This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Idea] Spaceship Earth Redo

I was just sitting in my room watching doctor who on dvd and got thinking. What if Disney bought the rights to doctor who and rethemed spaceship earth to Traveling through time with the DOCTOR.

Where you enter through the tardis police box and the circular loading area is themed to the inside of the tardis with the ocassional whitty david tennant or matt smith voice saying lines like (i don't remember the exact quote)"Yea thats what i usually hear, it's bigger on the inside."

Then as you board the same vehicle system used for SE and begin the ascent up into the globe. The ascent could be themed with a "time vortex" effect and images of past doctors are displayed on walls.

The first scene would show you an animatronic with the doctor with rose tyler

The whole ride would be narrated by david tennant or matt smith (preferably david) going through the basically the same scenes as SE with the addition of a tardis in the background here and there and and occasional doctor who monster being fought....

There could also be many small doctor who references such a tardis in a hieroglyphic... painting. other small stuff like a sonic screwdriver laying on a table. a dalek, a cyberman, maybe even sarah jane smith!

Then the last scene would also show the doctor again this time matt smith and amy pond.

and then last thing before going back into the time vortex would be donna noble (catherine tate) saying something witty and funny along the lines of "Oye, that it space man!?"

Being a huge doctor who fan i think this would be awesome and possibly better than the current spaceship earth which is enjoyed by many but often times neglected... This could also be disney's look toward british entertainment. not quite the same following as harry potter but could be significant.....

Re: Spaceship Earth Redo

Meh, can't say I'm a fan, but I'm also not a Dr. Who fan. I think SE should remain without a character tie-in and just focus on the history and future of communications and technology.

Comment

Spaceship Earth just received a major rehab with many changes, so I can't say you could call it neglected at the moment. Even if it was, I'd be highly disappointed if one of the genuinely educational attractions in Epcot became a random adventure with Doctor Who.
      "A paradise for children--and for grownups, too. I don't know when I've had so much fun."-Richard Nixon on Disneyland

Newest Post- Epcot 30x30: Club Cool

Comment

SSE received that "massive" refurb in 2007... While I do like the Dr. Who idea, even though I have never seen the show, it is a fun concept.
        Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

Comment

Nooooo, thank you. It looks like a fun idea but I wouldn't be ready to sacrifice one of the barely-remaining pieces of EPCOT Center's unique presentation.
          -Hale (wumbology)

a.k.a. h2mc, omnimover.mousetalgia, omnimover, wumbology, hogbackmtn, hhmcsharry, Hale M., h2m, h2mc

(I've never visited Disneyland Resort, Tokyo Disney Resort, Disneyland Resort Paris, nor Hong Kong Disneyland Resort, so don't be fooled when I pretend to know what I'm talking about. [But I'm pretty good with the information, if I do say so myself. And you can hit me all you want with Walt Disney World.])

Comment

Originally posted by Disney Romantic View Post
            Spaceship Earth just received a major rehab with many changes, so I can't say you could call it neglected at the moment. Even if it was, I'd be highly disappointed if one of the genuinely educational attractions in Epcot became a random adventure with Doctor Who.
            No, it's not neglected. The entire final 1/3 of the ride hasn't been finished, but it's definitely not neglected.

Comment

I love Doctor Who, but don't care for this idea.

Though I know some friends of mine wouldn't mind having a David Tennant AA of their very own. :evil:

An life-size AA of a Dalek would be pretty awesome in its own right though.

Comment

Originally posted by aimster View Post
                I love Doctor Who, but don't care for this idea.

Though I know some friends of mine wouldn't mind having a David Tennant AA of their very own. :evil:

An life-size AA of a Dalek would be pretty awesome in its own right though.
                I feel like any ride made with doctor who would be cool. It really is something that the whole family can enjoy. It doesn't just target one age group. (and one up for the boys..) perhaps in hollywood studios or tomorrowland instead of in Spaceship earth... haha

Comment

^you're right, probably would be better for DHS or Tomorrowland at a push. Still nice idea.
                  sigpic

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." -
                  Walt Disney

Comment

If we were going to get a British journey through time and space ride, I want to see The Mighty Boosh ride first. I mean, the show has made several specious references to Disney over the course of the show. It'd just have to be bring your own hallucinogens.
                    "A paradise for children--and for grownups, too. I don't know when I've had so much fun."-Richard Nixon on Disneyland

Newest Post- Epcot 30x30: Club Cool

Comment

Uh, No.

Movie, Television, and other franchises do not belong in Future World. Now, don't get me wrong, I love the idea of a Doctor Who (David Tennant) attraction, but character tie-ins should be somewhere else than Epcot. You might get away with using The Doctor in the British pavilion in World Showcase - only because the series is so much a part of British culture - but absolutely not in Spaceship Earth.

Comment

Working...
                      X