Announcement

Collapse

Reminder

It is against MiceChat's rules to promote any violations of Disney's rules. Members who choose to brag about breaking Disney's rules, or who encourage others to break Disney rules, will be immediately banned. There will be no exceptions.
See more
See less

"Low Cost Solution" for Animal Kingdom & maybe Epcot

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Idea] "Low Cost Solution" for Animal Kingdom & maybe Epcot

Often its discussed needing to add attractions for for Animal Kingdom with a the price of Beastly Kingdom being prohibitive.

The idea is a update to Camp Minnie & Mickey

Build out the area in a Fantasy Land style dark ride collection

featuring the following movies:

Bambi
    Jungle Book
    Lion King

or even

101 Dalmations
    Lady & the Tramp

Not all additions need to be "E" tickets five dark rides could be done for less than some incarnations of Splash or Expedition Everest

This increases park capacity and attractions, which in the long term may increase the viabilty for beastly kingdom being built beyond Everest and Finding Nemo.

Also wrapping that "lake" may make it a better location for Florida's version of a World of Color

You could also update World Showcase with some dark rides:

Mr Toad for England
    Ratouille for France
    Pinocchio for Italy
    Mulan for China

this would to some cheapen that portion The World Showcase, while in my opinoun it could make it more accesible for all groups

Re: "Low Cost Solution" for Animal Kingdom & maybe Epcot

I usually try to be pretty even keeled and realistic about Disney changes, but if they would shove in this many ill-fitting rides, I think I'd be leading the mob with pitchforks and torches. Animal Kingdom could use another ride or two, yes, but the focus should still be on the animals. Even Everest focuses on a "real" mythical animal, and the rapids ride emphasizes ecology. A bunch of low budget, movie based dark rides would just detract from the experience, even if it added to capacity.

World Showcase allows for many potential attractions already that aren't cost prohibitive (The Japan bullet train experience that's been brought up before, for one). If it was a tour of France's history guided by Remy, I guess I wouldn't mind, but the last thing either park needs is cheap, quick fixes. Those just create further problems in the future (see Superstar Limo).
    "A paradise for children--and for grownups, too. I don't know when I've had so much fun."-Richard Nixon on Disneyland

Newest Post- Epcot 30x30: Club Cool

Comment

Originally posted by Disney Romantic View Post
      I usually try to be pretty even keeled and realistic about Disney changes, but if they would shove in this many ill-fitting rides, I think I'd be leading the mob with pitchforks and torches. Animal Kingdom could use another ride or two, yes, but the focus should still be on the animals. Even Everest focuses on a "real" mythical animal, and the rapids ride emphasizes ecology. A bunch of low budget, movie based dark rides would just detract from the experience, even if it added to capacity.

World Showcase allows for many potential attractions already that aren't cost prohibitive (The Japan bullet train experience that's been brought up before, for one). If it was a tour of France's history guided by Remy, I guess I wouldn't mind, but the last thing either park needs is cheap, quick fixes. Those just create further problems in the future (see Superstar Limo).

I'm thinking that a collection of dark rides based on ANIMAL disney movies would fit with the Camp Minnie & Mickey theme or lack of theme

And adding a few dark rides to World Showcase might keep some kids happy enough for their parents to make it all the way around the lagoon

Comment

Originally posted by Bags deserves bett View Post
        I'm thinking that a collection of dark rides based on ANIMAL disney movies would fit with the Camp Minnie & Mickey theme or lack of theme

And adding a few dark rides to World Showcase might keep some kids happy enough for their parents to make it all the way around the lagoon
        The problem is, adding those dark rides to Camp Minnie Mickey doesn't give it more theme, it just turns it in to a low rent Fantasyland, completely out of place with the overall park. The fact that those movies feature animals doesn't except the fact they don't fit the park, and exacerbates the problem that already exists with Minnie Mickey being out of place. Not to mention I think it would be a terrible mistake to add several low quality attractions instead of one marquee attraction.

