X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yoyoflamingo
    replied
    Re: Your Favorite Attraction at All the Parks

Splash Mountain for me. Great story, AAs, music, and a little thrill. A great, great attraction.

Leave a comment:

• Pinkflutterby
    replied

Argh, so difficult........

My favorite ride (as in you could pop me on it at 9am and drag me off it again at 7pm) would be.....Horizons.

I know it's gone to that great sink hole in the sky but I thought it captured a lot of what Epcot and WDW as a whole was meant to be. The dream of what the future holds for us all.

Plus it smelt divinely of oranges.

Worst ride? Hands down, no contest, excuse me sir we have a winner.....Stich. It's just.....crap. I wish I could be more eloquent but I can't. It's crap crap crap crap crap.

Leave a comment:

• NeverNeverland
    replied

UGH. I think I'll say Peter Pan. but if i want to go fast, then Big Thunder.
    Gah. That was hard.

Leave a comment:

• Mouse princess
    replied

Its hard to pick a favorite. For me its Tower of Terror and Pirates.

Leave a comment:

• Yackerz
    replied

I clarified the original post. I guess I just worded it wrong.
    I can see how everyone thought I meant the other way.

So what we are looking for is you to choose your favorite kid. No I mean, choose something just as hard, pick from your favorite attraction at WDW. Yes, compare your favorites at each park and pick which one of your favorites is the complete and utter best. Hard to do I know!

Leave a comment:

• TDLFAN
    replied

Originally posted by Yackerz View Post
    Unfortunately, this thread has just been a reduced list version of my other thread "Favorite attractions at the park - (top 5)" I was hoping here for something different and forcing you to choose between your top attraction between all the parks and pick a favorite. Some people did that O well! haha. Thank you for the responses anyhow.
    Maybe you should have stated that purpose from the beginning?
    Then again, I would have come off as predictable as always because you would have forced me to compare the lower end of Disney (most everything at WDW) with the best of the best (all of TDR). Not a fair comparison for vast differences in quality.

Leave a comment:

• wumbology
    replied

If I had to pick, I'd choose The Haunted Mansion. I just love the way it's set-up, the story, and the overall feel of the attraction. I love Pirates of the Caribbean for the same reasons, just not as much. I love It's a Small World for it's feel and it's message. That ride is really a work of art, but it's so simple. I love Grand Fiesta Tour because I love the setting and the relaxing nature of the ride, and its something I'll always remember doing with my family and we all had a great experience.

Leave a comment:

• Yackerz
    replied

Great job exactly what I was looking for! I had to drag my wife on the Haunted Mansion in DL. I do think I should again for this one. She said, O nothing great about that one. She just doesn't like ghosts. I know its so hard to choose 1 attraction!

If you want a coaster like Screamin' go to Busch Gardens Williamsburg and ride the Loch ness monster coaster. It has basically the same height for the drops, the same amount of speed, and the same G feeling I get from the loops at California Screamin'. It actually has better theming in my mind. The only thing it doesn't have is the launching motor that gets you going quickly and the music.

Leave a comment:

• RooBear
    replied

I catch your drift, totally. I came to this question with the ideal of what 'encapsulates' all the Disney offers into one attraction. What really, when you see/ride/experience, truly shows imagination, creativity and novelty?

Hmmm, one ride? This is like asking a parent which of their children is their favorite. You know that some of us will not go willingly into that debate!

As for myself, and I've said this before, I'm a writer-and a horror writer to boot. Normally, I could easily narrow it down to The Tower of Terror or the Haunted Mansion. But I guess I could narrow it down further:

The Haunted Mansion.

I'm not always in the mood for a thrill ride. But it thrills me just the same. One time at the Magic Kingdom, I rode the bugger seven times? There's the latest technology mixed with massive old school seamlessly. There's a sense of "we're not in Kansas anymore" from the start. The newest additions really do enhance the experience (the stairwell!).

Frequently, I find new things when I go. This is the sign of a great experience. One I'd recommend again and again.

Hope that answers your question.

Peace,
    Roo

Leave a comment:

• yoyoflamingo
    replied

Originally posted by ralfrick View Post

I think that Sounds Dangerous is without question the worst attraction I've experienced at WDW.
    I know I'm in the VAST minority, but I actually like Sounds Dangerous. :blush: One of those guilty pleasures. I think it's better than the current tram tour at any rate...

