Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fantasyland plans changing - officially.

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News Fantasyland plans changing - officially.

We've all known it for a while, but lots of hints here and while nothing specific, seems that actual attractions are being hinted at, which would be nice. I guess we'll see when they officially announce the changes.

We took a hard look at it amongst a number of us and said, ‘Can we make the appeal broader? Can we make it even better?’ “ Staggs said during an interview this week with the Orlando Sentinel.
    Disney parks chief: Fantasyland expansion plans are changing | TheDailyDisney.com from OrlandoSentinel.com
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

Re: Fantasyland plans changing - officially.

This is definitely a good thing.

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

Comment

Thank goodness. I love that they specifically mention the budget isn't being cut, and may have to be increased slightly. Hopefully that will silence some of the inevitable "They're just changing plans to cut the budget" talk. I'm really interested to hear what the new rides and experiences are, especially after this quote: "blending 'aspirational rides' — rides that offer thrills or tension — with attractions designed for guests of all ages." Definitely sounds like something more than different meet and greets.
      "A paradise for children--and for grownups, too. I don't know when I've had so much fun."-Richard Nixon on Disneyland

Newest Post- Epcot 30x30: Club Cool

Comment

Originally posted by MasterGracey View Post
        This is definitely a good thing.
        I agree. And this quote:

gives me some hope that it will be more than just meet and greets....but I guess we wait and see what's announced.

Comment

As long as what they are doin is planned to have massive amounts of detail and quality packed into it, it's probably going to be alot more successful then just basing it on princesses...and I definitely like what I'm hearing on the changes moreso than the original announcement, will definitely have alot more draw to the new FLE
          The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom.
          -George S. Patton

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Virtual Toad View Post
              Funny, I keyed in on that quote as well. Not to sound the alarm, but does anyone else think that sounds a lot like the awful Toy Story Playland addition to Disney Studios Paris?

They wouldn't dare do that to our park... would they???
              It's true, the quote is extremely nebulous, and could be interpreted as such. You could also interpret it as meaning attractions like Forbidden Journey or Spiderman, which are rides with a thrill element that don't cater exclusively to thrill seekers. Essentially, I don't think it's something to be pessimistic about yet, at least until we hear some actual details. I think more rides period sounds at least a little promising, though.
              "A paradise for children--and for grownups, too. I don't know when I've had so much fun."-Richard Nixon on Disneyland

Comment

Thank you, Wizarding World of Harry Potter, for making this happen.

Comment

Fire or Villain Mountain anyone?
                  Marquis d'Bod of the RCMC... always and forever

Comment

^ I don't think so. Tom Stagg the only non-marginal change in cost *may* be a slight upward tick associated with last minute changes. Sometime like Fire Mountain would a huge additional cost.

I would guess well seem some if not all the princess meet and greets replaced with a off the self "aspirational ride" like HKDL's RC's Racers re-themed to better blend into the Fantasyland Story Line. Could have something to with the Princes' of Fantasyland.

I would also say goodbye to the Girl-Centric Pixie Hallow.

Comment

Originally posted by Kidgenie View Post
                      Goodbye, Pixie Hollow!

And good-riddance to that forced-attempt at direct-to-video brand creation not gaining a major foothold in the parks.

Comment

Great news! Thanks Harry
                        Down with the Hat

Comment

Originally posted by Kidgenie View Post
                          ^
                          I would guess well seem some if not all the princess meet and greets replaced with a off the self "aspirational ride" like HKDL's RC's Racers re-themed to better blend into the Fantasyland Story Line. Could have something to with the Princes' of Fantasyland.

That's exactly what I'm talking about... just like RC Racers at DLP... a miserable excuse for a ride... a huge visual eyesore with an abysmal hourly capacity that, quite frankly, can be experienced at the local state fair for a lot less money. And this is a good thing, exactly, how??

At least the meet and greets were going to be immersive and exquisitely themed. I'm the father of two young boys and and an off-the-shelf carny ride doesn't thrill me in the least. THIS is their answer to Harry Potter?! Disney, listen up... we want class, not trash.

Let's hope this isn't the direction they're headed.

Comment

This feels like deja vu, probably because I posted the same thing in reply on the project tracker where I am sure someone will condense this post in with it in a few days haha:

"Staggs said the project’s price tag will “not materially” change with the revisions, though a slight increase is likely because of certain additions. He would not provide specific figures."

Well if there is not much more money involved then A. some things are getting cut to be replaced with better things or B. not much is different except maybe some meet and greets for boys lol or something appealing to the male gender lol.
                            Hoping to raise enough money to go to DL from Pennsylvania with my wife for our 5 year anniversary. (We went there on our honeymoon!)

If you would like to contribute to the cause for a relatively poor private school teacher. Please private message me. I'd be very thankful.

Comment

*PFFT*

Yeah right.

Comment

Originally posted by aimster View Post
                                *PFFT*

Yeah right.
                                Tis a pretty ridiculous statement, but it's just the nature of the PR. You're gonna give the competition lots of free press if everybody can quote you going "Universal Studios just handed our backsides to us, we are now scrambling to respond."

Comment

I like how they give Al and Jim credit for first breaking the news about the planned changes when I'm the one who spoke about it first. Oh well. I'm glad that Disney is doing the right thing.

The plans were way too girl focused and it sounds like they'll be addressing that. Good!
                                  MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

Find us on Facebook: .

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,
                                  Save

Comment

Originally posted by Disney Romantic View Post
                                    Tis a pretty ridiculous statement, but it's just the nature of the PR. You're gonna give the competition lots of free press if everybody can quote you going "Universal Studios just handed our backsides to us, we are now scrambling to respond."
                                    Oh I know. Still made me snicker when I read it though. Yeah they know they got PWNED with Potterland.

Comment

A few more words about Fantasyland? | TheDailyDisney.com from OrlandoSentinel.com

Some backtracking, but still hoping for new attractions. The buzz online is that most people will think positively of the changes, so that's a good thing. Still hoping more attractions means more rides and not more meet and greets.

Comment

So happy to hear this news but I highly believe anything exciting will come out of this. I must admit when first heard the announcement back in September, I was excited, then the project was being unveiled. I thought, if I was a little girl, this would be my dream experience but this new expansion of Fantasyland at the Magic Kingdom was becoming a great big joke, in my opinion. The main target was clearly the age bracket of 5-25 year old girls! Do we really need two Dumbo rides as well, and 60% of the expansion is just boring "meet & greets" with bed time story readings by Disney princess's to visitors? Zzzzzz. What's the fun in that?

This latest news is great, and I'm sure there going to have some kind attraction to lure the guys, well the boys, why do you think Disney bought Marvel? It's no doubt Universal's Wizarding World of Harry Potter played a major part to having Disney scratching there heads, and they are up against Potter! There lying through teeth when they say it had nothing to do about the latest decision to revision Fantasyland at WDW, and having there Disney Imagineers going back to the drawing board, and scrapping the girly stuff. I highly doubt though any real exciting E-ticket thrill ride will come out of this (I'm hoping it does) but who knows...
                                        Last edited by JMora; 08-13-2010, 01:14 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                        X