Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trip Report Aimster & Wonderpup's Epic Orlando Adventure Extravaganza-the Disney Bits

You can see the Universal Bits here:
    http://micechat.com/forums/universal...rsal-bits.html

And the non-theme park bits here:
    http://micechat.com/forums/other-the...park-bits.html

So our first night in Orlando, we went to Downtown Disney for dinner and general shenanigans.

Giant Tinker Toys (and dinner was at Earl of Sandwich)

Birds!

Scary Lego sea monster!

Ducks!

McDonald's is being transformed into Pollo Campero

Big balloon!

This guy was out between World of Disney & Ghirardelli doing some juggling with hats and stuff.

Stay tuned for EPCOT!
    Last edited by aimster; 08-02-2010, 10:45 AM.

Re: Aimster & Wonderpup's Epic Orlando Adventure Extravaganza-the Disney Bits

Ok and now...

EPCOT!

This view NEVER gets old.

Just after we entered the park, I saw Daisy was out by Spaceship Earth doing a meet & greet. But then further back off to the side all by himself was Stitch. He saw me & waved, so I waved back, then he hid behind a pillar thing and peeked out at me from behind it, so I ran over to the next pillar and hid behind it and peeked at him. We did that a few times, peeking out at each other. Was quite amusing. I love playing with the characters like that. So then I asked Stitch if I could get a photo of him with Wonderpup.

Then I wanted a photo with him and Stitch playfully pushed his minder out of the way, which was quite hilarious.

First order of business... CAPTAIN EO!

I love how the colors brought back the original feel of the Imagination Pavilion back a bit.

Then, something terrible happened... I dropped my camera during the EO preshow and it broke! The lens won't go back in (it was just a little point & shoot camera). ACK! At least I still had my iPhone, so the rest of the photos I took that day were with that.

Still awesome after all these years.

Wonderpup in 3D!

I enjoyed the "new" in theatre effects. I haven't seen Disneyland's version, but from what I've heard, Orlando got the better in-house stuff. I could have sworn I saw a laser once, but it was just probably my mind playing tricks on me.

I saw EO 4 times throughout the day. It easily could have been the only thing I did all day too, I enjoyed it that much. I kept wanting to get up and dance every time the music started up.

Had lunch at Sunshine Seasons at The Land. I was craving the turkey sandwich. Ummm... Epic Disney Sandwich FAIL! They changed my sandwich! It still has the chipotle mayo, but they changed the cheese from Muenster to Monterey Jack, and they added green pepper. Ummm... what? And the turkey wasn't as think sliced as before. I was not happy about that. Good thing Panera makes a version that almost identical to the original. I'll just stick with that from now on.

After lunch was Living With the Land (I love this little boat ride)

After that, I headed back towards the entrance as I had plans to meet up with Mice Age's own Kevin Yee and his family for the afternoon.

Off Kilter!

Love these guys!

Welcome to England!

Ran into some old friends

Morocco!

Our favorite duck

Goofy!

The new pizza place in Italy

One last visit with the Captain

And a spin on Spaceship Earth]

Between the rain in the afternoon and 4 days of walking, I was exhausted.

Bye EPCOT! It was fun!

THE END

Comment

Nice pictures! I actually saw you yesterday, at Off Kilter. I thought you looked familiar when you went up to take that picture of the band, because I've seen your pics on here before, and then I saw Wonderpup, so I was pretty sure. I was going to say something, but I don't post much on here, and you'd have no idea who I was! :shy: I didn't want to look like a weirdo!

Looks like you had a great time... Oh, and I'm an absolute EO fanatic, I see it around 4 times every weekend!
      ----------------------------------------

Jennifer

Comment

Awww you should have come up and said hi! Wonderpup loves meeting new people.

Comment

I need to borrow wonderpup and take him to Tokyo.

Comment

Originally posted by TDLFAN View Post
            I need to borrow wonderpup and take him to Tokyo.
            He'd probably love that, but I would die of jealousy.

Comment

Off-Kilter totally mugged for my camera, too. Flexing muscles and all....
              Kevin Yee
              MiceAge Columnist

I am the author of several Disney books:
              Jason's Disneyland Almanac - a daily history of Disneyland
              Walt Disney World Hidden History - tributes, homages, and ride remnants at WDW
              Your Day at the Magic Kingdom
              Mouse Trap
              Tokyo Disney Made Easy
              101 Things You Never Knew About Disneyland
              Magic Quizdom (The Disneyland Trivia Book)

“The press [should be] a watchdog. Not an attack dog. Not a lapdog. A watchdog. Now, a watchdog can't be right all the time. He doesn't bark only when he sees or smells something that's dangerous. A good watchdog barks at things that are suspicious.” – Dan Rather

Comment

they changed our sandwich???????