Leave a comment:

• Yackerz
    replied

Unfortunately, this thread has just been a reduced list version of my other thread "Favorite attractions at the park - (top 5)" I was hoping here for something different and forcing you to choose between your top attraction between all the parks and pick a favorite. Some people did that O well! haha. Thank you for the responses anyhow.

For those of you who like California Screamin' at DCA, you should go to Cedar Point and ride some real roller coasters. To me Screamin' is just a below mediocre roller coaster with some slight theming. I guess you have Knott's Berry in CA with a couple good coasters but not Cedar's Millenium Force though 310 foot high that will make California Screamin' into a soft whimper which is barely over 100 ft. Top speed California' 59 mph / Max speed on the millenium 93 Mph. Also, even though Screamin' is a rather long ride 2 min 36 sec, the millenium is equal to it 2 min 20 sec.
    If you like the launching to top speeds that screamin/rockin' does using a linear motor, then ride the maverick, which has two launches up to 70 MPH or the top thrill dragster which launches you over 120 mph.

California screamin' to me feels slow, cheesey with that music, and not near as smoothe as many of the coasters I've been on twice its size which are in no particular order in case you want to ride a "good coaster":
    Kennywood Park Pittsburgh - Revenge of the Phantom, Busch Gardens Williamsburg - Griffin' / Apollo's Charriot, King's Island Mason Ohio - the Diamondback, Cedar Point - Maverick (not really twice the size but a far superior ride)/Millenium Force/Magnum XL-200

Of course these aren't all the coasters I've been on, these are just the ones that in my opinion are far better than the California Screamin' and you'd probably like if you like california screamin'. I haven't been to Knott's or Six Flags. I've also been to Hershey in PA which has some good coasters, but none I'd put on this list other than the Faranheight which I have yet to ride. If you want a coaster like the california screamin' I could list one in every major coaster park in the US that is its equal, some with better theming. This is not a Disney quality ride. Knott's comparatively has the Xcelerator far taller and faster 205 ft. I'm sure Six Flags has some equally massive thrill rides.

I know some of you are thinking but Screamin' is supposed to portray an old boardwalk coaster made out of wood so it shouldn't be some huge / speed ride. Well I've road plenty of wooden coasters before as well, and Screamin is not a wooden coaster. It is no better a pretend wooden coaster than it is a steel coaster. Ride Ghostrider at Knott's if you want a good wooden coaster. (of course i never ridden it. It is just famous!)
    Some good wooden coasters that I'd suggest on the east coast:
    Kennywood Park - Jack Rabbit/Thunderbolt. King's Island - The Beast, Cedar Point - Gemini, Hershey Park, PA - The Comet, Coney Island, Brooklyn - The Cyclone. You get the picture.
    Last edited by Yackerz; 08-04-2010, 04:41 AM.

Leave a comment:

• ecdlanddude
    replied

DL: Pirates of the Caribbean
    DCA: California Screamin'
    MK: Splash Mountain
    EC: Spaceship Earth
    DS: Great Movie Ride
    DAK: Countdown to Extinction

Past-MK: Mr. Toad's Wild Ride

Leave a comment:

• TDLFAN
    replied

Eric, C'mon!!! Philharmagic? Best Ever?? Are you kidding us?? Hahahahaha! Doesn't speak highly of the MK's offerings when some of you feel a mediocre 3D film is the best this park can offer guests.

But, oooook..

Hmmm My favorites:

MK: If you had Wings
    EPCOT: Horizons
    DHS: One man's Dream
    DAK: Maharaja Jungle Trek

Internationally:
    DL: Alice in Wonderland
    DCA: CA Screaming
    TDL: Pooh's Hunny Hunt
    TDS: Journey to the Center of the Earth
    DLP: Pirates of the carribean
    WDSP: Cinemagique
    HKDL: Jungle River Cruise

The Least favs:
    MK: Country bears Jamboree
    EPCOT: Maelstrom
    DHS: Indy Stunt show.
    DAK: The entire Chester hester area.

Internationally:
    DL: Innoventions
    DCA: The entire Bug's Land.
    TDL: Captain EO
    TDS: Magical Lamp Theater
    DLP: Aladdin's Enchanted Passage
    WDSP;:that Cars spinner, whatever the name is..
    HKDL: Stitch Encounter.

