X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: No Daisy Love?

Originally posted by Omegadiz View Post
    (off topic)As for that terrific 10, they should be in toon town... along with clara cluck, scrooge, ludwig von drake, pete, max, and (i may be yelled at) chicken little. technically he was in a toon setting. but they dont use them...
    oh you most definitely will get yelled at. chicken little needs to not have existed ever.

Comment

^ well was he or was he not in the right seting? im not a big fan but he would fit regardless..

Comment

The last two times I was in the parks I saw Daisy as soon as I walked in. I also saw her in the afternoon parades in 2008 when I was there (one of the pics in my signature of her holding the pom-poms). And she was one of the top character's at Donald's breakfast in Animal Kingdom (Again, the picture of her dressed in safari in my signature pics).

BUT I collect Disney Duck stuff so I go "Duck hunting" in the parks for stuff. it is easier to find Daisy stuff from Japan. Since appearing on Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and the Christmas movies she has been easier to find merchandise for in the States. Now I can find lots of stuff with Minnie AND Daisy on it, but not just Daisy by herself. The Disney store did do a line of children's clothes last summer that just had Daisy on it, but she has pretty much disappeared of their site now.

I just assumed it was easier for them (Disney) to market Mickey and Minnie because kids recognize Mickey, so Mickey would be for boys and Minnie geared towards girls.
        Last edited by FantasticDuck; 08-13-2010, 08:40 PM. Reason: forgot something
        With great pride: Disney Store Cast Member August 2011-Present

D23 Charter Member - 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012

WDW Trips: June 2012, 2010, 2008, 2007, 1997, 1996, 1994

Comment

Daisy doesn't even come out for autographs or photos. The only time Daisy comes out is in the Christmas Fantasy Parade in DL.
          "You are watching FOX"

Comment

You can always request a specific character meet and greet. Depending on a number of variables it can be accommodated. If only they had a CM who could fit into the Yzma costume... sigh.
            Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

Comment

Originally posted by MickeyMousePal View Post
              Daisy doesn't even come out for autographs or photos. The only time Daisy comes out is in the Christmas Fantasy Parade in DL.
              Daisy and Stitch do meet 'n greets from opening til noon at Epcot,Daisy switches with Donald in front of the hat at DHS and is usually at Camp Mickey/Minnie on and off.

Comment

Originally posted by KingEric View Post
                You can always request a specific character meet and greet. Depending on a number of variables it can be accommodated. If only they had a CM who could fit into the Yzma costume... sigh.

There's a Yzma costume!!!!???? WHAT? I absolutely loved Emperor's New Groove (and still do, really). If only Kronk didn't have a weird anatomy... *sigh*

Just for kicks and giggles:

Aannny way, back on Daisy...
                Last edited by inluvwithbeast; 08-14-2010, 02:40 PM.

Comment

Daisy is like the least recognized member, of the Sensational 6, i guess. But why? I've watched all the WDW castle shows and she's not in any. Shes not event on the boat durring fantasmic!! Like before, you couldnt really find her in the parks but now shes a little more seen but not mentioned....
                  Thet is only the case in the Disney operated parks. In Tokyo Disney, Daisy is quite popular with guests and appears regularly for meet and greet and in most shows where characters perform. She even has a solo number with 6 males dancers in tuxs and feathers, in TDS' "Big Band Beat" show. On top of that, she also has a line of merchandise, all to herself, featuring her likeness, which is sold exclusively at Tokyo disney Resort. So as you can see... it's Disney Co who is not in love with Daisy, since Oriental Land Co loves her, (and other lesser known characters as well.. like Fifi?

Comment

Originally posted by TDLFAN View Post
                    Thet is only the case in the Disney operated parks. In Tokyo Disney, Daisy is quite popular with guests and appears regularly for meet and greet and in most shows where characters perform. She even has a solo number with 6 males dancers in tuxs and feathers, in TDS' "Big Band Beat" show. On top of that, she also has a line of merchandise, all to herself, featuring her likeness, which is sold exclusively at Tokyo disney Resort. So as you can see... it's Disney Co who is not in love with Daisy, since Oriental Land Co loves her, (and other lesser known characters as well.. like Fifi?
                    With that it makes me wonder how Tokyo is able to keep 80-90% of thier characters popular with guest. I also wonder why Tokyo is the best.
                    Is it the way the OLC runs things? the people of Japan and them knowing what they want? Do they just take advantage of not being owned by Disney? Do they have more money? A good amount of cast members?(do they call them that in tokyo? they arent Disney employes.)

they can fit a lot of different characters in to a lot of shows....even for a brief moment. They even had Huey Dewy and Louie in the easter thingy....just how do they do it?

Comment

With that it makes me wonder how Tokyo is able to keep 80-90% of thier characters popular with guest. I also wonder why Tokyo is the best.
                      Is it the way the OLC runs things? the people of Japan and them knowing what they want? Do they just take advantage of not being owned by Disney? Do they have more money? A good amount of cast members?(do they call them that in tokyo? they arent Disney employes.)
                      You basically answered the question. Everything OLC does, they do it based on the Walt standards, and yes, they do have the money and are not cheap when it comes to spending on the parks. they also recognize the heavy local fan base that attends the park and they strive to make sure there are new and bigger things to maintain the loyalty. This is why TDR excels in staffing the parks properly, maintaining them in their best conditions, etc. And yes.. the cast members are called "cast members" and OLC holds them to the old ways.. (no mustaches allowed, no sneaker type shoes, etc). The Tokyo CMs are probably the most "Disney" CMs ever hired. They are professional in a military way, and look the Disney way in the best possible way.
                      Isn't it an irony that the only park not owned by Disney, with Cast Members who do not work for Disney, are actually offering the most quality DISNEY-LIKE experience possible???? Makes me wish OLC ran ALL of the Disney parks in the World. WDW especially could use the new but traditional approach of business..
                      they can fit a lot of different characters in to a lot of shows....even for a brief moment. They even had Huey Dewy and Louie in the easter thingy....just how do they do it?
                      Oriental Land Co does not spare expense when it comes to shows and parades. These are the best of any park, and their show/parade cast are usually the largest in numbers. Example.. while the current show at the MK's castle may employee about 24 CMs total.. a similar show at TDL's castle usually may have as many as 75 performers on stage... sometimes at ONCE! Same for parades... where the cast for parades in Tokyo is usually 3 or 4 times larger in numbers than the cast running the old parade daily at the MK.
                      But hey.. read the Tokyo boards more often and you will be quite knowledgeable about what goes on in Tokyo and why their two parks are TOP notch fabulous.

Comment

While logical yes... one could think... hey just throw all those character out there (i.e. Fantasmic)

The issue is how this works with the Entertainment Dept Union agreement, there is a premium for show pay, along with minimum hours that an entertainer can be paid for that show time.

So that "brief moment" turns into paying someone for 4 hours.

That is one reason why Fantasmic's nightly cost is so high.
                        Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

Comment

Originally posted by KingEric View Post
                          While logical yes... one could think... hey just throw all those character out there (i.e. Fantasmic)

The issue is how this works with the Entertainment Dept Union agreement, there is a premium for show pay, along with minimum hours that an entertainer can be paid for that show time.

So that "brief moment" turns into paying someone for 4 hours.

That is one reason why Fantasmic's nightly cost is so high.
                          That is also why they tend to not add nights, but do multiple shows on the same night.

Comment

Oh LOOK!!! Found at WDW this evening.. a classic Daisy tee. This is Daisy as seen in the short 1950 cartoon "For the love of Daisy".

I believe there is daisy bracelet on sale as well.

Comment

Working...
                            X