Announcement

Collapse
See more
See less

TTA Renamed

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • News TTA Renamed

    temp_39091_1443218350388_737

    Mike and Karen ran toward the old house, through the old iron gate, and onto the porch for protection. Protection...? If only they had known...

  • #2
    Re: TTA Renamed

    Yay. I can call them People Mover again! Not that I ever stopped.


    Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

    Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: TTA Renamed

      As I said in the other thread, I wonder why they've decided to make the name change just now? It was renovated last year, which would have seemed the right time to alter the name. There's not some anniversary or something they're acknowledging, is there?
      "A paradise for children--and for grownups, too. I don't know when I've had so much fun."-Richard Nixon on Disneyland

      Newest Post- Epcot 30x30: Club Cool

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: TTA Renamed

        I think that's a smart move from Disney (maybe the Imagineers?). Now the People Mover still lives on.

        So...what about you Disneyland? Oh, right you let trees grow all over your track and didn't invest money into it. Don't worry I understand.:thumbdown
        YouTube page: The Sorcerer's Lair

        "And so you see the magic isn't just in the animated characters, it's also in all of us"
        -Drawn to the Magic

        "Remember...dreams come true"
        -Julie Andrews

        "Some imagination, huh?"
        -Mickey Mouse

        "Dreams are make believe, till they all come true"
        -Fantasmic!

        "Believe me: this is one of the most exciting and challenging things that we've ever tackled at Walt Disney Enterprises"
        -Walt Disney.

        "Disney has helped bring out the magic in us. Now let's work together and help bring out the magic in others."
        -SorcererHero5571

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: TTA Renamed

          Originally posted by Disney Romantic View Post
          As I said in the other thread, I wonder why they've decided to make the name change just now? It was renovated last year, which would have seemed the right time to alter the name. There's not some anniversary or something they're acknowledging, is there?
          I see your point, better late than never.
          YouTube page: The Sorcerer's Lair

          "And so you see the magic isn't just in the animated characters, it's also in all of us"
          -Drawn to the Magic

          "Remember...dreams come true"
          -Julie Andrews

          "Some imagination, huh?"
          -Mickey Mouse

          "Dreams are make believe, till they all come true"
          -Fantasmic!

          "Believe me: this is one of the most exciting and challenging things that we've ever tackled at Walt Disney Enterprises"
          -Walt Disney.

          "Disney has helped bring out the magic in us. Now let's work together and help bring out the magic in others."
          -SorcererHero5571

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: TTA Renamed

            geesh I have heard of rebranding but this is getting rediculous. First we are concerned about fantasyland being too girly so we rebrand the carousel, and now we are rebranding the TTA? I think that disney can best spend their budgets somewhere else like bringing space mountain into the 21st century or getting rid of stitch.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: TTA Renamed

              Originally posted by princecharming View Post
              geesh I have heard of rebranding but this is getting rediculous. First we are concerned about fantasyland being too girly so we rebrand the carousel, and now we are rebranding the TTA? I think that disney can best spend their budgets somewhere else like bringing space mountain into the 21st century or getting rid of stitch.
              I wouldn't consider this re-branding. I've always heard people refering to it as the People Mover. I just see this as a tribute to the past. Could they have done better with Space Mountain. I'm sure they could've. I haven't been on it at WDW yet, so I'm not a fair judge of that (although I did hear that the budget took an axing to it).
              YouTube page: The Sorcerer's Lair

              "And so you see the magic isn't just in the animated characters, it's also in all of us"
              -Drawn to the Magic

              "Remember...dreams come true"
              -Julie Andrews

              "Some imagination, huh?"
              -Mickey Mouse

              "Dreams are make believe, till they all come true"
              -Fantasmic!

              "Believe me: this is one of the most exciting and challenging things that we've ever tackled at Walt Disney Enterprises"
              -Walt Disney.

              "Disney has helped bring out the magic in us. Now let's work together and help bring out the magic in others."
              -SorcererHero5571

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: TTA Renamed

                Originally posted by princecharming View Post
                geesh I have heard of rebranding but this is getting rediculous. First we are concerned about fantasyland being too girly so we rebrand the carousel, and now we are rebranding the TTA? I think that disney can best spend their budgets somewhere else like bringing space mountain into the 21st century or getting rid of stitch.
                "Rebranding," as you put it, of a ride takes a fraction of the budget of a major renovation, update, or new attraction. Heck, it's probably a rounding error comparatively. Changing the name requires changing some signage, updating the website, and changing the name in future printings of the park maps. I seriously doubt we're missing out on something better because they decided to acknowledge history, in this case, or change the carousel's name.
                "A paradise for children--and for grownups, too. I don't know when I've had so much fun."-Richard Nixon on Disneyland

                Newest Post- Epcot 30x30: Club Cool

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: TTA Renamed

                  It's been called the Tomorrowland Transit Authority Peoplemover since the new narration, but glad to hear it's now official.

                  Here's a link to a picture of it.

                  http://tweetphoto.com/37047970
                  Last edited by yoyoflamingo; 08-05-2010, 04:06 PM.
                  It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!









