This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Christmas Trip to WDW

Hey everyone, I'm planning a trip to WDW with my boyfriend in December. I'm just wondering when the best time to go is? My University classes end on the 10 of December, so when is the best time to go after that? We're looking to go for a week or so and I want to make sure we're there during the least crowded week we can manage. So I'm open to any and all opinions!
    Hit me with your best shot! :thumbup:
    Oh! And what are the recommended hotels for the Disney World area? I've only been to Orlando once, and though my family stayed in a great hotel, I can't remember what it was called. It was 8 years ago, can you blame me? lol :lol: Anyone have any opinions on the Tuscana?
    Last edited by Smoozie; 07-22-2010, 10:18 AM.
    Peace, Love, and Mickey Mouse! :ap:

Re: Christmas Trip to WDW

Plan on being there either the 1st or 2nd week in december. After the 3rd week and closer to the end of the months, the crowds swell badly. The closer to xmas day, the more crowded the parks will be.
    Last edited by TDLFAN; 07-22-2010, 11:18 AM.

Comment

Seconding what TDL Fan said, make sure to end your trip a few days to a week before Christmas. Once Christmas crowds arrive, the park is the busiest it is all year, and remains so through New Years. Pretty much every day they have to close parks to further guests due to overcrowding. After New Years, the crowds almost vanish until President's Day in February.
      "A paradise for children--and for grownups, too. I don't know when I've had so much fun."-Richard Nixon on Disneyland

Newest Post- Epcot 30x30: Club Cool

Comment

Smoozie, since you are still in school until the 10th.....If you check in between the 10th and the 21st of December, you can get the Free dining if you are staying at a WDW hotel. Better hurry before they book up and there is no availability. But, I would get out of there no later than the 21st. The holiday crowds will be huge!
        Julie Shepherd
        Magical Travel
        Authorized Disney Vacation Planner
        [email protected]
        Toll Free: 1-800-883-1535 Ext. 37

Comment

So I was kind of thinking about going December 11-16/17
          And according to everyone that's responded, it shouldn't be too overwhelmingly crazy, right?
          Does anyone have any hotel recommendations? I kind of like the looks of the Tuscana. I'd love to hear all opinions!
          Peace, Love, and Mickey Mouse! :ap:

Comment

Originally posted by Smoozie View Post
            So I was kind of thinking about going December 11-16/17
            And according to everyone that's responded, it shouldn't be too overwhelmingly crazy, right?
            Does anyone have any hotel recommendations? I kind of like the looks of the Tuscana. I'd love to hear all opinions!
            Crowds should be okay still.

I usually recommend staying on Disney property. But, if you are going to stay off property, I would take a few things into consideration.

One: Transportation to and from the airport and parks. How much more is it going to cost you?

Two: On property advantages. Such as, free transportation to and from the airport and parks. The special offers that Disney is currently promoting, such as the Free Dining. Extra Magic Hours, being able to ship your purchases to your resort. Just as few.

Some of my favorite Disney Resorts and why are:

Value - Pop Century Resort- But I would recommend a preferred view room that puts you a little closer to the front.
            Moderate - Port Orleans French Quarter- Disney's smallest resort, great bus service, boat transportation to Downtown Disney, and Elliot Dyson at Scat's Cat lounge.
            Deluxe - Polynesian- Love the atmosphere, romantic, watching Wishes from the beach.
            And.....the Beach Club- Love the short walk to Epcot.

I don't know much about the Tuscana condos, but it may help you to go to Tripadvisor and read the reviews.
            Julie Shepherd
            Magical Travel
            Authorized Disney Vacation Planner
            [email protected]
            Toll Free: 1-800-883-1535 Ext. 37

Comment

Working...
            X