Announcement

Collapse
See more
See less

For EPCOT's 30th: New Country, Japan Expansion, Universe of Energy Upgrade, and More

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: For EPCOT's 30th: New Country, Japan Expansion, Universe of Energy Upgrade, and

True. It's easy to say that M:S is one of the two most popular thrill rides in the park, when there are only two thrill rides in the park. That's like a movie saying it had one of the top 5 openings of the week when there were only 5 movies opening that week!

Comment

Re: For EPCOT's 30th: New Country, Japan Expansion, Universe of Energy Upgrade, and

Ah thanks for the video. I had forgotten about that one as I was so used to the current version and the original version. I think I went once when Eric Idle did that.

Comment

Originally posted by Timon'sGirl View Post
        Ah thanks for the video. I had forgotten about that one as I was so used to the current version and the original version. I think I went once when Eric Idle did that.
        Yeah I had forgotten how much version 2 and 3 were alike. But version 3 is charming and cute, and has that blast, with the imagination room, and the great exit. I am fine with Imagination. I want new rides at World Showcase, or Wonders of Life filled.
        Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

Comment

Originally posted by KingEric View Post
          Yeah I had forgotten how much version 2 and 3 were alike. But version 3 is charming and cute, and has that blast, with the imagination room, and the great exit. I am fine with Imagination. I want new rides at World Showcase, or Wonders of Life filled.
          If I remember correctly, version 2 still had the blast (Since the imagination scanner showed our imaginations going off the charts after we're rescanned), without the Imagination Room behind it, and the exit with the starfield was there as well. In fact, I seem to remember the effect being even more amazing (less light leakage/bleeding in) in version 2.

I like version 3, especially since it usually doesn't have more than a 5 minute wait, but nowhere near as much as version 1.
          It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

Comment

Originally posted by yoyoflamingo View Post
            If I remember correctly, version 2 still had the blast (Since the imagination scanner showed our imaginations going off the charts after we're rescanned), without the Imagination Room behind it, and the exit with the starfield was there as well. In fact, I seem to remember the effect being even more amazing (less light leakage/bleeding in) in version 2.

I like version 3, especially since it usually doesn't have more than a 5 minute wait, but nowhere near as much as version 1.
            I remember the blast in version 2 scaring the c*ap out of me. lol and I was 18. lol
            Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

Comment

Originally posted by Cookie View Post
              [Spain would sit between Morocco and France] Like the country does in real life? Interesting transition.
              Originally posted by Ride Warrior View Post
              Spain juxtaposed between France and Morocco would be a way cool example of art imitating life.
              It makes perfect sense. I went on a field trip to Andalusia and Madrid in 2009 and it was a real blend of European and Moorish architecture and culture. The Alhambra was really beautiful but parts of it literally look like they're straight out of the Morocco pavilion.

I could see Madrid being drawn from. The Plaza Mayor could be replicated beautifully, with great spaces for shopping and dining in the plaza. The facade of the bullfight arena could be used.

But, seriously, most of the sights we saw in Andalusia were basically the Morocco pavilion.

Originally posted by aimster View Post
              During the Captain EO cast previews, Imagineering stated they have BIG plans for the Imagination pavilion but weren't at liberty to say anything other than that.
              Because THAT definitely means something will happen soon... I hate it when they say things like that.

Originally posted by Disney Romantic View Post
              The problem now facing Mt Fuji is that the concept may be too similar to Expedition Everest, although I'm sure they could come up with some way to make it unique if they really wanted to put forth the creative effort.
              No... I love the idea of a runaway locomotive careening in and out of a mountain. That would be totally unique.

Originally posted by Ride Warrior View Post
              Exactly. Disney's change in policy [on Fab Five characters in EPCOT Center] showed good character.
              Booo.

Originally posted by danyoung View Post
              But this current version [of Journey into Imagination]? It almost makes me angry by the time I get to the end of it. I'm glad it works for you, but for me it's a total waste of space and energy!
              Me too! I honestly walked off angry. The troll-like cast members that sit in the dark at the unload wearing their lab coats didn't look so happy either.

HISTA, too. The air conditioning was broken in the queue. The pre-show is so terrible I could literally recreate it in a Powerpoint. The film is outdated and freaky. Eugh.

Originally posted by KingEric View Post
              I have ridden all 3 versions. And I really like the use of the imagination song at the end of this ride, and I like the homage to the old room, when you get the "blast"
              That blast! When we rode the ride I finally got my (then) 4 year-old brother to open his eyes and take his hands off his ears, when: "Imagination is a real BLAST! BOOOOOOOOOOOM!" He was not happy.

How is that a reference to the former attraction? I don't like it either way...
              -Hale (wumbology)

a.k.a. h2mc, omnimover.mousetalgia, omnimover, wumbology, hogbackmtn, hhmcsharry, Hale M., h2m, h2mc

(I've never visited Disneyland Resort, Tokyo Disney Resort, Disneyland Resort Paris, nor Hong Kong Disneyland Resort, so don't be fooled when I pretend to know what I'm talking about. [But I'm pretty good with the information, if I do say so myself. And you can hit me all you want with Walt Disney World.])

Comment

If Japan ever gets an attraction, the two most likely choices would be Meet the World or The Mount Fugi Rollerocaster.
                A year that holds the challenge of truly bringing Earth into the 21st Century.

Comment

Working...
                X