Announcement

Collapse

Reminder

It is against MiceChat's rules to promote any violations of Disney's rules. Members who choose to brag about breaking Disney's rules, or who encourage others to break Disney rules, will be immediately banned. There will be no exceptions.
See more
See less

WDW Engagment UPDATE!

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trip Report WDW Engagment UPDATE!

So last July I solicited for help on how to propose to my girlfriend at WDW. Thank you again to everyone who replied with thier ideas! This is quite a late trip report however it has taken me this long to get the video into a file for youtube. Here is how things went down.

After a few weeks of phone calls and emails I decided to work with Disney's Video Dept. I had a conference call with my point of contact Kirsten and her supervisor to do some brainstorming. I explained my desire to have the event captured on video and also have us wired for sound but I could not think of how to do it without making Becky (my now wife) suspicious. We decided to have Kirsten and her team set up in the MK Rose Garden Plaza as if they were performing marketing interviews. I was to approach the RGP and have our photo taken at the PhotoPass spot. This is where Kirsten approched us from behind and asked us if we'd be interested in participating in a marketing research video to be used for furture commercials. So this gave them the excuse to wire us for audio and video tape us! After a few questions that pertained to our visit my que was the third question....

Once I popped the question the agreement was they would follow us around the park for 30 minutes and capture us just hangin out and having fun. They ended up haning out with us for 2.5 hours! This was totally custom and that is exactly what I wanted. Of course it came with Disney's "custom" price tag but we have this on DVD to keep for the rest of our lives! We were married July 2nd this year and used this video just prioir to our entrance to the reception. It was a HIT! So please watch, enjoy, and tell me what you think!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6p8a9Q8omyk"]YouTube- Walt Disney World Proposal[/ame]

Re: WDW Engagment UPDATE!

Congrats man
    Marquis d'Bod of the RCMC... always and forever

Comment

Congrats!
      Fratsor Sister - Delta Mu Chi Alpha

ΔΜΧΑ

Comment

Thanks guys!

Comment

Awesome. :thumbup:

Comment

good work!

congrats from Ashburn

Comment

I don't post here very much, but I just had to say that that was amazing!

Congratulations!
              ----------------------------------------

Jennifer

Comment

That was great!!!! I loved the people way behind you applauding...

Comment

Congratulations Excellent idea ! I'm sure you were nervous
                  Hoping to raise enough money to go to DL from Pennsylvania with my wife for our 5 year anniversary. (We went there on our honeymoon!)

If you would like to contribute to the cause for a relatively poor private school teacher. Please private message me. I'd be very thankful.

Comment

that's incredible!! And so special and sweet all the thought and planning that went into it. Congrats to you both!

Comment

I'm crying! That was so sweet! Congrats to you guys
                      With great pride: Disney Store Cast Member August 2011-Present

D23 Charter Member - 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012

WDW Trips: June 2012, 2010, 2008, 2007, 1997, 1996, 1994

Comment

That... WAS AWESOME.

And so much has changed in the Magic Kingdom since then, it's crazy. Literally half the places in that video won't exist in a year! Some are already gone! Wow, what an amazing memory to have!

Congrats you two, and the best of luck forever!
                        -Bill

Comment

Thanks everyone! I get alot of questions on the two guys in the back ground, if they were friends of ours or something. They just happened to be walking by and caught me on my knee! The funny thing is when we were walking around the park afterwards, we ran into them a few times and they kept cheering us on and the one guy was still playing with his Buzz Light Year spinner toy!

Comment

Congrats

Comment

Bravo. Congrats. You two should get a DVC membership so you can go back every year together. Best of Luck

Comment

Working...
                              X