Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

DISNEY RESPONDS TO CRITICISM FROM ABIGAL DISNEY

Disney has responded to Abigail's recent comments and they can be discussed in this thread - https://discuss.micechat.com/forum/d...neyland-resort
2 of 2 < >

MICECHAT COMMUNITY RULES

See more
See less

Haunted Mansion and Princess Room to add to Pirates at Moderate resorts?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Haunted Mansion and Princess Room to add to Pirates at Moderate resorts?

Originally posted by Bill View Post
    $50 says if they build the Haunted Mansion rooms, those bedspreads will disappear faster than the ghosts.
    :captain: Mark me as guilty. Its the first thing I could say about the room.

Other than that...the mansion room is too cartoony...and the princess room is a little too "sleazy" for my taste. Its like where you take a date when you can't afford something nice. Its like a little happy brothel.

Comment

Dude! Those rooms are awsome! I even like the princess room, which is saying somthing because I always found the princess franchise to be somwhat annoying.
      "Disneyland will never be complete as long as there is imagination left in the world" -Walt Disney

Comment

My family and I are planning our trip to disney and my wife just said a couple weeks ago that they should have a haunted mansion room!
        I wonder how long it will take them to redesign some rooms.

Comment

Those Princess Rooms have NeverNeverland's name all over them.... right Yoyo?

Comment

Originally posted by TDLFAN View Post
            Those Princess Rooms have NeverNeverland's name all over them.... right Yoyo?
            It sure does! Of course, it also brings out my inner princess too! I LOVE the room! :blush:
            It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

Comment

I'm not really a big fan of all of this themed roomed stuff mainly because I'm big on the Disney Resort themes and their consistency. Not that I dont want them to do this all together...I just wish that Disney would just do it right.

I was quite ticked when they made those Value Resort-themed Finding Nemo rooms in a resort themed to Carribean Beach, and now when I think about it, the Pirates themed rooms could've been much better than what we got.

The two new themed rooms they have planned look interesting in model form but a Princess themed room (unless elaborately themed to The Princess and the Frog) does not fit into the Port Orleans Resorts. The Haunted Mansion could go both ways since HM in Disneyland is located in New Orleans Square. Call me nitpicky and crazy but this is just how I feel.

And I'm wondering why they're limiting such theming to the moderates when they could created themed rooms in the Deluxe Resorts and make them much more elaborate.

Comment

Originally posted by toonaspie View Post
                I'm not really a big fan of all of this themed roomed stuff mainly because I'm big on the Disney Resort themes and their consistency. Not that I dont want them to do this all together...I just wish that Disney would just do it right.

I was quite ticked when they made those Value Resort-themed Finding Nemo rooms in a resort themed to Carribean Beach, and now when I think about it, the Pirates themed rooms could've been much better than what we got.

The two new themed rooms they have planned look interesting in model form but a Princess themed room (unless elaborately themed to The Princess and the Frog) does not fit into the Port Orleans Resorts. The Haunted Mansion could go both ways since HM in Disneyland is located in New Orleans Square. Call me nitpicky and crazy but this is just how I feel.

And I'm wondering why they're limiting such theming to the moderates when they could created themed rooms in the Deluxe Resorts and make them much more elaborate.
                You're not nitpicky or crazy, I'm a huge fan of the Port Orleans resorts and was wondering about this myself. But here's what I realized - you never see the themed rooms unless you request them and stay and them. Any other guest has a completely uninterrupted thematic experience at the hotels, seeing as they never (in theory) actually set foot in the specially-themed rooms. In that way, everybody's happy - the people in the new rooms, and the thematic nutjobs like us.

Anyway, my definite favorite is the Pirate room, it really brings out the pirate fan in me. Very old-world and cool. The HM rooms are a little cartoony and don't really match the look of the ride, but then if it did, I bet a lot of kids (and maybe some adults, too) wouldn't be able to sleep at night. Even the princess rooms look nice and elegant, if a little too over the top for me, but I'm sure there will be those that will love them.
                Last edited by MarkTwain; 08-11-2010, 11:27 PM.

Comment

I love the princess ones! although the HM one is very cartoony I definitely wouldn't be able to sleep there (much too scary).

