Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Places to see the Fireworks at MK?

This is discussed in so much depth on the DL forum, but I hardly see it mentioned here. Where should you get a spot to see the fireworks? When should you get it?

I noticed through AAA, if you get a vacation package. They give you "special reserved seating at the Plaza Landing near the Plaza Restaurant on Main street.
    Is this any good?
    Hoping to raise enough money to go to DL from Pennsylvania with my wife for our 5 year anniversary. (We went there on our honeymoon!)

If you would like to contribute to the cause for a relatively poor private school teacher. Please private message me. I'd be very thankful.

Re: Places to see the Fireworks at MK?

Ok there is going to be A LOT of disagreement. I PERSONALLY feel the BEST place to view fireworks at MK is in the hub next to the Dumbo Statue. Get there about an hour early, if MSEP is going that evening you will need to be there for both. You get this wonderful feeling of being surrounded by the fireworks, and the music. There are a number of effects that aren't visible from this location... yes I know that... but the over all emotional impact is worth the few shells you miss.
    Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

Comment

Haha.. ya a few shells aren't no big deal I agree with you there, but I don't know

How often do they show the MSEP and what about the Spectromagic Parade? Which one is better? I never was a fan of the parades, but they both look pretty cool.
      Hoping to raise enough money to go to DL from Pennsylvania with my wife for our 5 year anniversary. (We went there on our honeymoon!)

If you would like to contribute to the cause for a relatively poor private school teacher. Please private message me. I'd be very thankful.

Comment

I personally would not like seeing the show from the AAA area, simply because you are "sunk in" almost at water level. I don't like that.
        My prefered spot is at the hub, 4 o'clock position in reference of Partners statue. That way you have an excellent 360 degree view when they do perimeter fireworks.

Comment

We love to sit in the back of the castle next to Dumbo. Its the perfect time to get some icecream from Mrs Potts, grab a seat and watch. The fireworks are going off all around you and you don't have the crowding of main street.
          Fratsor Sister - Delta Mu Chi Alpha

ΔΜΧΑ

Comment

ok AAA spot sucks. Got some good suggestions by you guys. Hmm... I should alot then at least 30 minutes to get a decent spot to see the fireworks?

Comment

AAA doesn't offer that seating area anymore, anyway. They offer a "preffered parade viewing" instead.

My favorite place to watch them is right behind the hub, just before the ground starts sloping down. You can catch all the effects there pretty well. It's also fun to watch the fireworks from within Fantasyland. You miss quite a few effects, but it's cool to see pyro coming from both in front of and behind you.
              Walt Disney World - August 2010!

Comment

I watched Wishes in August from inside Fantasyland, by Dumbo. It was cool to see the fireworks lighting up the sky over the flying elephants.
                -Hale (wumbology)

a.k.a. h2mc, omnimover.mousetalgia, omnimover, wumbology, hogbackmtn, hhmcsharry, Hale M., h2m, h2mc

(I've never visited Disneyland Resort, Tokyo Disney Resort, Disneyland Resort Paris, nor Hong Kong Disneyland Resort, so don't be fooled when I pretend to know what I'm talking about. [But I'm pretty good with the information, if I do say so myself. And you can hit me all you want with Walt Disney World.])

Comment

I like the wishes dessert party myself. The $40 is well worth not having to wait, along with a chair and the snacks.

Comment

Where is the wishes dessert party at? What does the $40 include?

Comment

Originally posted by Yackerz View Post
                      Where is the wishes dessert party at? What does the $40 include?
                      It's in the terrace at the TL entrance.. the food is desert snacks.

Don't line up like you do at DL up near the 'top' of the hub. You're too close to see the shells which are much bigger and higher at MK then DL.

You want to be on the 'lower' (towards MS) side of the hub. The bridge to TL is not a bad spot and anything from there back towards MS is good.

30mins or so is good enough to get a decent standing spot somewhere. If you want 'your' spot.. plan on getting there much earlier.

Comment

Atop the Contemporary Resort. I also like watching from Big Thunder Mountain Railroad and Splash Mountain. With how far back the shells are launched, I do not mind missing the alignment with Cinderella Castle for a good bit of space, so I usually watch from Frontierland.

Comment

My vote is for the 4 o clock hub position.
                          Marquis d'Bod of the RCMC... always and forever

Comment

OK, this is what we do, and I swear by it: (just did it Saturday night, as a matter of fact)

Go to frontierland about forty-five minutes to parade time and grab a spot for the parade (spectro? main street electrical? Depends on when you are coming, not sure how long we will have MSE. MSE is my personal favorite but they're both cool, and I am NOT a parade person but these are worth the time). Why Frontierland? Because Mainstreet is pack-jammed (as my father in law would say) much earlier. Frontierland fills up last, and it's the same parade whether you see it after waiting an hour and a half on main street or forty five minutes in Frontierland)

Normally, in Frontierland, the parade is over about twenty minutes before the fireworks. Mozy on over to the hub. From Frontierland, you enter the hub at about the 9 oclock position, we like to head a bit south from there, say about eight o clock. Plenty of space is available at this time. Try to position yourself so you have a clear view of sky between the castle (on the right) and trees (on the left). This is where most of the fireworks are (to the left of the castle, that is), and you can see them all from there, including the ones that surround, and you can see Tinkerbell flying from the castle to mainstreet on your right.

