Announcement

Collapse

Forum Issues

The MiceChat staff is listening to your PM's and the notes provided in the flagged posts. We will provide more information in a post that will be published no later than Sunday night, 6/23/19. The link will be provided here.
See more
See less

Driving Times

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Driving Times

The road signs on WDW property are really good at guiding you where you need to go when you're driving. Just follow them and you should be fine.

Traffic around the Downtown Disney area can be a little nuts at times though since it's close to the highway and a lot of people who don't want to pay the $$$ for the parks will stop there for some Disney atmosphere & souvenir shopping (the locals sometimes even stop by for dinner at the restaurants & stuff). Oh and the Hess gas station across the road from DTD usually has cheaper gas than nearby off-property! When I was there a couple weeks ago it was $2.58. Just a couple blocks down the road it was over $2.60 and I eve saw it over $3 at one station (WTH?!?!).

Comment

Haha I like road signs as long as I don't have to make a split second decision on which way to go due to missing a sign or something. I guess the traffic at WDW beats DL traffic by far. That 5 connecting downtown LA to Anaheim is just downright crazy.

Interesting mention on those gas prices! Here in PA it is 2.75 about everywhere right now.
      Hoping to raise enough money to go to DL from Pennsylvania with my wife for our 5 year anniversary. (We went there on our honeymoon!)

If you would like to contribute to the cause for a relatively poor private school teacher. Please private message me. I'd be very thankful.

Comment

Originally posted by Yackerz View Post
        Really? I know of some people that would disagree with you there about the driving verses the buses. I know buses are less hassle, but it seems the ride can be almost twice as long in some instances.

I probably say the longest ride for me would be from WL to DAK.

They don't have to agree===but after 16 trips, I can say that I wouldn't drive. Ive never had any issue with the buses unless you leave MK right after the fireworks. Other than that, the bus trips have been really fast. When I'm on vacation I don't want to deal with the hassle of driving/parking/tram.

Comment

Originally posted by TriSarahtops View Post
          They don't have to agree===but after 16 trips, I can say that I wouldn't drive. Ive never had any issue with the buses unless you leave MK right after the fireworks. Other than that, the bus trips have been really fast. When I'm on vacation I don't want to deal with the hassle of driving/parking/tram.
          I'm making my 16th next month and agree completely. And we've had a lot of fun on the buses, especially when they turn into a singalong. After the fireworks, to kill time, ride the resort loop monorail before going to your bus. It's a great way to kill the time not standing.

Comment

Good thoughts there Well, when I go I will have the option of driving. I probably will drive the first night to see how difficult it is to DAK or DHS, then bus it to MK the next day / take the boat back at night, then 3rd day... (maybe bus or drive to Epcot if we bused I'd probably take the monorail back), and 4th day drive to DHS since we will be leaving from there to go to visit my wife's relatives in Ocala. Of course, my days at the park are subject to change. 1st and 4th day my flip flop and 2nd and 3rd day my flip flop depending on EMH and what not.

As mentioned before by nib up above, WL to DAK may be quicker by bus if you time it right. Maybe, it will come down to whether the bus is there when I exit the lodge. If I can see the bus with DAK on it leaving, definitely go with car, if I can see it coming go with bus. Maybe ask some of the people standing around what they are waiting for.

They should make a board saying last MK bus left at such and such a time. Last DHS bus left at such and such. (Same for Epcot and DAK). That way you can look at the sign and say, O boy its going to be a long wait or sweet it should be coming soon. It wouldn't be hard to make, and the guests could administrate it themselves, preferably out of the reach of kids lol. They could also make it electronically, so the bus drivers could change the #.
            Hoping to raise enough money to go to DL from Pennsylvania with my wife for our 5 year anniversary. (We went there on our honeymoon!)

If you would like to contribute to the cause for a relatively poor private school teacher. Please private message me. I'd be very thankful.

Comment

They should make a board saying last MK bus left at such and such a time. Last DHS bus left at such and such. (Same for Epcot and DAK). That way you can look at the sign and say, O boy its going to be a long wait or sweet it should be coming soon. It wouldn't be hard to make, and the guests could administrate it themselves, preferably out of the reach of kids lol. They could also make it electronically, so the bus drivers could change the #.
              But sometimes you'll get 2 or 3 busses to MK (or another park) in a row. and normally if the driver sees a LOT of people waiting he wil radio for another bus. The Driver can often tell you when the next bus will arrive because they radio where they are leaving/heading to.

Comment

O thats good they do that. I guess that makes it a little less of a wait Unfortunately, you may be waiting a bit longer for a bus to DAK or DHS or Epcot.

Comment

O thats good they do that. I guess that makes it a little less of a wait Unfortunately, you may be waiting a bit longer for a bus to DAK or DHS or Epcot.
                  I just used MK as an example. Ive seen this done for all the parks.

Comment

Working...
                  X