This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News Here We Go Again: character lawsuit

Disney is being sued over an Epcot Donald over the same "pervert in a costume" rubbish as Tigger:
    http://www.thesmokinggun.com/documen...st-donald-duck

And this event happened two years ago, I should add.

Given that Donald is one of the shorter characters, my guess is that this challenge dies as quickly as the CM is identified to have been a woman probably under 20 years old at the time.

Re: Here We Go Again: character lawsuit

"According to Magolon’s complaint, she has suffered “severe physical injury,"..........

ok lady, no one believes you in the first place. don't put that in there :P

Comment

Hate these!!!!!!!!!!
      Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

Comment

It's sad that character actors at all theme parks receive incredible amounts of abuse, yet the big stories are usually the accusations against the characters.
        "A paradise for children--and for grownups, too. I don't know when I've had so much fun."-Richard Nixon on Disneyland

Newest Post- Epcot 30x30: Club Cool

Comment

She must be having financial troubles.....it only took her 2 years to come up with this bs story.
          Remember The Magic!

Comment

People like this waste the time and money of the court systems for their own insecurities and stupidity.

Comment

Even if there were any actual physical contact, it was probably totally innocent and accidental. The CM may not have been able to see what he/she was touching through the limited view from inside the head.

And since it's been two years since the alleged incident, it's probably pure fiction because she needs money. Had it really happened, she would have raised a fuss at the park that day, and sued within a few months.
              temp_39091_1443218350388_737

Mike and Karen ran toward the old house, through the old iron gate, and onto the porch for protection. Protection...? If only they had known...

Comment

I wonder if her attorney will use the infamous Donald Duck tapes of him getting a you-know-what as evidence. :judge:

:lmao:
                I suffer from infantile thoughts of grandiosity

sigpic

Comment

Does anyone know if there is a statute of limitations on the time she has to file a lawsuit? I know out here in California, for an automobile accident, you have to file a lawsuit within 12 months or you give up your rights to file a claim. But I have no idea if there is any similarity on a claim such as this...any information that someone has would be very enlightening. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Grinning Ghost View Post
                    The CM may not have been able to see what he/she was touching through the limited view from inside the head.
                    That's why the jury sided with Chartrand. After his attorney put on the costume to prove a point, it took the jury less than an hour to find him not guilty.

This suit will go nowhere.

Mogolon, the woman suing, should be forced to put the costume on and find out for herself how difficult it is to move.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by h2opolodad View Post
                      Does anyone know if there is a statute of limitations on the time she has to file a lawsuit? I know out here in California, for an automobile accident, you have to file a lawsuit within 12 months or you give up your rights to file a claim. But I have no idea if there is any similarity on a claim such as this...any information that someone has would be very enlightening. Thanks!
                      Not on sexual assault or molestation, if i am correct.

For those of us who know and love people in the ent. dept, this is probably the cruelest thing a person can to do an ent CM.

Not only does it disrupt the average person's perspective, but that person's livelihood, passion, and friendships are all on the line.

The person, probably a middled aged woman, who loves what she does, with a family and kids, is going to be outed, embarrassed, and harassed, until this is dismissed, and then will never be able to go back and do the same job again.

The amount that this makes me upset is incalculable. I read the complaint, and I want to know, and ask this troll that considers herself female... "how did this person "physically injure you?" HOW?! HOW?! HOW?! From what I can tell you are 3 - 5 times the size of that character performer.

As we all know on here, that with the way the gloves and sight lines work for most fur costumes, it is nearly impossible for a character to know if they are holding a roll or a breast, and I think this is the case.

Comment

2 yeara ago?.......never a complaint or report made to WDW or local police?.....the only evidence being 24 ALLEGED incidents, none of which were ever proven..even after investigation?.........Come on lady..........give it up!

I would hope the ent CM files a counter suit and nails her to the legal wall.......her abulance chasing lawyer too!

And lawyers wonder why average people put them on the bottom rung of the ladder, right there with the other bottom feeders!

Teh shame is that there are really great honest lawyers out there, who are always painted the same way!

Just one old ex deep water sailors opinion!

AKK

Comment

It is my understanding that Disney has diverted alot of the dump trucks from the Fantasyland Expansion Project to haul off the load of B.S. from this law suit. :lol:

Comment

I think we all have the right to demand compensation from that woman for wasting our time reading that pathetic excuse for a claim.
                            sigpic

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." -
                            Walt Disney

Comment

Originally posted by Hathaway Browne View Post
                              I think we all have the right to demand compensation from that woman for wasting our time reading that pathetic excuse for a claim.
                              :lol:

I'll go start the petition. :thumbup:

sigpic

Comment

Ok I've been visiting WDW for over 30 years and have not once been "molested" by a character (being nearly tackle-hugged by Tigger once doesn't count). What's wrong with me? :lol:

Please honey... if it took you two years to come up with this lawsuit, you definitely need a new hobby.

Comment

The prosecution would like to submit the following as evidence:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yH0W3_iB21I&feature=related"]YouTube - three caballeros bathing beauties[/ame]
                                  It bothers me when people selectively edit quotes to support whatever point they are trying to prove.
                                  sigpic

Comment

This is a "only in America" thing...

Comment

Originally posted by Dapper Dan View Post
                                      The prosecution would like to submit the following as evidence:

YouTube - three caballeros bathing beauties
                                      Dapper Dan this is pretty damning evidence you have stumbled upon... LOL

Comment

(after looking at a picture of the lady accuser) How can Donald grope something that she doesn't have?
                                        Growing older is manditory
                                        Growing up is however, optional

Comment

Working...
                                        X