                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: TTA Renamed

                    Originally posted by Coheteboy View Post
                    Yay. I can call them People Mover again! Not that I ever stopped.
                    Same here. :lol:

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: TTA Renamed

                      Count me among those who always called it the PeopleMover anyway, so I'm glad that I'm vindicated, as it were.

                      So the WDW version was never referred to as the PeopleMover, until now?
                      My Micechat cruise trip report, Part 1:http://micechat.com/14795-disney-wonder/

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: TTA Renamed

                        Originally posted by BC_DisneyGeek View Post
                        So the WDW version was never referred to as the PeopleMover, until now?
                        Before being renamed the Tomorrowland Transit Authority, it was called the WEDway Peoplemover.

                        I don't like it. I like the stories of the Tomorrowland of 1994. This is just another example of Disney slowly giving up on those stories. At least you can still think you're in a futuristic city. Plus, the TTAP doesn't have the same ring to it as the TTA.
                        -Hale (wumbology)

                        a.k.a. h2mc, omnimover.mousetalgia, omnimover, wumbology, hogbackmtn, hhmcsharry, Hale M., h2m, h2mc

                        (I've never visited Disneyland Resort, Tokyo Disney Resort, Disneyland Resort Paris, nor Hong Kong Disneyland Resort, so don't be fooled when I pretend to know what I'm talking about. [But I'm pretty good with the information, if I do say so myself. And you can hit me all you want with Walt Disney World.])


                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: TTA Renamed

                          Originally posted by wumbology View Post
                          Before being renamed the Tomorrowland Transit Authority, it was called the WEDway Peoplemover.

                          I don't like it. I like the stories of the Tomorrowland of 1994. This is just another example of Disney slowly giving up on those stories. At least you can still think you're in a futuristic city. Plus, the TTAP doesn't have the same ring to it as the TTA.
                          I too miss the backstory of the TTA, but I don't think it's the new name that can be blamed for that. I think it's the new script that's at fault here.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: TTA Renamed

                            Honestly this name is the best of both worlds. There keeping the TTA name to maintain the deteriorated 1994 "New Tomorrowland" theme while also restoring the iconic name of the attraction (Peoplemover).

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: TTA Renamed

                              Originally posted by Ghostbuster626 View Post
                              Honestly this name is the best of both worlds. There keeping the TTA name to maintain the deteriorated 1994 "New Tomorrowland" theme while also restoring the iconic name of the attraction (Peoplemover).
                              At least the "New Tomorrowland" of 94' had cohesive theming.

                              I remember visiting in 96 and getting the whole space expo theming.

                              Time Keeper was at the Convention Center, Alien Encouterror was at the Expo, If I had wings just kind of fit, Carousel of Progress matched the whole expo theme, and the TTA took you around from pavilion to pavilion.

                              Now it is all gone. MILF, SGE, Buzz all killed the theming. Le sigh.
                              Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

                              Comment


                              • #16
                                Re: TTA Renamed

                                Originally posted by KingEric View Post
                                At least the "New Tomorrowland" of 94' had cohesive theming.
                                I'm definitely with ya on the loss of theming... But the name doesn't bother me at all. It makes sense.... It IS a PeopleMover...and it is run by the TTA... I see no problem with the name whatsoever.

                                Comment


                                • #17
                                  Re: TTA Renamed

                                  Originally posted by TriSarahtops View Post
                                  I'm definitely with ya on the loss of theming... But the name doesn't bother me at all. It makes sense.... It IS a PeopleMover...and it is run by the TTA... I see no problem with the name whatsoever.
                                  oh i don't either... everyone calls it the people mover, whenever I refer to it as the TTA people scratch their heads, and then I say people mover and they are like... oh yeah...

                                  So I am a big fan of the name change, I was mainly just venting about the overall theme of TL
                                  Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

                                  Comment


                                  • #18
                                    Re: TTA Renamed

                                    Originally posted by KingEric View Post
                                    oh i don't either... everyone calls it the people mover, whenever I refer to it as the TTA people scratch their heads, and then I say people mover and they are like... oh yeah...

                                    So I am a big fan of the name change, I was mainly just venting about the overall theme of TL

                                    It definitely has lost its theme.... It used to be my favorite Land as a kid..because I felt like I was going to a whole other place... Now its just kinda like "oh look over there, Buzz Lightyear...and Hey whats that? Something from the '64 Worlds Fair! Oh and there's a tiny blue alien..."

                                    Comment


                                    • #19
                                      Re: TTA Renamed

                                      So glad to hear my favorite attraction has gone back to its roots.

                                      My kids only know it as the People Mover anyway, or as my 10yr old puts it, "The Relaxing Ride". teehee

                                      Comment


                                      • #20
                                        Re: TTA Renamed

                                        Frankly, the whole land should under go a Roo-makeover to make the whole bit of themes work together. But good to see another step in the right direction.

                                        Peace,
                                        Roo
                                        husband, petowner, wordsmith, imagineer, martialist, playwright, traveller, ardent, wit, critic, barista, Taoist, superhero, fortuneteller, reader, fidget, teacher, dreamer, author, blogger, ghosthunter, voter, patient, bear, gourmand, Floridian, friend

                                        Comment

                                        Working...
                                        X