Announcement

Collapse

The Future of the MiceChat Forums

See more
See less

No Daisy Love?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • [Question] No Daisy Love?

    Daisy is like the least recognized member, of the Sensational 6, i guess. But why? I've watched all the WDW castle shows and she's not in any. Shes not event on the boat durring fantasmic!! Like before, you couldnt really find her in the parks but now shes a little more seen but not mentioned....

  • #2
    Re: No Daisy Love?

    Originally posted by Omegadiz View Post
    Daisy is like the least recognized member, of the Sensational 6, i guess. But why? I've watched all the WDW castle shows and she's not in any. Shes not event on the boat durring fantasmic!! Like before, you couldnt really find her in the parks but now shes a little more seen but not mentioned....
    She is not part of the Fab 5. The reasoning goes into a lot of technical marketing psychology, and your short term memory ability to recall etc.. this goes into merch sales etc.
    Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: No Daisy Love?

      I asked the Disney Company many years ago about why isn't Daisy included with the main Disney characters and should it be a Fab 6.

      They just said something back like, Daisy was only in cartoons with Donald. While the others had cartoons of there own.

      That was my answer from them, back then.

      I looked at her as a main character as a little girl. Mostly because the Disney Cartoons that my parents showed had Daisy included in them and I thought Daisy was apart of them.
      Hayley B. - MiceChat's very own Delawarean. :bow:

      Join MiceChat Gold.



      Comment


      • #4
        Re: No Daisy Love?

        Originally posted by Hayley B View Post
        I asked the Disney Company many years ago about why isn't Daisy included with the main Disney characters and should it be a Fab 6.

        They just said something back like, Daisy was only in cartoons with Donald. While the others had cartoons of there own.

        That was my answer from them, back then.

        I looked at her as a main character as a little girl. Mostly because the Disney Cartoons that my parents showed had Daisy included in them and I thought Daisy was apart of them.
        Minnie didnt really have any of here own cartoons. That still doesnt explain why she isnt in any shows though

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: No Daisy Love?

          Originally posted by Omegadiz View Post
          Minnie didnt really have any of here own cartoons. That still doesnt explain why she isnt in any shows though
          again, it simply comes down to market research.
          Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: No Daisy Love?

            At one point I heard Daisy is something like the #2 most requested character. She can be met daily in Town Square though. As far as parades she's only in the Christmas and Halloween ones, though Halloween she's easy to ignore. They've been very very inclusive about her in Tokyo parades for a while now along with Clarice, and they figured to include both of those characters in Disneyland's Celebrate Street Party.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: No Daisy Love?

              Originally posted by almandot View Post
              At one point I heard Daisy is something like the #2 most requested character. She can be met daily in Town Square though. As far as parades she's only in the Christmas and Halloween ones, though Halloween she's easy to ignore. They've been very very inclusive about her in Tokyo parades for a while now along with Clarice, and they figured to include both of those characters in Disneyland's Celebrate Street Party.
              It doesn't matter if the is the most requested, what matters is instant recall or the Fab 5. Being able to name and recognize the most amount of characters in the least amount of time, so that when you are presented with a purchasing decision you make your choice quickly.
              Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: No Daisy Love?

                Originally posted by Omegadiz View Post
                Minnie didnt really have any of here own cartoons. That still doesnt explain why she isnt in any shows though
                I thought so too. But that was what they told me. I would allow her.

                I remember this one cartoon with Minnie (w/ no Mickey in it). It had Pluto and Figaro in it. She was trying to make Pluto wear this sweater. That might have been for Figaro. I can't remember who's face lit up for that cartoon.
                Hayley B. - MiceChat's very own Delawarean. :bow:

                Join MiceChat Gold.



                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: No Daisy Love?

                  Originally posted by Hayley B View Post
                  I thought so too. But that was what they told me. I would allow her.

                  I remember this one cartoon with Minnie (w/ no Mickey in it). It had Pluto and Figaro in it. She was trying to make Pluto wear this sweater. That might have been for Figaro. I can't remember who's face lit up for that cartoon.

                  It was a Pluto cartoon....



                  Isnt that Mickey Mouse Clubhouse show, marketing her somewhat? Between that House of Mouse, Quack Pack, and Mickey's Once/Twice upon a Christmas you would think she'd have a little more popularity. Tokyo is the only resort to really use all the characters (possibly due to the amount of cms). It always kinda bugged me that she isnt part of the Fab 5. Even the dog is in there!!!! I couldnt tell you how many times i've seen Pluto and most of the kids and some adults think its Goofy

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: No Daisy Love?

                    I would like to know that too. I asked that question about Daisy long before those shows came out. Though, there answer might stay the same.
                    Hayley B. - MiceChat's very own Delawarean. :bow:

                    Join MiceChat Gold.



                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: No Daisy Love?

                      Originally posted by Omegadiz View Post
                      It was a Pluto cartoon....



                      Isnt that Mickey Mouse Clubhouse show, marketing her somewhat? Between that House of Mouse, Quack Pack, and Mickey's Once/Twice upon a Christmas you would think she'd have a little more popularity. Tokyo is the only resort to really use all the characters (possibly due to the amount of cms). It always kinda bugged me that she isnt part of the Fab 5. Even the dog is in there!!!! I couldnt tell you how many times i've seen Pluto and most of the kids and some adults think its Goofy

                      Pluto has an entire volume of his own cartoons, and yes sometimes he is a supporting character...and even though he's in the fab 5 it is sometimes very difficult to find Pluto Gear, when I do I usually see dog toys or something(go figure)

                      My understanding was always that Daisy would somehow pull away from the sale of Minnie Merch. bc people would be split between them...

