Announcement

Collapse
See more
See less

My First Attempt At A Trip Report (7/14-7/18)

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trip Report My First Attempt At A Trip Report (7/14-7/18)

I apologize for the length, but I tried to cover everything.

We arrived at the Magic Kingdom around 8:45 to see the opening celebration. We then followed a large crowd to Space Mountain to get a fast pass.
    We then went to pick up a fast pass for Splash Mountain. The line was already over 60 minutes at the time.
    It was finally lunch time. I went with my traditional baked potato in Liberty Square.
    We then waited about 25 minutes for the Haunted Mansion, only to get turned down at the door due to technical difficulties. I have never seen this ride down in my many visits to the park. This was of course during the hottest part of the day, so it was pretty steamy in the queue.

We arrived at Hollywood Studios about 10 minutes before rope drop. There were about 5 times the amount of people that were there around that time during my visit in February of 2009. We went along with over half of those people directly to Toy Story Midway Mania. By the time we got our fast passes, the line for the ride was already out the door and they were claiming that it was 45 minutes.
    We then stopped for a snack. I really am not a huge fan of the food selection at this park. It is by far the weakest of the four. I went with a pretzel that I had to wait 10 minutes for. I remember those days quite well as a former pretzel wagon operator.

• Indiana
    We then decided to hop on over to Epcot and were surprised to see how less crowded the park was. Once again, we lucked out by having someone hand us fast passes for Test Track.

We arrived around 8:30 and decided to go to Universal Studios first. They actually let everyone in about 20 minutes early and allowed people to do either Shrek or Jimmy Neutron. After about 5 minutes, we could go anywhere.
    We then decided to hop on over to Islands Of Adventure. The park was the most crowded that I had ever seen it in my 15+ visits to the park.

• Jurassic Park River

We stopped and got some nachos at the Mexican quick service cart. At this point the world showcase was nearly empty and the sun was beating down hard.
    I then decided to try some of the spicy tuna sushi at the Yakitori House and it was fantastic. It was very fresh tasting and a good snack that held me over for the rest of the afternoon.
    • Mission

• Kali River

Re: My First Attempt At A Trip Report (7/14-7/18)

Great trip report! I'll be sure to get FP for Splash and Expedition as a top priorty. Could you let me know how long it took you to get between the parks and by what means you got between the parks? Since you had a car, I figure drove?

Maybe DHS has been extra packed due to the release of Toy Story 3 and the popularity of that attraction alone. The rest of the park really doesn't warrant it.
    Hoping to raise enough money to go to DL from Pennsylvania with my wife for our 5 year anniversary. (We went there on our honeymoon!)

If you would like to contribute to the cause for a relatively poor private school teacher. Please private message me. I'd be very thankful.

Comment

For being your first trip report, you did a great job! Thanks for sharing your experiences and points of view.

Comment

Thanks!

We rented a car since we didn't stay on property. When I visit Hollywood Studios, I typically tend to hop to Epcot due to it's proximity. It is only about a 5 minute drive, if that. When we took the monorail to Epcot, that's about a 10-15 minute ride, plus it takes a few minutes for the monorail to arrive. If you choose to do this, make sure you build in quite a bit of time if you want to make it by rope drop. The rest of my group was pretty tired by this point, so unfortunately we didn't make it in time.

Comment

ya seems like you had quite the busy few days! I don't know if I even have that much stamina. Well my wife sure doesn't lol! Anyhow, I'm at a toss up whether to drive to the parks or use the Disney transportation as I'll be staying on property. Driving we'll prob be quicker in most instances depending on where I stay. However, I don't know! What is the parking lot situation at DHS and Epcot? Are the lots pretty full or are there lots of spaces open because everyone relies on the Disney transportation?
          Hoping to raise enough money to go to DL from Pennsylvania with my wife for our 5 year anniversary. (We went there on our honeymoon!)

If you would like to contribute to the cause for a relatively poor private school teacher. Please private message me. I'd be very thankful.

Comment

Well you have succeeded in making me even more excited for our trip in October,lol.
            There's Always Room For a 1000.....Hurry Back

Comment

I am really impressed with your detail! It was like being there again. We are going 9/4-12. What is Sum of All Thrills and where is it? I was there last October, but I don't remember it.
              You did a great job! It was very enjoyable to read all the way through!
              Thanks!!

Comment

The Sum Of All Thrills is a new attraction that they added in Innoventions. I think it was added earlier this year. It uses the KUKA robot arm that was also used in Harry Potter And The Forbidden Journey. I'm not sure if you ever have done Cyber Space Mountain at Disney Quest, but it is very similar to that. You build your own ride and then get to ride it. The movement on the robot arm is phenomenal and it is a great addition to Innoventions.

Comment

Working...
                X