Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is Mickey Not a Parking Lot Section at the MK/TTC Parking Lot?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Why is Mickey Not a Parking Lot Section at the MK/TTC Parking Lot?

I've been going to Disney World several times this summer and every time I ride the tram back to the parking lot at the TTC (Ticket and Transportation Center), the cast member working always reminds everyone that Mickey isn't a parking lot section at the MK/TTC parking lot, and that the only Mickey Parking Lot Section is at Disneyland. Any one have any ideas or explanations why Mickey isn't a parking lot section at the TTC, while Minnie, Goofy, Pluto, Donald, and Daisy are represented with their own sections?

Re: Why is Mickey Not a Parking Lot Section at the MK/TTC Parking Lot?

I'm guessing because everyone would want to park there over the lots.

But it's also possible that the designers wanted the only Mickey Mouse parking lot to be in Disneyland, as a sort of honor for the original park.

Not sure, really. :unsure:

Comment

Maybe it was at some point, then the race track came along. Pure speculation.
      Marquis d'Bod of the RCMC... always and forever

Comment

Originally posted by Maverick View Post
        Maybe it was at some point, then the race track came along. Pure speculation.
        I don't think so. I found a scan of a parking ticket at this website: Transportation and Ticket Center

http://waltdatedworld.bravepages.com/5312c200.jpg
        Last edited by NeverNeverland; 07-26-2010, 05:42 PM. Reason: hotlinked photo removed

Comment

Interesting question, though I have no idea if it was done intentionally for what ever reason. But after looking at the scanned ticket I also noticed that Doc is the only dwarf not to have a section. I wouldn't be loosing any sleep over this or anything but they are interesting observations. I am sure if there is a reason it must have been discussed in a book somewehre abouit the design of the MK.
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwwdFhJWDK0

Comment

The reason Doc doesn't have a parking section is because they felt it would be too confusing with the boat dock and a Doc parking section.

Comment

Well, this question has puzzled the Disney Archives. Here is the response from Dave Smith:

--

Dave Smith, Chief Archivist
              The Walt Disney Company
              500 S. Buena Vista St.
              Burbank, CA 91521-3040
              Well, I guess this will remain a officially unanswered question for now.

Comment

Originally posted by jonyyeh View Post
                I've been going to Disney World several times this summer and every time I ride the tram back to the parking lot at the TTC (Ticket and Transportation Center), the cast member working always reminds everyone that Mickey isn't a parking lot section at the MK/TTC parking lot, and that the only Mickey Parking Lot Section is at Disneyland. Any one have any ideas or explanations why Mickey isn't a parking lot section at the TTC, while Minnie, Goofy, Pluto, Donald, and Daisy are represented with their own sections?

I always wondered that myself...just seems odd he isn't there and even DAISY is
                Team Angelica

Ruthless con artist, master of disguises, the perfect pirate.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X