NOOOOOOOOOO!

Dang it.

I'm all pouty now. At least all the Disney (and Stitch) related fun cheered me up a bit.

Still mad about the sandwich, though.

Comment

Originally posted by KevinYee View Post
                  LOL! They sure did. I love those guys. They're total hams and a lot of fun.

Originally posted by Stitchy View Post
                  they changed our sandwich???????

NOOOOOOOOOO!

Dang it.

I'm all pouty now. At least all the Disney (and Stitch) related fun cheered me up a bit.

Still mad about the sandwich, though.
                  Oh I know. I was all sadclown. But like I said, Panera makes a version that's almost identical to how it used to be, so there's that at least.

Comment

Beware of the Off Kilter guys.. they are what we call in the hispanic countries "bonitillos". They will flash and dazzle you.. but all they want is.. a "mirror" where they can adore themselves in the am and pm of the day. Personally, I find the only reason why they are popular is because they wear skirts.

Comment

Originally posted by aimster View Post

Oh I know. I was all sadclown. But like I said, Panera makes a version that's almost identical to how it used to be, so there's that at least.
                      well, thats one good thing about living in this wind blowing hot seat called Oklahoma. At least there's a panera. The next time I'm having a craving, I'll head over there in search for said sandwich.

Comment

Beware of the Off Kilter guys.. they are what we call in the hispanic countries "bonitillos". They will flash and dazzle you.. but all they want is.. a "mirror" where they can adore themselves in the am and pm of the day. Personally, I find the only reason why they are popular is because they wear skirts.
                        I could care less about the kilts. I think the music is pretty dang good. They're talented musicians. And come on, ALL musicians are prima donnas in some form or another (my BF is a musician and I've hung around a lot of musicians over the last 9 years, I know ALL too well how their attitudes can be).

Originally posted by Stitchy View Post
                        well, thats one good thing about living in this wind blowing hot seat called Oklahoma. At least there's a panera. The next time I'm having a craving, I'll head over there in search for said sandwich.
                        It's called the Sierra Turkey Sandwich at Panera (it has red/purple onion on it instead of cheese, but it's still nummy!).

Comment

Originally posted by KevinYee View Post
                          I saw that, too! Cracked me up.

Huh. I've known most of the Off Kilter guys for a handful of years now, and I've always found them to be very kind and sweet people. I don't care about the fact they wear kilts, either. They are great musicians and play really fun music.
                          ----------------------------------------

Jennifer

Comment

Thank you for that great report, Aimster and Wonderpup!

I take it this was Wonderpup's first time seeing Captain EO? Also Tokyo may be a bit far away from home but how about San Diego Comic Con next year?

Comment

Originally posted by brand42 View Post
                              Thank you for that great report, Aimster and Wonderpup!

I take it this was Wonderpup's first time seeing Captain EO? Also Tokyo may be a bit far away from home but how about San Diego Comic Con next year?
                              Yeah Wonderpup wasn't around when Captain EO had its first run. It could easily have been the only thing I did all day and would have been happy... nothing but Captain EO.

Comic Con? Not really into the bulk of all that stuff (probably because one of my ex's was way into that stuff and crammed it down my throat for several years... so it's something I just mentally detached myself from when we split up), but I do like reading the trip reports of those who have gone.

Comment

Love the photo report and especially theses ones from Captain EO . I love Captain EO every time i go to the park here in Paris i try to see Captain EO .

Thanks for Sharing !!!! Merci !
                                HKDL : Done !!!

Comment

I wish I had seen EO a couple more times before I left, but between the rain that afternoon, being exhausted after 4 whirlwind days in Orlando and a 90 minute drive home to look forward to, I just couldn't do it.

Comment

Looks like you and Wonderpup had a wonderful trip! Not sure who Stitch liked better - you or Wonderpup, lol.
                                    I look forward to hearing and seeing more adventures from the two of you in the future!
                                    Press today is so concerned with cool vs. not cool that they're starting to forget good vs. bad. I'm not sure I'll ever be "cool", but I will always tirelessly strive to be "great". - Josh Groban

Comment

i dunno i just keep thinking those off kilter guys aren't paid any where near to what they probably should be paid...i mean they are wearing kilts, i dunno maybe they like kilts(maybe)
                                      Hey look, I have a flickr!!!
                                      I just started so all constructive criticism is appreciated
                                      http://www.flickr.com/photos/canhasal/

:bow:Aladdin A Musical Spectacular:bow:
                                      show count: 133 times

Comment

Originally posted by aimster View Post
                                        (probably because one of my ex's was way into that stuff and crammed it down my throat for several years... so it's something I just mentally detached myself from when we split up),
                                        O_O

(i read that out of context at first)

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
                                        http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
                                        http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Comment

Working...
                                        X