Announcement

Collapse
See more
See less

Orlando Sentinel Article on Broken Yeti(Merged Threads)

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Has Yeti Become A Cross Between A Disfunctional Disco Zombie & A Giant Plush Toy?

Originally posted by PhantomBoy View Post
    i remember watching how animotronics were made and saw the yeti I was like WOW but now its broken disney dont care no more...
    i think disney havent got the equipment because it might be a old one?
    Too bad that the only factor that might cause Disney to get off it's duff and fix the once menacing abomination is for Expedition: Everest ridership to go into a slump. Is anybody out there capable of creating an avalanch?...if you catch my drift.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

Comment

Re: Has Yeti Become A Cross Between A Disfunctional Disco Zombie & A Giant Plush Toy?

Originally posted by Ride Warrior View Post
      Too bad that the only factor that might cause Disney to get off it's duff and fix the once menacing abomination is for Expedition: Everest ridership to go into a slump. Is anybody out there capable of creating an avalanch?...if you catch my drift.
      I was watching on discovery once the making of it and the man said he didnt want nothing touched inside the mountain after it was built so... you catch me...
      And Maybe the yeti has no way to get to!
      Here come's the bride.
      As long as we live.
      Till death do us part.
      You may kiss the bride.

Comment

I was watching on discovery once the making of it and the man said he didnt want nothing touched inside the mountain after it was built so... you catch me...
        And Maybe the yeti has no way to get to!
        You go for it, PhantomBoy! I'll keep my eyes peeled for your hyjynx! :lmao::evil:

Comment

Originally posted by Ride Warrior View Post
          You go for it, PhantomBoy! I'll keep my eyes peeled for your hyjynx! :lmao::evil:
          :o what do you mean hyjynx?
          anyway i seen that on the coaster train smoke doesnt come out anymore
          and i think the mist on the mountain may have vanished too!
          But with the yeti they may not have technology to cover old or they cant reach it without making the whole ride crash or The are lazy and cant get there but out of there seat! :evil:
          Here come's the bride.
          As long as we live.
          Till death do us part.
          You may kiss the bride.

Comment

:o what do you mean hyjynx?
            anyway i seen that on the coaster train smoke doesnt come out anymore
            and i think the mist on the mountain may have vanished too!
            But with the yeti they may not have technology to cover old or they cant reach it without making the whole ride crash or The are lazy and cant get there but out of there seat! :evil:
            Broken Yeti, no smoke, no mountain mist...and yet guests keep coming in droves.

Comment

I know but i reckon We should make a petition to Disney about the imagineers telling them to get to work or we will
              we could easily fix disney up!
              So why arent they?
              Here come's the bride.
              As long as we live.
              Till death do us part.
              You may kiss the bride.

Comment

Already discussed in this thread: http://micechat.com/forums/walt-disn...oken-yeti.html, if you're interested.
                "A paradise for children--and for grownups, too. I don't know when I've had so much fun."-Richard Nixon on Disneyland

Newest Post- Epcot 30x30: Club Cool

Comment

The Yeti is a very complex issue, and Disney has been working on a fix for it, since the foundation for the Yeti structure cracked. Disney could expedite this, if they closed Everest for a 6 to 9 month rehab.

So instead of disrupting people's vacations, and their reason for visiting DAK, Disney has opted to work on this at night... which has resulted in the issue lasting as long as it has.
                  Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

Comment

Originally posted by KingEric View Post
                    The Yeti is a very complex issue, and Disney has been working on a fix for it, since the foundation for the Yeti structure cracked. Disney could expedite this, if they closed Everest for a 6 to 9 month rehab.

So instead of disrupting people's vacations, and their reason for visiting DAK, Disney has opted to work on this at night... which has resulted in the issue lasting as long as it has.
                    Thanx for the new information that explains the problem Disney is wrestling with in it's attempt to fix the Yeti without taking it down for close to a year and totally letting guests down who are primaruly at the park to experience Expedition: Everest.

My only concern is that the Yeti may never be able to procreate baby Yeties once Disney fixes him or her.

Comment

Originally posted by KingEric View Post

But the ride needs to be closed down. It seems that working only at night hasn't helped much, and by closing instead to fix all the broken effects, guests might be disrupted, but once reopened all guests would benefit from the complete ride experience working. This is an effect that should have the entire attraction shut down if not working properly to begin with.

If they don't want to close it, what they should do is build another attraction to keep people entertained while EE is down.

Either way, EE needs to go down to fix it properly; seriously, how much longer can they be working on it at night before they realize they can't fix it without shutting the entire attraction down? Not buying it.
                      It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

Comment

Originally posted by yoyoflamingo View Post
                        But the ride needs to be closed down. It seems that working only at night hasn't helped much, and by closing instead to fix all the broken effects, guests might be disrupted, but once reopened all guests would benefit from the complete ride experience working. This is an effect that should have the entire attraction shut down if not working properly to begin with.

If they don't want to close it, what they should do is build another attraction to keep people entertained while EE is down.

Either way, EE needs to go down to fix it properly; seriously, how much longer can they be working on it at night before they realize they can't fix it without shutting the entire attraction down? Not buying it.
                        Agreed.

