This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: TTA Renamed

Glad I took pictures of all the old signage. lol. More for Yesterland... err, world.

I prefer the new name. I never liked the "Blue Line" references everywhere. Some people even started calling it the "Blue Line." That annoyed the heck out of me.
    -Bill

Comment

At least the Space Mountain refurb added back a little bit of the 1994 theme. You win some, you lose some.
      -Hale (wumbology)

a.k.a. h2mc, omnimover.mousetalgia, omnimover, wumbology, hogbackmtn, hhmcsharry, Hale M., h2m, h2mc

(I've never visited Disneyland Resort, Tokyo Disney Resort, Disneyland Resort Paris, nor Hong Kong Disneyland Resort, so don't be fooled when I pretend to know what I'm talking about. [But I'm pretty good with the information, if I do say so myself. And you can hit me all you want with Walt Disney World.])

Comment

Yay! The peoplemover, that's what we've always called it too. My youngest one used to call it the "People-move-over"

Comment

I wish they would just re-do all of Tomorrowland and return it to the original design asthetic (that is still visible on COP, and the white portion of the Peoplemover track). If you don't remember what that was like the entryway was the same as that of Tokyo Disneyland with two towers flanking the entrance with water. To me, it just looked more futuristic than the way it looks today.

Comment

If they're going to keep going the way they're going, adding such generic and simple attractions like Stitch and MILF, than I'd rather they be in a more generically-themed land. That way they wouldn't clash with anything. All the way 1994, or all the way modern pre-1994. Pick a side, we're at war.
            -Hale (wumbology)

a.k.a. h2mc, omnimover.mousetalgia, omnimover, wumbology, hogbackmtn, hhmcsharry, Hale M., h2m, h2mc

(I've never visited Disneyland Resort, Tokyo Disney Resort, Disneyland Resort Paris, nor Hong Kong Disneyland Resort, so don't be fooled when I pretend to know what I'm talking about. [But I'm pretty good with the information, if I do say so myself. And you can hit me all you want with Walt Disney World.])

Comment

I'd prefer a Tomorrowland like a Space Port like in Hong Kong for WDW...
              -Bill

Comment

I think 1994 feel was lost when "Alien Encounter" scared guests for the last time.
                YouTube page: The Sorcerer's Lair

"And so you see the magic isn't just in the animated characters, it's also in all of us"
                -Drawn to the Magic

"Remember...dreams come true"
                -Julie Andrews

"Some imagination, huh?"
                -Mickey Mouse

"Dreams are make believe, till they all come true"
                -Fantasmic!

"Believe me: this is one of the most exciting and challenging things that we've ever tackled at Walt Disney Enterprises"
                -Walt Disney.

"Disney has helped bring out the magic in us. Now let's work together and help bring out the magic in others."
                -SorcererHero5571

Comment

I like the name change, but it does seem to collide head on with the weird, creepy, overly-exuberant, friendly narration that they added in the most recent narration. I hate hearing that boyish narration. I'm glad they've reinserted the 'Tom Morrow' reference, but the rest is too childish for Tomorrowland.
                  someday, when we are wiser,
                  when the world's older,
                  when we have learned

http://nicoleloveswalt.tumblr.com/

"It's kind of fun to do the i m p o s s i b l e ."
                  - Walt Disney

Comment

Originally posted by Disney Romantic View Post
                    As I said in the other thread, I wonder why they've decided to make the name change just now? It was renovated last year, which would have seemed the right time to alter the name. There's not some anniversary or something they're acknowledging, is there?
                    Budget. When you throw only $10 every other month at something, there is only so much you can afford within one-lifetime.

You should see the main entrance sign changed by 2023.

Comment

Originally posted by SorcererHero5571 View Post
                      I think 1994 feel was lost when "Alien Encounter" scared guests for the last time.
                      Maybe, but there still was the Timekeeper, the old TTA narration, and the other little details.

Originally posted by Bill View Post
                      I'd prefer a Tomorrowland like a Space Port like in Hong Kong for WDW...
                      I'd like that more than what we have now. The Imagineers attempts to re-create Discoveryland in Disneyland and, less-so, Disney World have failed miserably. However, I think Hong Kong Disneyland's Tomorrowland is beautiful, in a simple way, and the theme is not to constricting to clash with Disney Parks' apparent NEED to have attractions like Stitch's Great Escape and MILF.
                      -Hale (wumbology)

Comment

Originally posted by wumbology View Post
                        Maybe, but there still was the Timekeeper, the old TTA narration, and the other little details.

I'd like that more than what we have now. The Imagineers attempts to re-create Discoveryland in Disneyland and, less-so, Disney World have failed miserably. However, I think Hong Kong Disneyland's Tomorrowland is beautiful, in a simple way, and the theme is not to constricting to clash with Disney Parks' apparent NEED to have attractions like Stitch's Great Escape and MILF.
                        Agreed.

Timekeeper
                        sigpicNow the Tower of Sauron has fallen
                        Also, this picture and my Avatar was taken with a Nintendo DSi System and Nyko Magnification Lens & Case for DSi.

Comment

Oh please! It was always the Peoplemover and always will be no matter what they call it. I only use TTA when I'm talking to those who don't know Disney as well as us.
                          "Disneyland will never be complete as long as there is imagination left in the world" -Walt Disney

Comment

Working...
                          X