                      But thats just what I've always been told...
                      The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom.
                      -George S. Patton

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: No Daisy Love?

                        The fab 6 or (sensational 6 i forget which is the correct term) is when Daisy is included. The Fab 5 already consists of other main characters, which are all considered to be more marketable as Kingeric has already pointed out. So simple math would tell you that you can't add a 6th person to the "Fab 5". Daisy is more of a supporting character than any of the others but that doesn't mean she doesn't have her own fans. Occasionally Disney refers to the fab 4 also which is Mickey, Goofy, Donald and Pluto. Or the Fab 3 being just Mickey, Goofy and Donald. That just how it goes, it is like a ranking by popularity.

                        Think of it more as Daisy being like a B list celeb and the Fab 5 are more A list celebs
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwwdFhJWDK0

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: No Daisy Love?

                          I still think she could at least be included in parades and shows.... they dont have to really merchendize her. Look at Tokyo, they but Daisy and Clarice in shows but they arent many things mechendised

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: No Daisy Love?

                            I used to see her regularly on Main St and at Epcot's Character Connection and I wasn't even looking for her or other characters. Don't really remember her in parades much but have her appearance really been cut down? As of my last trip there in Dec 09 I found used to find her at the parks often, sometimes more than Donald. Guest relations at any park should be able to help you locate her if she will be anywhere that day.
                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwwdFhJWDK0

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: No Daisy Love?

                              Its not locating her, its just shes like never included in anything

                              Comment


                              • #16
                                Re: No Daisy Love?

                                Originally posted by Omegadiz View Post
                                Minnie didnt really have any of here own cartoons. That still doesnt explain why she isnt in any shows though
                                Originally posted by Hayley B View Post
                                I thought so too. But that was what they told me. I would allow her.

                                I remember this one cartoon with Minnie (w/ no Mickey in it). It had Pluto and Figaro in it. She was trying to make Pluto wear this sweater. That might have been for Figaro. I can't remember who's face lit up for that cartoon.
                                Minnie did have her own cartoons a looong time ago. This particular cartoon was a Pluto, but at one time, Minnie had some.
                                In the first DD cartoon with Daisy, her voice was similar to Donald's, but they quickly figured out that just wasn't right. Daisy was a secondary character that entire time.
                                Now, Daisy is one of 6 members of Mickey's Clubhouse, making Daisy very popular with the younger set. Disney made this decision and then was shocked by the response. As a response to this, Daisy was added to Donald's breakfast at Animal Kingdom when it was moved from Restaurantsaurus to Tusker House, taking Pluto's place. The merchandise has improved 10 fold since 2006, when I could only find about 5 Daisy specific items. Last trip I had to make decisions on what to get.
                                Daisy is in the afternoon parade most days, in the car in the front with the parade family. She is in the Halloween parade, on the next to last float with Miss Minnie. Daisy can be found in all 4 parks.
                                Obviously, with me there is a lotta love for Miss Daisy.

                                Comment


                                • #17
                                  Re: No Daisy Love?

                                  For me it always seems like I run into her when I'm not looking for her.
                                  Marquis d'Bod of the RCMC... always and forever

                                  Comment


                                  • #18
                                    Re: No Daisy Love?

                                    I always call the group, "the Fab 5 (and sometimes Daisy)", given how Disney seems to like to flip-flop on her inclusion in the group.

                                    I agree, more Daisy would be nice.

                                    In fact, throw in Humphrey the Bear, Oswald the Lucky Rabbit, Horace Horsecollar, and Clarabelle Cow to make the Terrific 10, and then we'll all be happy.

                                    Comment


                                    • #19
                                      Re: No Daisy Love?

                                      Originally posted by ORD84 View Post
                                      Pluto has an entire volume of his own cartoons, and yes sometimes he is a supporting character...and even though he's in the fab 5 it is sometimes very difficult to find Pluto Gear, when I do I usually see dog toys or something(go figure)
                                      Oh totally. I have Volumes 1 & 2 of "The Complete Pluto" on DVD. But my favorite Pluto cartoon was actually officially a Mickey cartoon (the one where Pluto is chasing after a raccoon), so it's not included in the set (bummer). My mom is a HUGE pluto fan, but yeah it's hard to find any Pluto merch outside of pet toys or mega expensive art pieces.

                                      Comment


                                      • #20
                                        Re: No Daisy Love?

                                        Originally posted by MarkTwain View Post
                                        I always call the group, "the Fab 5 (and sometimes Daisy)", given how Disney seems to like to flip-flop on her inclusion in the group.

                                        I agree, more Daisy would be nice.

                                        In fact, throw in Humphrey the Bear, Oswald the Lucky Rabbit, Horace Horsecollar, and Clarabelle Cow to make the Terrific 10, and then we'll all be happy.
                                        The flip-flopping of her is like confusion, and in all the shows at the parks when M,M,D,G,P are in it.....i hear a lot of people in the crowds(some kids some adults) say "wheres Daisy? Could she not make it?"
                                        Some people only know characters park wise and didnt watch the movies or tv.....they have no idea what she sounds like. Maybe this only upsets me because i happen to be a daisy fan (dudes can be fans...right?) and she seems a bit more important than the Nemo craze (off topic)

                                        (off topic)As for that terrific 10, they should be in toon town... along with clara cluck, scrooge, ludwig von drake, pete, max, and (i may be yelled at) chicken little. technically he was in a toon setting. but they dont use them...

                                        Comment

                                        Working...
                                        X