This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] WDW Jungle Cruise vs. DL Jungle Cruise

I've been on both of these rides only once each and about 5 years apart in time. From my recollection, these rides look to be very similar. Is one better than the other? Is there any big difference that I am missing?
    Hoping to raise enough money to go to DL from Pennsylvania with my wife for our 5 year anniversary. (We went there on our honeymoon!)

If you would like to contribute to the cause for a relatively poor private school teacher. Please private message me. I'd be very thankful.

Re: WDW Jungle Cruise vs. DL Jungle Cruise

WDW has a big temple.

I actually prefer the classic version at DL.
    Follow me on --> Twitter (@soda)

Comment

WDW has a cool temple and a lot of it is rearranged compared to Disneyland's. I'd say Disneyland has the better skippers though.
      M-I-C-K-E-Y P-R-I-M-E
      sigpic
      Flickr

Comment

I'd have to go on WDW's on this one. We've had better skippers and an overall better ride experience than at Disneyland.

Comment

Well I count these as different experiences, since there is different humor, and different sights on the ride I wouldn't really say that that they are interchangeable experiences.
          Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

Comment

I like WDW overall... long and i LOVE the temple. i think DL's skippers tend to be better, though, and i love the classicness of it.
            Good morning, son
            In twenty years from now
            Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
            And I can tell you 'bout today
            And how I picked you up and everything changed
            It was pain
            Sunny days and rain
            I knew you'd feel the same things...

sigpic

Comment

Disneyland has a more detailed queue with a two story boat house, Disney World has the huge temple. Other than that, the scenes are just re-arranged.

Comment

Disneyland's has the piranhas effect, which is kind of cool, but I wouldn't trade it for the temple... not sure I could say one is better than the other.

Comment

I definitely like the WDW JC better. The temple is so awesome.

Comment

While Disney World does have the Temple, Disneyland does have newer snow scenes. The monkeys at the camp now have more action, firing the guns, which creates small bursts in the water. The piranhas also appear. In addition, the attacking natives appear out of nowhere and come out to "attack" you more realistically (kind of like the attack corridor in Indiana Jones Adventure), with air puffs and of course sound simulating the spears being thrown.

Comment

Originally posted by KingEric View Post
                      Well I count these as different experiences, since there is different humor, and different sights on the ride I wouldn't really say that that they are interchangeable experiences.
                      I will have to totally agree.
                      There's Always Room For a 1000.....Hurry Back

Comment

I don't know if I can say I like one over the other. It's not just the JC CM's, they each have different sets that make them different.

So I'll just say I enjoyed them both equally.

Comment

Originally posted by MatterhornJ View Post
                          WDW has a big temple.

I actually prefer the classic version at DL.
                          I much prefer DL's version for being more intimate and compact. I also like how they incorporated the Indiana Jones outdoor queue into the ride, which gives the ride an overall feel of being a part of the land, rather than just a separated experience from it all. I also prefer that DL's version has been update with some of the new effects they used for the HKDL.. such as the piragna attack. Seems to me maintenance is also superior to WDW.

However, to be honest... there is very little at the MK that is superior to every aspect of the DL park in CA. One such example is the Haunted mansion which I believe is at the moment a better experience over DL's, but i still prefer DL's simply because I did not get rushed thru as they do at the MK, causing you to miss (or not enjoy) many elements of the preshow.

In regards to the Jungle Cruises of the World.. I categorize them like this:
                          Best JC: DL's. Very best overall experience. Classic and intimate. has been updated and refurbished nicely.
                          2nd Best: TDL's.. incorporates some of the unique features of the MK's (like everyone's favorite indoor temple portion), plus added some new revisions to scenes we are used to seeing in CA's version.
                          3Rd best: HKDL's.. unique among all the JC rides.. incorporates updated and more technically impressive scenes, plus has an unique ending that is much more exciting than looking at Trader Sam.
                          4th best: MK's. This version is ok and can be one of the best versions there, but is in bad need of upgrades and some maintenance of show and sets would be a welcomed change.

One interesting but useless piece of trivia: DL's and MK's JC run counter-clockwise, while TDL's and HKDL's run clock-wise.

Question: Which JC ride incorporated a reference to an animated Disney character?

Comment

I prefer the DL version. There are constantly show scenes for the skippers to riff on, and the piranha attack provies a nice climax. The WDW version has the elephant scene, then a long empty gap before the visit with Chief Namee. In truth, the temple, which should be a strengh for Florida, has even become kind of a weakness since the skippers are encouraged to guide silently through it for a moody interlude. It often ruins the momentum of the show (but not always, since, like everything in the Jungle, the quality of the ride is enormously dependent on the skipper).

Comment

Originally posted by TDLFAN View Post
                              Question: Which JC ride incorporated a reference to an animated Disney character?
                              I know DL's JC had a stuffed Simba making his rounds through a few of the scenes for awhile, or are you talking about something more permanent?

I also find it interesting you mentioned that you liked the incorporation of the Indy queue in DL. From what I've seen, it seems most hardcore JC fans think it ruins the experience of truly being in the heart of the jungle, far away from civilization.

Comment

Originally posted by kirbilicious View Post
                                I know DL's JC had a stuffed Simba making his rounds through a few of the scenes for awhile, or are you talking about something more permanent?

I also find it interesting you mentioned that you liked the incorporation of the Indy queue in DL. From what I've seen, it seems most hardcore JC fans think it ruins the experience of truly being in the heart of the jungle, far away from civilization.
                                There's also a Lion King shield in tribal scene, though I think it's specifically the logo of the Broadway musical.

I think the Indy queue isn't a big problem for me since it comes very near the beginning of the ride, and therefore you feel like you're still on your way away from civilization. I guess I'd prefer not to see the other park guests, but it's not too bad given the placement.

Comment

This is a tough call. I actually prefer the Disney World version. At least I did until Disneyland added some new special effects (Water cannons and piranhas). If the Disney World version of the attraction gets the proposed enhancements it deserves, it could very well find its way back at the top.

Overall I like the Hong Kong version of this attraction best. It is quite unique and has a real ending to the attraction which makes it the best at story telling (even if you can't understand the skippers).
                                  MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

Find us on Facebook: .

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,
                                  Save

Comment

Dusty, can you elaborate on the proposed changes you mention in regards to WDW's version?

Originally posted by kirbilicious View Post
                                    I am talking about Tarzan being referenced in the HKDL version.. and his name is mentioned by skippers once the ride gets underway. It's a reference that is far more a part of the ride than any other obscure reference that fans would have to look for while riding.

Comment

Wdw > dl
                                      Marquis d'Bod of the RCMC... always and forever

Comment

I get mixed. WDW feels like a weird alternate universe to me once the ride starts out because I'm so used to the Disneyland version thats just how I assume the ride should be .

I am with those who feel the DIsneyland version gets a few plusses for the newer scenes and more densely packed scenery.

I like that something is always happening on the Disneyland version. I don't always feel that in WDW. I also think the new scenes for Disneyland add a great amount of movement to the ride.

I think the temple is a cool idea in WDW but there isn't actually a whole lot going on inside it once it starts.

if WDW could just get a nice refurb with DL's effects and maybe a little something extra for the temple, it would easily be the best but as it stands I don't think it is.

Probably good that they're different though I like the different arrangement they both have .
                                        "We all have sparks, imagination! it's how our minds... create creations!"

Comment

Working...
                                        X