Edited to add: If I could have a say in a themed room I'd ask for a Hunchback of Notre Dame room or a room dedicate to Frollo...He's my favorite.
                  Last edited by codelyokorox; 08-11-2010, 10:43 PM.
                  Code Lee-Oh-Co (Or Jessica, if you want)

Comment

Originally posted by yoyoflamingo View Post
                    It sure does! Of course, it also brings out my inner princess too! I LOVE the room! :blush:
                    I love a man who is not afraid to be in touch with his feminime side... that makes you quite special.

Comment

I took the survey and said I wouldn't be interested in the rooms. Why? Not because they're not nice-I think they look really fun. It's because they don't fit the themes of any of the resorts. If I'm paying to stay at a moderate resort it's because I like the theme of that resort. I stayed at the Carribean Beach Resort in April and was a little dissapointed that I got one of the Nemo rooms. It was nice but not as themeatic as the "plain" CBR rooms. I love Mansion and Pirates as much as anyone but rooms themed to them would only fit in a Magic Kingdom themed resort or one like the Disneyland Hotel that doesn't have a particular theme. My favorite was the princess room but I'm not sure where that would fit except maybe the DL Hotel. I hope they don't mess with the themes-they are an important part of the resort experience.

Comment

Originally posted by WorldLover71 View Post
                        I took the survey and said I wouldn't be interested in the rooms. Why? Not because they're not nice-I think they look really fun. It's because they don't fit the themes of any of the resorts. If I'm paying to stay at a moderate resort it's because I like the theme of that resort. I stayed at the Carribean Beach Resort in April and was a little dissapointed that I got one of the Nemo rooms. It was nice but not as themeatic as the "plain" CBR rooms. I love Mansion and Pirates as much as anyone but rooms themed to them would only fit in a Magic Kingdom themed resort or one like the Disneyland Hotel that doesn't have a particular theme. My favorite was the princess room but I'm not sure where that would fit except maybe the DL Hotel. I hope they don't mess with the themes-they are an important part of the resort experience.
                        Wait, so they put you in the rooms even if you don't request them? Well, there goes my whole explanation then. :unsure: I can definitely see that bothering me if I paid to stay in the Port Orleans French Quarter staterooms (which I love) and got a princess room or something.

Comment

Originally posted by WorldLover71 View Post
                          The Nemo rooms are the new standard rooms at the CBR. The Pirates rooms cost more and count as an upgrade; sadly, there are no "regular" rooms left.

I do agree though, I hope they do not change any of the existing resorts...
                          It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

Comment

I think the rooms look great!

The Princess room is nice with small touches from the films and rich colors that don't shove a princess in your face at every turn like I thought it would when I heard the term "princess room".

HM room is major cool! Love the doombuggy beds and the bookcase as a hidden passage, nice touches!
                            Press today is so concerned with cool vs. not cool that they're starting to forget good vs. bad. I'm not sure I'll ever be "cool", but I will always tirelessly strive to be "great". - Josh Groban

Comment

Originally posted by codelyokorox View Post
                              I love the princess ones! although the HM one is very cartoony I definitely wouldn't be able to sleep there (much too scary).

Edited to add: If I could have a say in a themed room I'd ask for a Hunchback of Notre Dame room or a room dedicate to Frollo...He's my favorite.
                              *sigh* I would love that too, but sadly, that movie does NOT get enough love. You don't even see it in the parks anymore. I think it was because the movie covered some questionable topics, and was pretty serious.

I'd love to have one themed to Quasimodo's pad though, with a sparkly glass mobile and all. Maybe even a little set of bells?

Comment

I couldn't stay in the Haunted Mansion, for the same reason I was never interested in the idea of Tower Of Terror being a real hotel. Sure, it starts off cute with those clamshell headboards, and maybe one of those busts that follows you around the room. But take it too far into the realm of Leota ball nightlights and a bulging/breathing closet door and I'll never have a wink of sleep! I'll be expecting my plush to start speaking to me backwards while the tape from The Ring plays on the TV or something.
                                :lol:

The Princess room looks like the Design On A Dime version of the Castle Dream Suite, and I'd stay there anytime.

I think my ability to enjoy the jolly nature of the HM was somewhat sapped by the soul-crushing dispair of Phantom Manor. Now, a Future World/Spaceship Earth or Space Mountain/Tomorrowland room would be something I'd book a vacation for.

Comment

Working...
                                X