X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Via Napoli

Originally posted by TDLFAN View Post
    My user title is all about the money...they are not willing to spend to improve your theme park experiences. If it was about the money they want to get from YOU, then you would not get the free dining plan, or the many discounts available to those who stay on property, or about AP discounts, which are there for us APers to use but hardly ever need to take adavntage of.
    I wasn't presuming to know what your user title was a reference to, I was merely pointing out that the reason for the discounts is ultimately a profit motive on Disney's part (as is the reason for not spending as much as they should to keep the parks up to the standards they need to). I'm sorry, but the discounts are about the money they're trying to get from us. They would not offer discounts if they didn't believe that it ultimately resulted in more of our money going to Disney one way or another. They're taking a loss on dining because they think it will result in more revenue being generated elsewhere than they believe they will lose by giving away dining. I already enumerated all the ways that discounts can generate additional revenue for Disney in my previous comment.
    I knew if this business was ever to get anywhere, if this business was ever to grow, it could never do it by having to answer to someone unsympathetic to its possibilities, by having to answer to someone with only one thought or interest, namely profits. For my idea of how to make profits has differed greatly from those who generally control businesses such as ours. I have blind faith in the policy that quality, tempered with good judgment and showmanship, will win against all odds.
    -Walt Disney

sigpic

Comment

I understand your point of view quite well and agree with some of it. But I would like to know exactly how much profit is WDW making by discounting almost everything they do now a days? I thought it was discussed on micechat before that while attendance is up (due to those freebies and perks) the profits are not that high, if at all...

Comment

Anyways...
        I went back to EPCOT today and I am happy to report that the Poseidon fountain in front of Via Napoli is back up and operational. So nice to see them keeping the nice fixtures working as they should be, always.

I also noticed some new directional signs at the main entrance bridge into World Showcase.. nice touch with decent theming to them. McDonald's fries are no longer being sold at the kiosk near Canada, with new food options now available, such as empanadas with beef etc. Construction continues outside Mexico for the new La Hacienda de San Angel restaurant complex. I am pleased with the small themed touches I see on this building and can't wait to see the walls come down and see the final result. Also in Mexico, the new themed meet and greet area outside the pavillion is nicely themed as well. Donald was doing duty there this afternoon. Love the mayan touches they have applied there. or are they Aztecan touches? Some small construction is also being performed just outside the gates, by the monorail station.. Not much else new happening at EPCOT Center... But it was an enjoyable walk around the lagoon.

Comment

Ok.... I just went Via Napoli for Lunch.

Individual Pizza was $16. This "Individual" Could have served 2. The medium say it serves 2-3, I would say 3-4. The $36 "Large" is 1/2 a Meter long. I saw one come out of the over and each quarter was done in a different style. So each person pretty much got there own personal pizza for 9 bucks. $36 / 4. That said.... I would say this "Large Pizza really could serve 5-6.

So I thought so before, but even more so now, that its really not all the over price, at least not for a theme park. I agree with Kevin Yee's review of the food and atmosher except he missed one thing... the HOT HOT HOTTTT servers. So much eye candy in there! The only thing hotter were the ovens!

Which by the way, they three are all the same temp, they need three to keep up with the demand. Each is named after an active volcano. Or so I was told.

Enjoy!!!!

Comment

HOT HOT HOT SERVERS???? I will definitely need to eat there next time before TravisMt81 gets there or KingEric comes back from potatoland. Don't want to compete against the young guns.

But kidgenie.. maybe you have a small stomach? Individual pizza that can serve two?

Comment

well, I did eat one all by myself, but I had not apetizer or Salad. Had I had one or the other, I definately could have shared this "personal" pizza. When they say individual, do not think of the typical WDW or Pizza Hut at an airport Individual Pizza. Via Napoli's "individual" is like 3 times that size.

Comment

I would love to try one of those pizzas but my current workout/nutritional needs do not allow for fatty foods.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                Working...
                X