This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Spectromagic MKvsDCA

I have heard a few rumors and questions about Spectromagic being moved to DCA after refurb. Do you think it should stay at MK or go to DCA?
    Magic Kingdom
    61.11%
    Disney California Adventure
    38.89%

Re: Spectromagic MKvsDCA

As long we Florida is keeping the Electrical Parade, sure!

Comment

Where is Spectromagic right now anyway?
      Marquis d'Bod of the RCMC... always and forever

Comment

Spectro is in MK right now getting a BIG refub, because now that they have the Electrical Parade and can finaly give Spectro a refub
        "Fish are friends! NOT food!"
        ~Finding Nemo

Comment

Eh... I kind of think that the Magic Kingdom needs SpectroMagic more right now.
          -Hale (wumbology)

a.k.a. h2mc, omnimover.mousetalgia, omnimover, wumbology, hogbackmtn, hhmcsharry, Hale M., h2m, h2mc

(I've never visited Disneyland Resort, Tokyo Disney Resort, Disneyland Resort Paris, nor Hong Kong Disneyland Resort, so don't be fooled when I pretend to know what I'm talking about. [But I'm pretty good with the information, if I do say so myself. And you can hit me all you want with Walt Disney World.])

Comment

As much as I love WDW, I think MSEP should be back at DL where it belongs and Spectro should get a good refurb.

Comment

Originally posted by wumbology View Post
              Eh... I kind of think that the Magic Kingdom needs SpectroMagic more right now.
              Why does MK need it more? Disneyland is without a proper parade and without a nighttime parade all together. When they lost Spectro to refurb they gained MSEP...and now its staying for an open ended run, leaving DCA and Disneyland with nada (though they do have the fabulous World of Color...but its not a parade).

If MK is going to keep MSEP for awhile....send Spectro over, share the magic. If MSEP is coming back in the near future (before Spectro rehab is done) then keep Spectro and send back MSEP!!!!

Just my opinion .... I just want a good parade back in California ... can't wait to see Soundsational....2 years without a proper parade has been killer!
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by j2249 View Post
                As much as I love WDW, I think MSEP should be back at DL where it belongs and Spectro should get a good refurb.
                Oh God.. here we go again..
                If i am being forced to choose between SpectroTragic and the MSEP... I would have go to with MSEP most definitely. At least the dated original holds more charm and magic and it's pure Disney, as opposed to Spectro, which to me is an Eisner tribute. Spectro was very cutting edge when it premiered in 1992, but quickly was outdated by TDL's Fantillusion (now in Paris), which was quickly over taken by TDL's current extravaganza Dreamlights... and you can see here why, as much as the original MSEP belongs in DLR, it should be retired for good. Plus giving a good refurbishing to Spectro or MSRP is like putting more frosting on a stale cake. Refurbishing Spectro (just like adding those swirly gold accents to MSEP) do not bring it up to the standards now being offered to Tokyo guests with Dreamlights. Sorry.
                We should be seeing THIS in the US parks, so watch below and see why we are all being ripped off and denied of a true spectacular and cutting edge night time parade in the USA (and HK for that matter)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNPNyGKJug0"]YouTube - Tokyo Disneyland Electrical Parade Dreamlights Pt. 1 of 5[/ame]

HECK!!! Even the Starlight Magical Parade at Universal Japan channels the original MSEP with some 21st century state of the art magic and its a shame that even Disney was undercut by Universal japan's efforts here, just watch!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXQGFh2Xm4c&feature=related"]YouTube- USJ ???????????????? 1/3(Elmo?Alice)?Magical Starlight Parade?[/ame]

RETIRE MSEP AND SPECTRO FOR GOOD AND GIVES US DREAMLIGHTS AT WDW AND DISNEYLAND NOW!!!!
                Last edited by TDLFAN; 08-04-2010, 08:18 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by TDLFAN View Post
                  Oh God.. here we go again..
                  If i am being forced to choose between SpectroTragic and the MSEP... I would have go to with MSEP most definitely. At least the dated original holds more charm and magic and it's pure Disney, as opposed to Spectro, which to me is an Eisner tribute. Spectro was very cutting edge when it premiered in 1992, but quickly was outdated by TDL's Fantillusion (now in Paris), which was quickly over taken by TDL's current extravaganza Dreamlights... and you can see here why, as much as the original MSEP belongs in DLR, it should be retired for good.
                  We should be seeing THIS in the US parks, so watch below and see why we are all being ripped off and denied of a true spectacular and cutting edge night time parade in the USA (and HK for that matter)