Leave a comment:

• sportbettor
    replied

My choices are somewhat biased because a lot of the rides that are at both DL and WDW are not that special to me at WDW.

Magic Kingdom FAVORITE: Philharmagic
    Magic Kingdom WORST: Stitch

Hollywood Studios FAVORITE: Lights Motors Action
    Hollywood Studios WORST: Sounds Dangerous

Epcot FAVORITE: Innoventions (kinda cheating since there's so much stuff there)
    Epcot WORST: World Showcase in the Summer (so brutal walking around there we just skip it now)

Animal Kingdom FAVORITE: Nemo Musical
    Animal Kingdom WORST: Would probably be Primeval Whirl if I ever rode it. But since I haven't I'll say Dinosaur because it is terrible compared to Indy.

OVERALL FAVORITE: Finding Nemo Musical
    OVERALL WORST: Stitch

Leave a comment:

• KingEric
    replied

Magic Kingdom:
    All Time Favorite: Mickey's Philharmagic
    All Time LEAST Favorite: Enchanted Tiki Room: Under New Management

Epcot:
    All Time Favorite: Spaceship Earth
    All Time LEAST Favorite: The Circle of Life

Disney's Hollywood Studio
    All Time Favorite: The Great Movie Ride
    All Time LEAST Favorite: Sounds Dangerous

Disney's Animal Kingdom
    All Time Favorite: Festival of the Lion King
    All Time LEAST Favorite: Primeval Whirl

WDW ALL TIME FAVORITE: Festival of the Lion King
    WDW ALL TIME LEAST FAVORITE: Enchanted Tiki Room: Under New Management

Leave a comment:

• wumbology
    replied

Favorites are Haunted Mansion, Grand Fiesta Tour, It's a Small World, and Pirates of the Caribbean. In that order. Least favorite is Stitch's Great Escape. (I can stand Tiki Room and Laugh Floor. Imagination, barely.)

Leave a comment:

• Diznygrl
    replied

Magic Kingdom
    Favorite: Probably sounds crazy, but...TTA! :yea: Only because I miss having a Peoplemover type attraction at DL, so riding one at WDW makes me feel happy.
    Least favorite: Tiki Room Under New Management. NEVER AGAIN. :yuck:

EPCOT
    Favorite: Spaceship Earth
    Least Favorite: Journey Into Imagination. Unfortunately I never got a chance to experience the original version, just the current one. I've seen ride thru videos of the old JIA and I can't for the life of me comprehend why they completely destroyed what appeared to be a wonderful ride. :thumbdown

Hollywood Studios
    Favorite: The Great Movie Ride. Definitely needs updating, but still enjoyable.
    Least Favorite: Lights, Motors, Action! Okay, as if the Backlot Tour hasn't been slashed to bits enough over the years, the addition of this show made it worse! Now it feels like all you do on the tram is drive around the giant LMA! stadium. This show is also responsible for the removal of my beloved Golden Girls house.

Animal Kingdom
    Favorite: Expedition Everest
    Least Favorite: All the Chester and Hester crap.

Leave a comment:

• yoyoflamingo
    replied

Favorites: Splash Mountain, Living with the Land, Tower of Terror, Expedition Everest.

Least Favorites: Stitch's Great Escape, Honey I Shrunk the Audience/Captain EO, Backlot Tour, Festival of the Lion King.

Leave a comment:

• ralfrick
    replied

Splash, Mission Space, Dinosaur, Tower. Subject to change in the next few days; last visit was 2005.

I think that Sounds Dangerous is without question the worst attraction I've experienced at WDW.
    I'll add Tiki Room and Cap'n EO to that. Haven't seen enough of AK to really dislike anything, although Ches-n-Hes is unfortunate compared to the rest of the park
    A bientot.
    Last edited by ralfrick; 08-02-2010, 07:58 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Dustysage
    replied

Ok, I'll list a favorite and a least favorite for each of the parks:
    Favorite .........................Least Favorite
    Magic Kingdom .........Haunted mansion ...............Stitch Great Escape

Epcot .......................Spaceship Earth ................Circle of Life (inside the Land Pavilion)

Disney Studios .........Tower of Terror ..................Tram Tour

Animal Kingdom .......Safari ................................Planet Watch (Boring)

Leave a comment:

Working...
X