I don't argue about World Showcase using a few dark rides, but I definitely don't think it's necessary to make them film based to make them attractive to children. Not to mention the Kim Possible attraction has already improved the attention span of children in World Showcase.
        "A paradise for children--and for grownups, too. I don't know when I've had so much fun."-Richard Nixon on Disneyland

Comment

Originally posted by Bags deserves bett View Post
          Often its discussed needing to add attractions for for Animal Kingdom with a the price of Beastly Kingdom being prohibitive.

The idea is a update to Camp Minnie & Mickey

Build out the area in a Fantasy Land style dark ride collection

featuring the following movies:

Bambi
          Jungle Book
          Lion King

or even

101 Dalmations
          Lady & the Tramp

Not all additions need to be "E" tickets five dark rides could be done for less than some incarnations of Splash or Expedition Everest

This increases park capacity and attractions, which in the long term may increase the viabilty for beastly kingdom being built beyond Everest and Finding Nemo.

Also wrapping that "lake" may make it a better location for Florida's version of a World of Color

You could also update World Showcase with some dark rides:

Mr Toad for England
          Ratouille for France
          Pinocchio for Italy
          Mulan for China

this would to some cheapen that portion The World Showcase, while in my opinoun it could make it more accesible for all groups

(underlining is mine)

The opinion that "Beastly Kingdom" is cost prohibitive, is the same one that has brought in reduced standards in ridesand entire new Disney parks in all of the Disney company. Chester/Hesters Camp Mickey/Minnie play down to the guests. Disney needs to UP it's game, especially with Harry Potter's new groundbreaking attraction. Disney CAN'T afford NOT to bring a new groundbreaking attraction and new land to one of the parks in WDW. And the little updates and Ariel's ride in Fantasyland are just updates that are LONG overdue.
          Critter Country's a mess ev'r since the Country Bears were kicked out. Ya can't cover pooh with honey and 'spect people ta like it.
          An Adventurers It's Time to Put the Spotlight Back on Bring Back the REAL Disney Gallery
          Life for Me! ~ ~ ~ Melvin, Buff, and Max!!! ~~~~ Dump the Dream Suite!
          Meese-ka Moose-ka Mice-Chatter!

Comment

I am of the school of thought that a when a new E ticket ride is built that it should be accompanied with a C and/or D ticket ride.

Example:
            When E:E was built they should have built a little Hymilean theme kids train... could be the very same ride system as Heimlich's Chew-Choo train at DCA, but Yeti themed

something to compliment the new E Ticket, and just add more to the overall experience.
            Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

Comment

Originally posted by KingEric View Post
              I am of the school of thought that a when a new E ticket ride is built that it should be accompanied with a C and/or D ticket ride.

Example:
              When E:E was built they should have built a little Hymilean theme kids train... could be the very same ride system as Heimlich's Chew-Choo train at DCA, but Yeti themed

something to compliment the new E Ticket, and just add more to the overall experience.
              I can agree with that concept, as it's the same one they're using at DCA with Cars Land. If they do get around to building Beastly Kingdom, I'd hope for at least one or two well themed C tickets to go along with whatever big draw they devise.

Comment

Originally posted by Disney Romantic View Post
                I can agree with that concept, as it's the same one they're using at DCA with Cars Land. If they do get around to building Beastly Kingdom, I'd hope for at least one or two well themed C tickets to go along with whatever big draw they devise.
                I forgot that they are doing that for Cars Land. For instance if I was a bean counter I would allocate funds as follows...

Total Project Cost: 100,000,000
                Main Attraction: 80,000,000
                Sub Attraction: 15,000,000
                Giftshop/QSF: 5,000,000
                Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

Comment

Originally posted by KingEric View Post
                  I think that would be a fantastic idea. But, this other idea, maybe not... It's not really low-cost at all. And I think it would lower the quality of the parks. But good thinking, though.
                  -Hale (wumbology)

a.k.a. h2mc, omnimover.mousetalgia, omnimover, wumbology, hogbackmtn, hhmcsharry, Hale M., h2m, h2mc

(I've never visited Disneyland Resort, Tokyo Disney Resort, Disneyland Resort Paris, nor Hong Kong Disneyland Resort, so don't be fooled when I pretend to know what I'm talking about. [But I'm pretty good with the information, if I do say so myself. And you can hit me all you want with Walt Disney World.])

Comment

Working...
                  X