This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] MNSSHP 2010, Who's Going?

It's getting close to that time of year again....time for MNSSHP!!

Halloweentime at the parks has always been my favorite time of year. We have been making our annual trips around this time for a few years now.

This year we are arriving in Fl. on the 28th of October and heading over to the party on Halloween night. We usually check the party out at least 2 nights but we have yet to decide what the 2nd night will be yet.

Who else is going? What nights were you planning to go? Wanna spill some costume secrets?

^v^
    There's Always Room For a 1000.....Hurry Back

Re: MNSSHP 2010, Who's Going?

damn.. i've been there on halloween night twice now but this year i'm opting out for a Halloween trip for a Christmas trip. I have yet to see the Castle lit up. The problem now with this castle being lit up is during October they're always working on the castle and you can't get those clear beautiful simply just castle camera shots. There's always the strands hanging off.

But anyways, if I had the money I'd be there again Halloween night. It's just too darn fun.

Comment

il be attending the halloween party as alice, and i have a couple of questions,

if you are approached by, say children, are you allowed to speak to them as the character, (obviously no photos)

and, are you allowed to take photographs with other guests who are also in costume?

im so excited!!
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by beckix.o.x View Post
        il be attending the halloween party as alice, and i have a couple of questions,

if you are approached by, say children, are you allowed to speak to them as the character, (obviously no photos)

and, are you allowed to take photographs with other guests who are also in costume?

im so excited!!

Question #1: Nope. This is exactly what they do not want you doing. They don't want people thinking guests are official characters.

Question #2: officially, you're not supposed to, but the rule is really only enforced if you're breaking the rule answered in question #1.

Comment

HEY!! HEY!!! I posted a poll on this as well. maybe these threads should be merged?
          I know the Micechat staff will be attending in late october. That would be reason enough for me to fork up the money and go... but I am also interested in hearing what people going to the earlier parties have to say first..
          So it's a 50%-50% for me.

Originally posted by clockworkmonkey
          Question #1: Nope. This is exactly what they do not want you doing. They don't want people thinking guests are official characters.

Question #2: officially, you're not supposed to, but the rule is really only enforced if you're breaking the rule answered in question #1.
          See? Then why do they have BBB boutiques in every resort for? That is what I like about Tokyo's Halloween (at no extra charges). They designate "costume days" and guests are requested to dress up in anything related to Disney.. be characters or attraction characters, or even in home made costumes that resemble the CM' costumes from past shows at the park. The home made costumes can be a lot of fun and some of those costumes are quite lavish and excellent. OLC recognizes a lot of fans love to dress up as their favorite Disney character, and I can't see to understand why WDC is so dead against it, especially when guests have to fork up money for these events.
          Last edited by TDLFAN; 08-17-2010, 01:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TDLFAN View Post
            OLC recognizes a lot of fans love to dress up as their favorite Disney character, and I can't see to understand why WDC is so dead against it, especially when guests have to fork up money for these events.
            Because it's a giant difference between a Caucasian girl pretending to be Alice, and a Japanese girl pretending to be Alice. Not many people will approach a Japanese guest dressed as a character and assume that they are the official Disney character (and thus an official representation of the park), whereas one could be more easily confused by the Blonde-haired, blue-eyed girl dressed i nthe same thing.

Comment

See? Then why do they have BBB boutiques in every resort for? That is what I like about Tokyo's Halloween (at no extra charges). They designate "costume days" and guests are requested to dress up in anything related to Disney.. be characters or attraction characters, or even in home made costumes that resemble the CM' costumes from past shows at the park. The home made costumes can be a lot of fun and some of those costumes are quite lavish and excellent. OLC recognizes a lot of fans love to dress up as their favorite Disney character, and I can't see to understand why WDC is so dead against it, especially when guests have to fork up money for these events.
              you CAN dress up.....They just don't want you pretending to WORK THERE. Which could lead to the potential for a lawsuit of some creeper dresses as Prince Charming and harasses other guests. But They Love for you to come in costume and have a good time. As for you question about BBB....Little girls are always allowed to wear costumes, any day of the year... BBB is not for Adults to come in and Play Cinderella. Where did you get the Idea that you are not allowed to dress up for MNSSHP?

Comment

See? Then why do they have BBB boutiques in every resort for?
                Aren't those just for kids too?

Comment

Originally posted by clockworkmonkey View Post
                  Aren't those just for kids too?
                  Oooops my bad, yes they are. Except the BBB at Tokyo Disneyland Hotel, which offers makeover packages for grown women as well.. but I am yet to see one grown woman going around with colorful crap on her hair at TDL. But with Halloween coming to TDR on sept 12th.. that may change.
                  For the record, I detest the BBB concept and I hate it that OLC asked to have one in TDR.

Comment

ok thanks for clearing that up, i didn't think you would be able to talk to other guests as i understand people would think you worked there, just making sure
                    sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X