
            Wednesday I could just go to MK till it closes at 11:00
            Thursday at DHS, I was planning to stay till only dinner time at the latest. (this day I'll be traveling to my wife's sisters in Ocala, FL after the day at Disney).
            Of course, I could scramble this schedule completely up by park hopping.

Also, of the EMH night hours are changed to different days I could rearrange my days at the parks to match the EMH. The only thing that is shot though is reserved dining locations.
            Hoping to raise enough money to go to DL from Pennsylvania with my wife for our 5 year anniversary. (We went there on our honeymoon!)

If you would like to contribute to the cause for a relatively poor private school teacher. Please private message me. I'd be very thankful.

Comment

Good thoughts..

the EMH could save you there.. DAK till 11pm? Is that really correct? I thought EMH only took it till like 9pm. That place will be deserted! It normally is by the end of a normal day.

If the $$ keeps coming up as an issue.. and this is your first trip. My feedback to you would be simply 'slow it down' and enjoy the sights. It's impossible to see all that WDW has to offer in even a 7 day trip... so don't worry about seeing everything and just make sure you enjoy the time you do have.

Since you do seem to be price conscious.. I would just accept that and enjoy the time you do have. Don't park hop (which reduces need for a car), and just soak in each park and take your time.

I think that is going to dictate your trip.. are you going to try to go commando and see as much as possible... or are you going to sit back, relax, and enjoy the finer details?

If you can settle that question in your mind... just commit to the path.

You started this thread with trying to fit the most in... if that's truely the path you want to take.. then say screw it to the smaller details (like a little more cash) and go for it But that certainly is a different style of visiting the parks. You will see the marque attractions, but you will miss all the details.

There is no harm in 'not seeing all the parks' - that just leaves more for next time

Me personally... I like having flexibility, so I pay for the hopping privileged. Plus, I really enjoy the MK at night. I'd be bummed if I went to DAK in the morning, did the whole day, and then had to just hang out at the hotel at night because I got bored at DAK by 8pm.

If I only had two days and didn't want to pay for park hopping.. I'd probably do MK and EPCOT. Mainly because both those parks can easily fill up a full day... they have more attractions (if you are the type that are opposed to trying to see all the shows) and they simply have most of the classic Disney experiences.

I'd sacrifice DHS and DAK and the water parks to a future trip. It's that, or pay for hopping and go commando and try to see the attractions you want while missing the details.

It's a hard call.. I mean on our last trip we hit DHS on three different days! The kids liked that park so much.. but it was low impact for us because we'd go, do what we want, then left.
              Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
              Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Originally posted by sleepyjeff
              Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

Comment

Really? I thought they just upgraded the difference based on the time you had left on a ticket. Huh. Learn something new everyday.

Comment

Good thoughts nib Yes, you are seeing the dilemma in my mind. Part of me wants to see it all (or at least all of what I want), part of me wants to just relax. That is the dilemma. If I can take a road in the middle that would probably be best. See all the attractions I want and some others and some twice.

I'm going to leave the 2 full days to Epcot and MK since those are the biggest parks. Preferably put Epcot on the day it has EMH to extend the day if I need it.

If I get bored at a park and still have energy, I could always visit some of the resorts / downtown Disney / the Boardwalk Area / upgrade for a hopper I guess!

Also, I didn't mention recently that the first day when we are going to the parks we'll be arriving at around 3:00 to 4:00 due to the nature of getting a flight in the morning and checking in at our hotel.
                  EMH at a park would be nice that night or just going to MK since it closes at 11:00 (then I'd probably want a hopper to go back to MK some other time)

Checkout Animal Kingdom's EMH:
                  Parks Hours | Calendars | Walt Disney World Resort

First week in August, the EMH only go till 10 though. Today they are open till 11:00.
                  Hoping to raise enough money to go to DL from Pennsylvania with my wife for our 5 year anniversary. (We went there on our honeymoon!)

If you would like to contribute to the cause for a relatively poor private school teacher. Please private message me. I'd be very thankful.

Comment

not sure of the heat. I'm thinking if I don't sip I'll die of exhaustion in 4 days.
                    2 days at MK and Epcot alone will prob be super tiring let alone a night at AK and half a day at DHS. Of course in my most recent trip, I did do a full day at king's island, a day a night at cedar point, and a full day at Cedar point. We were definitely tired after that.

Since I'll only be at the park 2 full days and 2 partial days to spend $100 (for 2 people) to hop around once or twice doesn't seem justifiable to me. especially when there is a possibility that I won't feel the need to hop at all because I'll be dead tired lol.
                    Last edited by Yackerz; 07-26-2010, 11:32 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X