I have never tried 4 oclock, and I can't say that I'm inclined to, I think my spot is perfect! (in my humble opinion)

I'd like to add here that if you're only going to see the fireworks once, it is definitely worth it to see them from the hub, complete with the narration, and all the cool stuff they do to the castle that is not viewable anywhere else. (I swear, I thought they set fire to the thing the other night!) Personally, I don't see any need to get there crazy-early, particularly if it's just you and your wife. There is enough space, people come into the hub and find a spot right up until show time. (Avoid Right In Front of the castle, then the castle blocks half the fireworks)

One more bit of advice. After the fireworks, let everybody clear out, especially if the park hasn't closed yet. It is the Great Stroller Derby to the exit right after the fireworks. The line for the monorail and the trams are huge. Best to let people clear out. The other night, we made our way to Tomorrowland, rode Buzz Lightyear, then left. Perfect!

One more bit of advice: The Resort Monorail stops at the Ticket and Transportation Center! (way, way, way shorter line!)
                            Last edited by lily23; 07-26-2010, 06:51 PM.

Comment

Thanks!

Ya, I heard that last bit of advice somewhere haha. Does the TTC take you to the WL? I heard from the TTC you can't get to any of the resorts not on the monorail line.

How much time till park closes after the fireworks? Is there anyway to get that spot in Frontierland without watching the MSEP? seems like a good spot, but just in case we are running behind on attractions / fill like riding splash for the 4th time haha, I don't know if we'll have time to watch the parade.

Comment

Originally posted by Yackerz View Post
                                Thanks!

Ya, I heard that last bit of advice somewhere haha. Does the TTC take you to the WL? I heard from the TTC you can't get to any of the resorts not on the monorail line.

How much time till park closes after the fireworks? Is there anyway to get that spot in Frontierland without watching the MSEP? seems like a good spot, but just in case we are running behind on attractions / fill like riding splash for the 4th time haha, I don't know if we'll have time to watch the parade.
                                You're staying at the Wilderness Lodge? Excellent choice, by far the most beautiful place to stay. I don't know if you can get to the WL from the TTC. I'm sure you know about the boat from the WL to the MK. So much fun! But, if you leave right after fireworks, or right at closing, there will be a Looong wait for the boat back.

As far as when do they close, that depends on the day. You can check the calender on the WDW website for the date you will be there. Calendar | Magic Kingdom Theme Park | Walt Disney World Resort
                                Right now, they have a parade at 9pm, fireworks at 10pm, and closing at 11pm with an additional 11pm parade performance. But that will change at some point, and sometimes the fireworks will be at closing time. If that is the case then you are just stuck with thousands of other people trying to get out of the park. Figure an hour to get where you're going.

Regarding skipping the parade and catching the fireworks: One good thing about missing the parade is wait times will be shorter for rides. I would head over to the hub around a quarter to ten (or a quarter to whatever time the fireworks are). My favorite viewing spot is not in frontierland, but is in the hub: between the Walt and Mickey statue and the entrance to frontierland, perhaps a bit south of there. Again, try to get a view of clear sky to the left of the castle infront of you.

Comment

Ok the hub to frontierland. I read that the first time just didn't type it. Another concern is just getting to that spot at that time. I remember during DL fireworks that it was crazy to get anywhere 30 minutes before the fireworks. The main hub was packed of people.

Ya the boat from MK to WL would probably be packed at closing! However, they do have a boat from the contemporary to WL as well that runs till 11:30 PM that may be less packed. I guess I could take the bus route again from the park to WL. For some reason I thought buses didn't go from MK back to WL on the return trip. I am probably mistaken here though.

Comment

I'm sure the bus goes back too. The point is, ALL transportation services will have long lines at closing. I would just take the boat. It goes directly to your hotel. I think doing anything else will just add to your total travel time. I had one bad experience taking the bus back, where they stopped at multiple hotels before they got to my hotel. Took forever. I don't know for sure that that would happen, but the boat I know for sure just goes straight to the hotel. Again, everything has lines at closing. Really no way to cheat the system here, other than taking the resort monorail to the TTC but that doesn't help the WL.

I personally don't think it's too bad to get to/around the hub before fireworks. I believe the hub here is a physically bigger space than the one at Disneyland. Particularly if you're not pushing a stroller, you really shouldn't have a problem. Even if you are pushing a stroller, you can manage. I always do. I always arrive about ten minutes before the fireworks, and I never fail to get a place in my favorite spot. Yes, it's filled with people, but it's not impossible to get around. After the fireworks, though, it is EXTREMELY difficult at the hub. All the people who slowly trickled in before the fireworks head for the exit at once. Can't be helped, though!

Comment

From the MK at night when crowded I'd take the bus to WL.

The bus stopping at multiple places is for the AllStars (maybe some of the mods.. but I don't think so).

They can add more buses for capacity.. they can't really add too many more boats

Comment

Thanks nib Wasn't sure the best option on that. I read there were 2 boats one that goes from WL to MK and back, a red flag. One that goes between FW, the contemporary and WL, a blue flag. Also, I heard the blue flag is actually quicker to MK or it can be as it goes directly to the contemporary where you can just then walk to the MK than the red flag one, but maybe I misread that.

It probably is whatever one picks you up the fastest is the quickest.

Comment

Working...
                                        X