Announcement

Collapse

Forum Issues

The MiceChat staff is listening to your PM's and the notes provided in the flagged posts. We will provide more information in a post that will be published no later than Sunday night, 6/23/19. The link will be provided here.
See more
See less

Walt Disney: One Man's Dream closing for refurb

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News Walt Disney: One Man's Dream closing for refurb

Not permanently. That was just to get you to read this post (sorry lol)

According to All Ears,
    "Walt Disney: One Man's Dream will be closed for refurbishment August 16 - November 2, 2010."

I wonder what the refurb will be focusing on. It will probably just paint some things, I'm guessing.
    Hoping to raise enough money to go to DL from Pennsylvania with my wife for our 5 year anniversary. (We went there on our honeymoon!)

If you would like to contribute to the cause for a relatively poor private school teacher. Please private message me. I'd be very thankful.

re: Walt Disney: One Man's Dream closing for refurb

Originally posted by Yackerz View Post
    Not permanently. That was just to get you to read this post (sorry lol)

According to All Ears,
    "Walt Disney: One Man's Dream will be closed for refurbishment August 16 - November 2, 2010."

I wonder what the refurb will be focusing on. It will probably just paint some things, I'm guessing.
    Painting for nearly three months???
    temp_39091_1443218350388_737

Mike and Karen ran toward the old house, through the old iron gate, and onto the porch for protection. Protection...? If only they had known...

Comment

haha.. I am sure they are doing a little more than painting for 3 months, but who knows !?
      Hoping to raise enough money to go to DL from Pennsylvania with my wife for our 5 year anniversary. (We went there on our honeymoon!)

If you would like to contribute to the cause for a relatively poor private school teacher. Please private message me. I'd be very thankful.

Comment

Maybe switching out some of the park model displays? *shrug*

Comment

That's good. Whew! I was about to say awwww .
          Hayley B. - MiceChat's very own Delawarean. :bow:

Join MiceChat Gold.

Comment

Agreed. It's the next best thing since the Walt Disney Story over at MK closed.

Comment

Actually, I think it's better then the MK's Walt Disney Story. I really enjoy the attraction.

I hear they will be adding a loop
              Last edited by Kidgenie; 08-13-2010, 12:37 PM. Reason: correcting typo

Comment

Re: Walt Disney: One Man's Dream closing for refurb

Originally posted by Kidgenie View Post
                Actually, I think it's better then the MK's Walt Disney Story. I really enjoy the attraction.

I here they will be adding a loop
                Maybe at night we'll get Walt Disney's Rockin' Dream, too?

I'm going to guess some new exhibits and models, too. Maybe even some memorabilia exchanges with some of the Walt Disney museums. I didn't get a chance to visit on my last trip, but I'm sure I'll get a chance once I move down there next year. It's nice to know they're keeping it updated.
                "A paradise for children--and for grownups, too. I don't know when I've had so much fun."-Richard Nixon on Disneyland

Newest Post- Epcot 30x30: Club Cool

Comment

I'm wondering if some things are going to be removed for the new version of Walt Disney's Story rumored for DCA's upcoming Carthay Circle Theatre? When the idea was being talked about, it was thought that they would be taking Walt's desk and office supplies back.

Just a guess, though.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkTwain View Post
                    I'm wondering if some things are going to be removed for the new version of Walt Disney's Story rumored for DCA's upcoming Carthay Circle Theatre? When the idea was being talked about, it was thought that they would be taking Walt's desk and office supplies back.

Just a guess, though.
                    The Walt Disney Story at DCA is on the backburner. The Carthay Circle Theatre will be built, but it's going to host a resort preview center according to what's been posted on the DCA tracker thread in the Disneyland forum here on MC.

Comment

wish they would pack the whole thing up and send it back west. Most of the items in the displays are no longer original anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by princecharming View Post
                        wish they would pack the whole thing up and send it back west. Most of the items in the displays are no longer original anyway.
                        I'm quite confused by your intent here. Do you mean you'd rather they have the exhibit at the California parks, or that you think it's a worthless attraction? Either way, I think the fact that many items "aren't original" doesn't take away from it being an informative and interesting look at Walt's work, which is something not represented well enough at the parks to begin with.
                        "A paradise for children--and for grownups, too. I don't know when I've had so much fun."-Richard Nixon on Disneyland

Newest Post- Epcot 30x30: Club Cool

Comment

Originally posted by aimster View Post
                          The Walt Disney Story at DCA is on the backburner. The Carthay Circle Theatre will be built, but it's going to host a resort preview center according to what's been posted on the DCA tracker thread in the Disneyland forum here on MC.
                          That's true... I was just thinking maybe the project had been taken off the backburner.

Originally posted by princecharming View Post
                          I think two Walt Disney exhibits could co-exist between the two resorts. California could get more of the actual Walt "artifacts," the multi-plane camera, his desk, etc., and Florida could keep the models and get more of his drawings in the like.

It's an unfortunate fact that Walt himself doesn't have much exposure in the parks, when they could often use them. It's disappointing to hear guests say things like "Walt Disney created Animal Kingdom" or "Walt would be rolling in his grave over the state Epcot is in today," when in reality he probably would have been disappointed in the EPCOT Center of the 1980s. :lol: I think a lot of guests could stand to learn a little more about the man that made the parks possible.

Comment

Originally posted by Grinning Ghost View Post
                            Painting for nearly three months???
                            hey space mountain was closed a lot longer and they couldn't even get around to painting all of it :P

Comment

Working...
                            X