Announcement

Collapse

Reminder

It is against MiceChat's rules to promote any violations of Disney's rules. Members who choose to brag about breaking Disney's rules, or who encourage others to break Disney rules, will be immediately banned. There will be no exceptions.
See more
See less

WDW Jungle Cruise vs. DL Jungle Cruise

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: WDW Jungle Cruise vs. DL Jungle Cruise

Originally posted by TDLFAN View Post

However, to be honest... there is very little at the MK that is superior to every aspect of the DL park in CA. One such example is the Haunted mansion which I believe is at the moment a better experience over DL's, but i still prefer DL's simply because I did not get rushed thru as they do at the MK, causing you to miss (or not enjoy) many elements of the preshow.
    Funny you should mention the Haunted Mansion....because I like WDW's Haunted Mansion better than Disneylands for the same reason I like WDW's Jungle Cruise better than Disneylands........

At WDW there is a good chance that the spiel won't be interrupted by some bored clown(s) who think's he's funnier than the JC Skipper or wants to prove to a captive audience that he knows the ghost host script better than anyone
    Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

Comment

Originally posted by Jspider View Post
      Probably good that they're different though I like the different arrangement they both have .
      That IS a good point - while I slightly prefer the DL version, I do like both and am very glad they're not exactly the same.

Comment

I am talking about Tarzan being referenced in the HKDL version.. and his name is mentioned by skippers once the ride gets underway. It's a reference that is far more a part of the ride than any other obscure reference that fans would have to look for while riding.
        Of course, since Tarzan's Treehouse takes the place of Tom Sawyer's Island at Hong Kong Disneyland.

I admit, I think Disneyland's is better. That doesn't mean that WDW isn't unique. It is, but I think Disneyland has the better version. Plus, I think WDW sticks too much to the script, but still, even with the script, there's definitely a difference in terms of the skippers' delivery.

I've also been on the HKDL version, and its definitely the most action packed, as it has the newer scenes that Disneyland has and a pretty big finale with a showdown between the fire and water Gods. Plus, its the only Disney Park that has the narration in multiple languages (English, Cantonese, and Mandarin). I have to admit, the English language skippers don't have the best English skills, but hey, at least there is English. Although I would definitely recommend anyone who understands Cantonese or Mandarin to take that version instead (hey, you can't get that stateside).

Comment

However, to be honest... there is very little at the MK that is superior to every aspect of the DL park in CA. One such example is the Haunted mansion which I believe is at the moment a better experience over DL's, but i still prefer DL's simply because I did not get rushed thru as they do at the MK, causing you to miss (or not enjoy) many elements of the preshow.
          Don't forget Pooh. The MK one is so much better.

Comment

Actually, I prefer DL's Pooh over the MK's for many reasons, which I explained in my recent trip report from DLR. Of course, no Pooh ride in the US or HK comes close to the E-ticket greatness that is TDL's Hunny Hunt, but that is not this topic's topic.

Comment

Question: Which JC ride incorporated a reference to an animated Disney character?
              Theres the treehouse and Professor Porter's campsite taken over by gorillas.

Comment

Originally posted by clockworkmonkey View Post
                That IS a good point - while I slightly prefer the DL version, I do like both and am very glad they're not exactly the same.
                lol sometimes I mention it for my own good. Some people talk about shock and differences between parks. I never really felt that with the MK myself, maybe because I origionally visited WDW when I was three/four/seven before I became a DL goer at ten

However while I visited DL almost yearly for a while my first trip back to WDW at 23 made me jump when I saw a radically different layout for the jungle cruise I think its actually good to be off guard like that. Not quite the feeling of a new attraction but a bizzare feeling of being in an alternate reality I liked the feeling though so I praise that haha.
                "We all have sparks, imagination! it's how our minds... create creations!"

Comment

I would take the DL version over WDW because of the rides feeling from the updates over the last couple of years to the sense that you feel like you are in a jungle don't get me wrong I enjoy WDW version but I love DLs even more.

Comment

Working...
                  X