Announcement

Collapse

Reminder

It is against MiceChat's rules to promote any violations of Disney's rules. Members who choose to brag about breaking Disney's rules, or who encourage others to break Disney rules, will be immediately banned. There will be no exceptions.
See more
See less

Prices going up in August?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Prices going up in August?

I get the mousesavers.com newsletter in it they said,
    "For the past several years Walt Disney World and Disneyland ticket prices have gone up on the first Sunday in August. Now is the time to purchase tickets for upcoming trips!"

What is the possibility of this being true?

I'm tempted to purchase my tickets already haha via undercovertourist.com

I would receive $9 off the gate price per ticket on a 4 day ticket and just save them till next year.
    I could also get a hopper for 4 days at $16 off the gate price per ticket.

Can you downgrade a hopper to a non-hopper if you don't use the hopper part?
    Hoping to raise enough money to go to DL from Pennsylvania with my wife for our 5 year anniversary. (We went there on our honeymoon!)

If you would like to contribute to the cause for a relatively poor private school teacher. Please private message me. I'd be very thankful.

Re: Prices going up in August?

I am pretty sure you cannot downgrade once you are there, only upgrade. But I may be wrong. If you do it within 45 days prior to your trip you should be able to. They don't mail out the tickets until like 2 weeks before your trip.
    Fratsor Sister - Delta Mu Chi Alpha

ΔΜΧΑ

Comment

Hm.. are you referring to Disney World tickets, Disney wait times, iPhone app, Orlando hotels, reviews and attraction tickets - Undercover Tourist or buying tickets direct from Walt disney world. Undercovertourist seems legit and is recommended by mouseseavers.com Not sure there policy on sending tickets but I'll look into it.
      Hoping to raise enough money to go to DL from Pennsylvania with my wife for our 5 year anniversary. (We went there on our honeymoon!)

If you would like to contribute to the cause for a relatively poor private school teacher. Please private message me. I'd be very thankful.

Comment

Sorry- Direct from Disney. I never used a reseller, so I have no information on them. I guess that doesn't really help than :lol:
        Fratsor Sister - Delta Mu Chi Alpha

ΔΜΧΑ

Comment

It's ok thanks anyhow The reseller says the tickets will be good until you use them for the first day. Thus, it may be beneficial to buy them now and save them for later next year.

Comment

Originally posted by Yackerz View Post
            It's ok thanks anyhow The reseller says the tickets will be good until you use them for the first day. Thus, it may be beneficial to buy them now and save them for later next year.
            Correct - no clocks start until the first use... and it is that time of year for ticket increases. Disney always lets you upgrade tickets or add more... but you can't 'break a ticket apart' and use part here, part there, pull options off, etc.

I've never used a ticket reseller either.. only direct from Disney (and through the military ticket purchasing).

I know for my last DLR trip.. Disney's eticket promotions were actually better priced then any local reseller's promos.

Comment

Ya I never actually bought DL or WDW tickets. When I went to WDW before, it was part of a package that my school bought and I reimbursed them. When I went to DL, I got in for free because I was second cousins of someone that lived out there who worked for DL lol.

I didn't know Disney did many eticket promotions. Did you ever see any for WDW?

Comment

Never looked... the promo was just the discounted price on the DL site when you bought a 3 day pass as an eticket instead of traditional media. That was a few years ago.

AFAIK.. WDW doesn't push etickets. Having military parents though... I rarely use WDW's traditional ticketing stuff.

Comment

I've never seen them in a couple years of "scanning" about for WDW discounts. I think I'm going to purchase two of the 4 day non-hopper passes this week from undercover tourist with the mousesaver extra little bit of savings, saving me currently $18 total on the gate prices.

Each ticket runs: $ 229.95 total this includes taxes and shipping and handling so its a decent deal IMO.

For $49.04 more per ticket you can get the park hoppers. If I upgrade them at Disneyworld to park hoppers I think its like $55 more for the upgrade. (O well).

Comment

Working...
                  X