Announcement

Collapse

Reminder

It is against MiceChat's rules to promote any violations of Disney's rules. Members who choose to brag about breaking Disney's rules, or who encourage others to break Disney rules, will be immediately banned. There will be no exceptions.
See more
See less

Price Increases as Thursday, Aug. 2nd!

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News Price Increases as Thursday, Aug. 2nd!

Got this from the mousesavers newsletter as many other people I am sure also did. Anyhow, let us comment on the real price increases for this year.
    Sorry. I did not edit out the DL stuff. They seem to already have a thread devoted to that topic. Also, in this thread I meant to put the word "as of" in the subject instead of just as!
    Ok here is just a copy and paste from the newsletter.

"Ticket Prices WILL Go Up on Thursday

Disney has confirmed that both Walt Disney World and Disneyland (California) ticket prices will go up on Thursday, August 5.

For Walt Disney World base tickets, prices will go up by $3-$22, depending on length. The Park Hopper Option is going up to $54 plus tax (currently $52). Water Park Fun & More Option is going up to $54 plus tax (currently $52). The No Expiration Option is jumping by a huge amount on some tickets - see new vs. old costs here: MouseSavers.com - Disney Ticket Price Increase CONFIRMED

If you want to avoid the price increase, Walt Disney World Magic Your Way tickets won't expire until you start using them, so you can buy them years in advance if you wish. For great prices on Disney World tickets, check out Undercover Tourist: MouseSavers.com - Disney World Ticket Discount Info - Save on DisneyWorld Tickets

For Disneyland, prices will go up $2-$10 on adult tickets, $6-$15 on kids’ tickets.

Regular Disneyland (California) tickets currently being sold are valid for first use by January 3, 2011. If you're traveling before that time, you can get discounted prices on your tickets from ARES Travel: MouseSavers.com - Discounts on Disneyland Tickets & Passes

If you will start using your Disneyland (California) tickets by September 30, 2010, there is a special offer ("2 Days FREE" – visit MouseSavers.com - Discounts on Disneyland Tickets & Passes for details). Tickets for that offer must be purchased by September 1. Based on past experience, the price of the special "2 Days FREE" tickets will probably NOT go up with the regular tickets, so you don't need to buy them early.

Annual Passes at both Walt Disney World and Disneyland will go up at the same time as other tickets, so if you're thinking of buying an Annual Pass voucher, consider doing it now. And if you're within your Annual Pass renewal period (30 days on either side of expiration), this is the time to renew."
    Last edited by Yackerz; 08-03-2010, 08:19 PM.
    Hoping to raise enough money to go to DL from Pennsylvania with my wife for our 5 year anniversary. (We went there on our honeymoon!)

If you would like to contribute to the cause for a relatively poor private school teacher. Please private message me. I'd be very thankful.

Re: Price Increases as Thursday, Aug. 2nd!

Originally posted by Yackerz View Post
    Got this from the mousesavers newsletter as many other people I am sure also did. Anyhow, let us comment on the real price increases for this year.
    Sorry. I did not edit out the DL stuff. They seem to already have a thread devoted to that topic. Also, in this thread I meant to put the word "as of" in the subject instead of just as!
    Ok here is just a copy and paste from the newsletter.

"Ticket Prices WILL Go Up on Thursday

Disney has confirmed that both Walt Disney World and Disneyland (California) ticket prices will go up on Thursday, August 5.

For Walt Disney World base tickets, prices will go up by $3-$22, depending on length. The Park Hopper Option is going up to $54 plus tax (currently $52). Water Park Fun & More Option is going up to $54 plus tax (currently $52). The No Expiration Option is jumping by a huge amount on some tickets - see new vs. old costs here: MouseSavers.com - Disney Ticket Price Increase CONFIRMED

If you want to avoid the price increase, Walt Disney World Magic Your Way tickets won't expire until you start using them, so you can buy them years in advance if you wish. For great prices on Disney World tickets, check out Undercover Tourist: MouseSavers.com - Disney World Ticket Discount Info - Save on DisneyWorld TicketsMouseSavers.com - Discounts on Disneyland Tickets & PassesMouseSavers.com - Discounts on Disneyland Tickets & Passes for details). Tickets for that offer must be purchased by September 1. Based on past experience, the price of the special "2 Days FREE" tickets will probably NOT go up with the regular tickets, so you don't need to buy them early.

Annual Passes at both Walt Disney World and Disneyland will go up at the same time as other tickets, so if you're thinking of buying an Annual Pass voucher, consider doing it now. And if you're within your Annual Pass renewal period (30 days on either side of expiration), this is the time to renew."
    Well personally my favorite place is Orlando Fun Tickets... ;-)
    Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

Comment

SPAM^^^
      __________________________________________________ ________________

Here is another link to the news...

Disney To Increase Ticket Prices - Local News - Orlando, FL - News - msnbc.com

While I can see why DLR should raise prices, since it is a more quality oriented and overall much better operation over WDW, what justifies WDW to raise prices at this time? They are offering nothing new or spectacular to reflect the price.