YouTube - Tokyo Disneyland Electrical Parade Dreamlights Pt. 1 of 5

RETIRE MSEP AND SPECTRO FOR GOOD AND GIVES US DREAMLIGHTS AT WDW AND DISNEYLAND NOW!!!!
                  Dreamlights is simply magic. The people of Japan are lucky to have the BEST night parade on earth.

Comment

Originally posted by TimmyTimmyTimmy View Post
                    Dreamlights is simply magic. The people of Japan are lucky to have the BEST night parade on earth.
                    Thanks TTT, this is why I have to reach for the barf bag every time I hear/read people gushing over the MSEP and Spectro. Those parades were nice, but they are done and outdated. RIP for both of them please!
                    And Timmy, you need to check out USJ's Starlight Parade. It was awesome.

Comment

I think that one of the parades needs to go to the resort. However, I think the best choice is to put SpectroMagic in DCA. The park's parades could use switching up after a few years of World of Color. Disneyland will be getting Soundsational and with Fantasmic! and Magical the park is already busy at night. Plus, the Magic Kingdom seems to want to hold onto the Main Street Electrical Parade. Let's just hope they change the drum lighting at some point...

Comment

Originally posted by ThanksRichard View Post
                        Why does MK need it more? Disneyland is without a proper parade and without a nighttime parade all together. When they lost Spectro to refurb they gained MSEP...and now its staying for an open ended run, leaving DCA and Disneyland with nada (though they do have the fabulous World of Color...but its not a parade).

If MK is going to keep MSEP for awhile....send Spectro over, share the magic. If MSEP is coming back in the near future (before Spectro rehab is done) then keep Spectro and send back MSEP!!!!
                        When does Disneyland have their evening parade, like, 6:00? The Magic Kingdom has theirs at 9, and sometimes another show at 11. While Disneyland has their fireworks and Fantasmic, the nighttime parade at the Magic Kingdom has to anchor the nighttime entertainment alone with the fireworks. Maybe it's just me, but I feel like SpectroMagic, (especially a renewed one,) is a grander spectacle than the smaller-scale and older Main Street Electrical Parade.
                        -Hale (wumbology)

a.k.a. h2mc, omnimover.mousetalgia, omnimover, wumbology, hogbackmtn, hhmcsharry, Hale M., h2m, h2mc

(I've never visited Disneyland Resort, Tokyo Disney Resort, Disneyland Resort Paris, nor Hong Kong Disneyland Resort, so don't be fooled when I pretend to know what I'm talking about. [But I'm pretty good with the information, if I do say so myself. And you can hit me all you want with Walt Disney World.])

Comment

Send DL Spectro
                          Marquis d'Bod of the RCMC... always and forever

Comment

Leave it at Magic Kingdom. We had the sad misfortune to see it while we were in FL last summer, and that was the creepiest parade I've ever seen. I still have nightmares about it. *shudders*
                            Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by sunnygirl View Post
                              Leave it at Magic Kingdom. We had the sad misfortune to see it while we were in FL last summer, and that was the creepiest parade I've ever seen. I still have nightmares about it. *shudders*
                              your not alone. I gave SpectroMagic *2* chances to win me over (once in '96 and again in '02 i hope w/ this refurb it gets not only new floats (supposedly thye majority of the floats will be brand new ) but also a NEW souyndtrack,

Comment

It is an odd an unusual parade. I worked that parade as a costumer during my internship down there and it was an absolute nightmare. The costumes are lighted with these heavily out of date battery packs and the wiring is incredibly complicated. The performers were probably the most unpleasant bunch of people I ever had to assist. The worst was that they had me in training during the holidays. My training was cut short on Christmas because all the more experience costumers and managers were taking the day off so we were completely understaffed.

I really hope at the very least that SpectroMagic gets new costumes with lighter weight batteries and less complicated wiring.

Comment

Working...
                                X