1. Safety
                        2. Courtesy
                        3. Show
                        4. Efficiency

Show trumps efficiency. Temporarily diminishing the capacity of DAK is preferable to exposing guests to bad show. If DAK's capacity plummets when one attraction is closed (which is the case), that should be a wake-up call to TDO that DAK needs more attractions! "We don't want to ruin people's vacations" is not an acceptable excuse for bad show.
                        I knew if this business was ever to get anywhere, if this business was ever to grow, it could never do it by having to answer to someone unsympathetic to its possibilities, by having to answer to someone with only one thought or interest, namely profits. For my idea of how to make profits has differed greatly from those who generally control businesses such as ours. I have blind faith in the policy that quality, tempered with good judgment and showmanship, will win against all odds.
                        -Walt Disney

sigpic

Comment

Re: Orlando Sentinel Article on Broken Yeti(Merged Threads)

Agreed with you guys!
                          I hope when i go there next year the yeti better be fixed or otherwise ill be mad!
                          Here come's the bride.
                          As long as we live.
                          Till death do us part.
                          You may kiss the bride.

Comment

I hope like anything to show up to DAK to go on EE and find it closed . I would not for a second be thinking "oh no, my visit is ruined!" I would be thinking "Hooray Hooray Hooray! Next time I come here, Yeti will be rocking A mode!"

When they re-opened it, they could make a big marketing deal about it, and really pump up attendance at that time.

Comment

Add yeti babies!
                              LOL
                              Here come's the bride.
                              As long as we live.
                              Till death do us part.
                              You may kiss the bride.

Comment

Add yeti babies!
                                LOL
                                The yeti will be such a proud parent. Disney will need to let him walk the babies around in the park after hours. This will of course require a humongous yeti baby carriage with a seating capacity to accomodate two or more. Plus, a milk truck will need to follow them around when the yeti has to add more formula to the giant baby bottle.
                                Last edited by Ride Warrior; 08-04-2010, 04:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by lily23 View Post
                                  I hope like anything to show up to DAK to go on EE and find it closed . I would not for a second be thinking "oh no, my visit is ruined!" I would be thinking "Hooray Hooray Hooray! Next time I come here, Yeti will be rocking A mode!"
                                  Amen.
                                  I knew if this business was ever to get anywhere, if this business was ever to grow, it could never do it by having to answer to someone unsympathetic to its possibilities, by having to answer to someone with only one thought or interest, namely profits. For my idea of how to make profits has differed greatly from those who generally control businesses such as ours. I have blind faith in the policy that quality, tempered with good judgment and showmanship, will win against all odds.
                                  -Walt Disney

sigpic

Comment

My next WDW visit will include a walk to E:E for a ride, maybe Dinosaur, a walk around the Tree of Life and leaving. Back to EPCOT. What is there is pretty but without much substance these days. No change since my last trip...
                                    Mark

Disney parks and art, movies, music, more... Over 1, 500 Posts!
                                    www.InsightsandSounds.blogspot.com

Comment

I think the issue is, that a lot of people agree with Mark's sentiments. EE is the THING at AK (for many) I, for one, Love AK and spend at least a full day there every trip. But I understand that shutting it down would be an issue for Disney since people may avoid the park all together.

I'd LOVE (love love love!) them to fix the Yeti! And for me, shutting it down for a bit to get that done wouldn't be an issue (though I'd be a bit disappointed that I couldnt ride)

That said, regular toursist who dont share our "Disney Passion" (the people who only visit once just to do it) may not even notice that he isn't working to his full capacity (if nobody told them) And that may be what Disney is thinking too. "Do we shut down and entire ride, that gets guests into this park, just to fix an AA that they may not notice isn't fully functional anyway?"

Its a tough situation, I don't know what the "Cure" is but I hope they fix it so others can enjoy/experience the power of the yeti!....Disco is dead.

Comment

Originally posted by TriSarahtops View Post
                                        I think the issue is, that a lot of people agree with Mark's sentiments. EE is the THING at AK (for many) I, for one, Love AK and spend at least a full day there every trip. But I understand that shutting it down would be an issue for Disney since people may avoid the park all together.

I'd LOVE (love love love!) them to fix the Yeti! And for me, shutting it down for a bit to get that done wouldn't be an issue (though I'd be a bit disappointed that I couldnt ride)

That said, regular toursist who dont share our "Disney Passion" (the people who only visit once just to do it) may not even notice that he isn't working to his full capacity (if nobody told them) And that may be what Disney is thinking too. "Do we shut down and entire ride, that gets guests into this park, just to fix an AA that they may not notice isn't fully functional anyway?"

Its a tough situation, I don't know what the "Cure" is but I hope they fix it so others can enjoy/experience the power of the yeti!....Disco is dead.
                                        You hit the nail on the head. I was disappointed with the article, and it's complete lack of understanding why Disney has made the business choices that it has made.

But when you say just close E:E think about what would happen if you would have closed TT at DHS pre RnR.

While I personally don't feel that E:E makes or breaks DAK, attendance, and guest surveys show that a lot of people go to DAK primarily to experience E:E
                                        Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

Comment

And Toy Story Mania is THE thing in the Studios... and they are closing it down for a few months. It happens all the time.. just close it!!!
                                          Good morning, son
                                          In twenty years from now
                                          Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
                                          And I can tell you 'bout today
                                          And how I picked you up and everything changed
                                          It was pain
                                          Sunny days and rain
                                          I knew you'd feel the same things...

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                          X