Where are the varied high quality parades and castle shows? the special events at regular day prices? parks that do not have shuttered areas (Adventureland Veranda/Odyssey Restaurant)? cutting edge technoligy (such as TDL Hunny hunt track systems etc)? upmost quality and maintenance in theme and execution? parks staffed in very high numbers and with quality CMs who go way way beyond their duties?.... because that is what I get in Tokyo for a mere $62 a day.. So again i ask, what justifies WDW to charge $82 plus tax for a single day at any of their substandard parks?

Anyone? Bueller?

Comment

Originally posted by TDLFAN View Post
        SPAM^^^

While I can see why DLR should raise prices, since it is a more quality oriented and overall much better operation over WDW, what justifies WDW to raise prices at this time? They are offering nothing new or spectacular to reflect the price.

Where are the varied high quality parades and castle shows? the special events at regular day prices? parks that do not have shuttered areas (Adventureland Veranda/Odyssey Restaurant)? cutting edge technoligy (such as TDL Hunny hunt track systems etc)? upmost quality and maintenance in theme and execution? parks staffed in very high numbers and with quality CMs who go way way beyond their duties?.... because that is what I get in Tokyo for a mere $62 a day.. So again i ask, what justifies WDW to charge $82 plus tax for a single day at any of their substandard parks?

Anyone? Bueller?
        lol

Comment

Hey I used Orlando Fun Tickets last week when I got my admission for Universal and they were great. My hotel was just across the parking lot from them too.

Comment

Here's the breakdown for locals on the AP's:

FL Resident Premium AP - 531.44 Adult - 479.25 Child
            FL Resident Annual Pass - 403.64 Adult - 364.23 Child
            FL Resident Seasonal Pass - 275.84 Adult - 249.21 Child
            FL Resident Week Day Select Pass - 185.31 Adult - 167.21 Child
            FL Resident Epcot After 4 P.M. Pass - 153.36 Adult - 138.45 Child

I am going to buy a Seasonal instead of an AP this year but if they keep this up I may just skip it all together and buy the Play 4 Days pass if it becomes available. It's not that I can't afford it, Disney is just pricing themselves out of my value vs cost comfort zone.

Comment

Originally posted by SummerInFL View Post
              I am going to buy a Seasonal instead of an AP this year but if they keep this up I may just skip it all together and buy the Play 4 Days pass if it becomes available. It's not that I can't afford it, Disney is just pricing themselves out of my value vs cost comfort zone.
              As someone who has never purchased a ticket into WDW, and for the first time is going to have to, I have been debating if the value is really there.

If I get any AP it will be the Premium, but I am trying to figure out if I will get my money's worth.

Comment

Originally posted by TDLFAN View Post
                SPAM^^^

Anyone? Bueller?
                Fair point especial since the cost of living for employees etc is probably higher there than in the Orlando area. With no tipping in Japan I'm sure the compensation for the CM's is better to say the least. The only things that I can think of are:

1) is operational cost higher due to older equipment or just the sheer size of the property at WDW vrs TDL? Transpotation cost alone with all those buses has to take it's toll vrs the one monorail at TDL. DME and all has to add to the overhead as well all of which they pass on to everyone.

2) Front Loading - From what I can see the tickets at TDL are not as heavily front loaded as the ones at WDW are, and are offered for 4 days max vs 10 days max. So if you look at the cost of the base tickets for the max # of days price per day WDW is a bit cheaper per day at 10 days out (~$28/day/adult) than TDL at 4 days (~43.50/day/adult) Yes at 4 days each TDL is much cheaper (WDW at 4 days base ticket will run you $61.75/adult/day) but at WDW they want you to stay longer, see (and spend) more during that time.

So I guess I have to agree with what your saying but I find it hard to do an apples to apples comparison between TDL and WDW to be honest they are 2 different destinations with different scopes and different target audiences. A better comparison in my mind would be DisneyLand and TDL as they both have 2 parks with more attractions per park, far fewer hotels on property and no DME or mass transit system to add to the operational costs.

I guess what it really boils down to is this: would you be willing to pay more (a lot more probably) to see a WDW with TDL level of quality and service? For me the answer would be a "yes of course!" and I'm sure a lot of people out there would agree, but with the prices already out of reach for a lot of people and Disney complaining about having to offer discounts to keep park attendance up I don't see that happening. I have a unique perspective on this somewhat as I deal with people almost daily who want to go but simply cannot afford to go even with the discounts, the ticket prices have almost doubled in the past decade alone ($46 for a base ticket in 2000 to $82 today) Has the average income doubled in that time period? Sadly we all know the answer to that one!

Which brings us back to your point TDLfan, yes TDL is wonderful and arguably the best of all the parks out there in many respects, however, when you add the airfare into the picture vrs flying domestic most of us will never get to see it and will be happy to visit WDW on a regular basis. Look at the bulk of the WDW regulars most of them have never been to Cali yet either, number one reason, airfare costs. If they won't drop an extra grand per person to fly to the west coast they certainly will not drop an extra 2 or more to fly to Tokyo. Sorry.
                Hi I'm Jerren and I'm a Disneyholic...

Comment

Working...
                X