• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aimster & Wonderpup's Epic Orlando Adventure Extravaganza-the Disney Bits

You can see the Universal Bits here:
    http://micechat.com/forums/universal...rsal-bits.html

And the non-theme park bits here:
    http://micechat.com/forums/other-the...park-bits.html

So our first night in Orlando, we went to Downtown Disney for dinner and general shenanigans.

Giant Tinker Toys (and dinner was at Earl of Sandwich)

Birds!

Scary Lego sea monster!

Ducks!

McDonald's is being transformed into Pollo Campero

Big balloon!

This guy was out between World of Disney & Ghirardelli doing some juggling with hats and stuff.

Stay tuned for EPCOT!
    Last edited by aimster; 08-02-2010, 10:45 AM.

• aimster
    replied
    Re: Aimster & Wonderpup's Epic Orlando Adventure Extravaganza-the Disney Bits

Originally posted by canhasal View Post
    i dunno i just keep thinking those off kilter guys aren't paid any where near to what they probably should be paid...i mean they are wearing kilts, i dunno maybe they like kilts(maybe)
    They play gigs outside of EPCOT too. They've even come to my neck of the woods and have played at the Dunedin Highlander Festival thingy in the past with other Celtic bands like Brother and Seven Nations.

Leave a comment:

• Coheteboy
    replied

Originally posted by aimster View Post
    (probably because one of my ex's was way into that stuff and crammed it down my throat for several years... so it's something I just mentally detached myself from when we split up),
    O_O

(i read that out of context at first)

Leave a comment:

• canhasal
    replied

i dunno i just keep thinking those off kilter guys aren't paid any where near to what they probably should be paid...i mean they are wearing kilts, i dunno maybe they like kilts(maybe)

Leave a comment:

• Joshrzmeup
    replied

Looks like you and Wonderpup had a wonderful trip! Not sure who Stitch liked better - you or Wonderpup, lol.
    I look forward to hearing and seeing more adventures from the two of you in the future!

Leave a comment:

• aimster
    replied

I wish I had seen EO a couple more times before I left, but between the rain that afternoon, being exhausted after 4 whirlwind days in Orlando and a 90 minute drive home to look forward to, I just couldn't do it.

Leave a comment:

• DLRP_bopazot
    replied

Love the photo report and especially theses ones from Captain EO . I love Captain EO every time i go to the park here in Paris i try to see Captain EO .

Thanks for Sharing !!!! Merci !

Leave a comment:

• aimster
    replied

Originally posted by brand42 View Post
    Thank you for that great report, Aimster and Wonderpup!

I take it this was Wonderpup's first time seeing Captain EO? Also Tokyo may be a bit far away from home but how about San Diego Comic Con next year?
    Yeah Wonderpup wasn't around when Captain EO had its first run. It could easily have been the only thing I did all day and would have been happy... nothing but Captain EO.

Comic Con? Not really into the bulk of all that stuff (probably because one of my ex's was way into that stuff and crammed it down my throat for several years... so it's something I just mentally detached myself from when we split up), but I do like reading the trip reports of those who have gone.

Leave a comment:

• brand42
    replied

Thank you for that great report, Aimster and Wonderpup!

I take it this was Wonderpup's first time seeing Captain EO? Also Tokyo may be a bit far away from home but how about San Diego Comic Con next year?

Leave a comment:

• LucyintheSky
    replied

Originally posted by KevinYee View Post
    Off-Kilter totally mugged for my camera, too. Flexing muscles and all....
    I saw that, too! Cracked me up.

Originally posted by TDLFAN View Post
    Beware of the Off Kilter guys.. they are what we call in the hispanic countries "bonitillos". They will flash and dazzle you.. but all they want is.. a "mirror" where they can adore themselves in the am and pm of the day. Personally, I find the only reason why they are popular is because they wear skirts.
    Huh. I've known most of the Off Kilter guys for a handful of years now, and I've always found them to be very kind and sweet people. I don't care about the fact they wear kilts, either. They are great musicians and play really fun music.

Leave a comment:

• aimster
    replied

Beware of the Off Kilter guys.. they are what we call in the hispanic countries "bonitillos". They will flash and dazzle you.. but all they want is.. a "mirror" where they can adore themselves in the am and pm of the day. Personally, I find the only reason why they are popular is because they wear skirts.
    I could care less about the kilts. I think the music is pretty dang good. They're talented musicians. And come on, ALL musicians are prima donnas in some form or another (my BF is a musician and I've hung around a lot of musicians over the last 9 years, I know ALL too well how their attitudes can be).

Originally posted by Stitchy View Post
    well, thats one good thing about living in this wind blowing hot seat called Oklahoma. At least there's a panera. The next time I'm having a craving, I'll head over there in search for said sandwich.
    It's called the Sierra Turkey Sandwich at Panera (it has red/purple onion on it instead of cheese, but it's still nummy!).

Leave a comment:

• Stitchy
    replied

Originally posted by aimster View Post

Oh I know. I was all sadclown. But like I said, Panera makes a version that's almost identical to how it used to be, so there's that at least.
    well, thats one good thing about living in this wind blowing hot seat called Oklahoma. At least there's a panera. The next time I'm having a craving, I'll head over there in search for said sandwich.

Leave a comment:

• TDLFAN
    replied

Leave a comment:

• aimster
    replied

Originally posted by KevinYee View Post
    LOL! They sure did. I love those guys. They're total hams and a lot of fun.

Originally posted by Stitchy View Post
    they changed our sandwich???????

NOOOOOOOOOO!

Dang it.

I'm all pouty now. At least all the Disney (and Stitch) related fun cheered me up a bit.

Still mad about the sandwich, though.
    Oh I know. I was all sadclown. But like I said, Panera makes a version that's almost identical to how it used to be, so there's that at least.

Leave a comment:

• Stitchy
    replied

they changed our sandwich???????

NOOOOOOOOOO!

Dang it.

I'm all pouty now. At least all the Disney (and Stitch) related fun cheered me up a bit.

Still mad about the sandwich, though.

Leave a comment:

• KevinYee
    replied

Leave a comment:

• aimster
    replied

I need to borrow wonderpup and take him to Tokyo.
    He'd probably love that, but I would die of jealousy.

Leave a comment:

• TDLFAN
    replied

I need to borrow wonderpup and take him to Tokyo.

Leave a comment:

• aimster
    replied

Awww you should have come up and said hi! Wonderpup loves meeting new people.

Leave a comment:

• LucyintheSky
    replied

Nice pictures! I actually saw you yesterday, at Off Kilter. I thought you looked familiar when you went up to take that picture of the band, because I've seen your pics on here before, and then I saw Wonderpup, so I was pretty sure. I was going to say something, but I don't post much on here, and you'd have no idea who I was! :shy: I didn't want to look like a weirdo!

Looks like you had a great time... Oh, and I'm an absolute EO fanatic, I see it around 4 times every weekend!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X