Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which WDW Attractions Close During Lightning?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Which WDW Attractions Close During Lightning?

Originally posted by j2249 View Post
    In RAIN, outdoor attractions go down.
    In LIGHTNING, ALL attractions go down regardless if they are indoor or outdoor. And yes, I am a CM. I worked at Pirates, where we closed due to lightning.
    Hmm, I would get clarification on this if I were you. I've seen plenty of outdoor attractions go down during lightning but all the indoor attractions were open to enjoy.

In Florida, if what you say is true then the parks would be closed the majority of the time during the Summer.

Comment

Originally posted by BANANAZ View Post
      Hehehe... I don't know about outside, but you're not safe even indoors. We were in Star Tours, right about to enter the simulator, when lightning apparently hit the then closed for refurb Space Mountian. The power went out, and when it came back on, ST's ride system went crazy. The doors kept opening and shutting, and the ride kept resetting itself. I would have hated to be actually on the ride.
      Are you talking about ST at DHS? That would be odd if lightning strikes at MK and shuts down rides at DHS located 6 miles down the road. Wouldn`t every other facility get affected as well?

Comment

i know they close big thunder mountain and splash mountain.

we were just @ disney world a few days ago. it was raining really hard, so me and my family were waiting under the fastpass machines @ big thunder mountain during the rain. the cast members were playing disney trivia and giving out fast passes. a cast member told me that they will run the rides in the rain but they keep them closed until the lightning is 15-20 miles away.

hope that helps!

Comment

Originally posted by Cookie View Post
          Are you talking about ST at DHS? That would be odd if lightning strikes at MK and shuts down rides at DHS located 6 miles down the road. Wouldn`t every other facility get affected as well?
          That's what I thought too, but the CM who we were talking to said that somehow, the electrical systems are connected. Also, I think ToT was affected as well. From what I remember, people actually got stuck... That would be terrifying as well...

Anyway, I could be wrong, but I'm just going off of what the CM said. If anyone here is a CM and remembers that day, (sometime in July of last year, SM was down for refurb at that time) then let me know. I'd like to know if my memory serves me correct.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
          Working...
          X