Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Haunted Mansion and Princess Room to add to Pirates at Moderate resorts?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Rumor] Haunted Mansion and Princess Room to add to Pirates at Moderate resorts?

Surprised this hasn't shown up yet, but a few other sites are reporting about surveys where people are asked if they would stay in moderately priced rooms based on specific characters or attractions. The three examples were princesses, Pirates (which is already at Caribbean Beach) and Haunted Mansion. The CG renderings make these interesting to look at.

The Haunted Mansion one sounds cool, but is a little too cartoony, though I LOVE the Doombuggy bed and the sliding bookcase to hide the bathroom; I'm sure to not scare kids too much. I LOVE the princess rooms though. Cogsworth, Rose, Aladdin's lamp, the bench is the dog from Beauty and the Beast, and there's a mousehole with Gus and Jacques in the wall as well.

The other question is where will they add these....though I hope they won't retrofit any additional exiting rooms but keep these in mind for future developments. Don't ruin the themes of the resorts by adding synergy please.

Here's a link. It only has one picture of the princess room though. Others can be found searching online.
    Last edited by yoyoflamingo; 08-09-2010, 04:31 PM.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

Re: Haunted Mansion and Princess Room to add to Pirates at Moderate resorts?

I would def stay in one of the Princess rooms! I'm not a huge Princess fan but I like those rather than the Haunted Mansion ones on those pics
    With great pride: Disney Store Cast Member August 2011-Present

D23 Charter Member - 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012

WDW Trips: June 2012, 2010, 2008, 2007, 1997, 1996, 1994

Comment

I'd practically live in that Haunted Mansion room

Comment

I usually stay at a Value because I'd rather stay longer and don't spend much time at the resort anyways but for that HM room I'd upgrade.

Comment

Those rooms look cozy and make my room look like crap! I dislike the hotel experience, but this....WOW! I've outgrown my bed (my feet dangle off the end). Those beds look so comfortable.
          YouTube page: The Sorcerer's Lair

"And so you see the magic isn't just in the animated characters, it's also in all of us"
          -Drawn to the Magic

"Remember...dreams come true"
          -Julie Andrews

"Some imagination, huh?"
          -Mickey Mouse

"Dreams are make believe, till they all come true"
          -Fantasmic!

"Believe me: this is one of the most exciting and challenging things that we've ever tackled at Walt Disney Enterprises"
          -Walt Disney.

"Disney has helped bring out the magic in us. Now let's work together and help bring out the magic in others."
          -SorcererHero5571

Comment

$50 says if they build the Haunted Mansion rooms, those bedspreads will disappear faster than the ghosts.
            -Bill

Comment

Haunted Mansion room looks really neat, far better than I expected. I've always kind of been disappointed by the Pirates themed rooms, as they looked like something from a child's bedroom, but those seem to have their theming stepped up quite a bit. I just hope that they pick appropriate resorts for these rooms if they ever do implement them.
              "A paradise for children--and for grownups, too. I don't know when I've had so much fun."-Richard Nixon on Disneyland

Newest Post- Epcot 30x30: Club Cool

Comment

I really wish the Haunted Mansion room looked more like a room from the attraction and less like a cross between the mansion and Toontown. What's with the weird angles and rounded corners? If kids are too scared to stay in a cool Haunted Mansion room, they're still going to hate the idea of staying in ANY Haunted Mansion room. They're better off catering to the hardcore fans.

Of course, I'd still be interested in checking this out once. Done right, though, it'd be hard to resist staying there every time.

It is a great idea, though, and hopefully a trend that will continue. Maybe someday a Jungle Cruise room (I know, I know, I won't hold my breath)?

Comment

I would definitely stay in the Haunted Mansion Room. This is a great idea!!

I would also add in other themed rooms like:

Alice in Wonderland
                  Peter Pan
                  Jungle Cruise
                  Space Mountain
                  Big Thunder Mountain

Basically, any room themed after a ride or even a Disney film (if done correctly) would only add to the awesome experience of staying on site.

Comment

yes i would def stay in the Haunted Mansion based rooms, even though they look almost alittle too cartoonish for my taste
                    The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom.
                    -George S. Patton

Comment

Originally posted by SummerInFL View Post
                      Basically, any room themed after a ride or even a Disney film (if done correctly) would only add to the awesome experience of staying on site.
                      I still think that I prefer if rooms fit the theme of the resort, and I definitely wouldn't want everything to have movie or ride themed rooms. Port Orleans Riverside, for example, has two different style of rooms that fit perfectly, and I'd hate to see them sacrificed.

This does get me thinking that they maybe should consider a Magic Kingdom themed moderate resort, since I don't believe they've added a moderate in a while. That way they could design entire sections based on Haunted Mansion, Frontierland, etc., without disrupting the theme of existing locations. Sadly, I doubt we'll see any big developments until they're finished with the new "Art of Animation" resort.
                      "A paradise for children--and for grownups, too. I don't know when I've had so much fun."-Richard Nixon on Disneyland

Newest Post- Epcot 30x30: Club Cool

Comment

Haunted Mansion room all the way! I would be OK with the princess room, but jiminy christmas--the Haunted Mansion room is FAB-the wall sconces, the beds (those bedspreads!) the bust on the shelf (wouldn't it be cool if it moved?).
                        So cool.
                        MiceChat Preferred Travel Partner

Contact us to book your next Disney Vacation!

Comment

Those rooms look really cool. I like the Haunted Mansion one, and the Princess room.
                          Fratsor Sister - Delta Mu Chi Alpha

ΔΜΧΑ

Comment

The Haunted Mansion room looks cool, but I'd rather the resorts keep their original theming and keep the parks stuff for the parks.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
                              $50 says if they build the Haunted Mansion rooms, those bedspreads will disappear faster than the ghosts.
                              My very first thought was wondering how much they charge you for a missing bedspread.

Comment

HM would go nicely in the French Quarter IMO. But where to put Princesses?

Comment

With the amount of time I spend at the hotel, I pretty much envision my future WDW stays at Disney's value resorts. HOWEVER, I would definitely consider staying in a moderate-priced hotel room if I could stay in a Haunted Mansion room. Looks awesome!! :thumbup:

Comment

Continuing on the main trend, the HM room looks very cute! I wouldn't have small children stay in there though. It's still just a tad to dark for them I think. Also, I hope you can turn the effects off at night. I'm not fond of being woke by grim grinning ghosts.

Comment

Originally posted by GraceysGirl View Post
                                      My very first thought was wondering how much they charge you for a missing bedspread.
                                      :sleep: At least the next guest checking in to the same room would be assured of clean bedding....

The Disneyland (Anaheim) Hotel used to offer something like this a few years ago. Similar to basic themed rooms that other hotels are offering now - character bedding, a few accessories in the room, a plush for the kids, etc. I agree that a fully-themed room would be fun and worth the extra charge (as long as it was a reasonable price for what was being offered). It really just depends on WHICH resort is offering which type of room.

Comment

Originally posted by inluvwithbeast View Post
                                        HM would go nicely in the French Quarter IMO. But where to put Princesses?
                                        Good call about Port Orleans (let's face it, both FQ and RS are in major need of a facelift). I hate to say this, but no matter which resort offers the "Princess rooms" (WL, Pocahontas theme; Port Orleans, PATF theme, BLT and Yacht/Beach Club, Little Mermaid Theme, etc.), there are some guests that will pay anything to stay there. And yes that includes me and my mini-princess, even if it's just for one night.

If the resort execs decide to greenlight this, I REALLY hope this is done in small doses.

Comment

Working...
                                        X