X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Dress Code Question

Hello everyone,
    I am heading to WDW in t-minus 3 days!!! My family has decided to make t shirts for this special occasion. So i decided to cut my t shirt up and make it like this Google Image Result for http://www.hollywoodbackwash.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/11/travis-barker-dead.jpg As you can see it is sleeveless and goes pretty far down. You can see the side of my chest in it. Do you think disney will let me in like that or do i need some sort of undershirt under it? Thank you for your time.
    Come join me and my co-hosts to learn all the latest news about the amusement park industry and disney LIVE! every Tuesday at 7:30 est time on http://amusementradio.com/
    or listen to all are shows at http://www.coastineastpodcast.com/
    Remember to Sit Down, Strap In, and Coast On

Re: Dress Code Question

you will be fine. those kind of shirts are all over. There have only been 2 times I have been stopped at a park for dress code... one was at Mickey's Not So Scary when I went as the Yellow Fanta Girl... and the other was at Universal when my t-shirt was interpreted as offensive (which it wasn't) and I had to turn it inside out.
    Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

Comment

Just curious, King - what did they say was offensive about your shirt?

Comment

Hmm... don't see a problem here. I'm glad you thought to ask though! Most people would just wear it and forget it, and some people wear things that are completely inappropriate to parks! It's good to see someone ask about these things first.

Comment

Originally posted by danyoung View Post
          Just curious, King - what did they say was offensive about your shirt?
          It was a 2 sided shirt.

Front: Wanna get off...
          Back: Campus

It was a college apartment complex t-shirt. While I understand what people might find offensive, I found it interesting that UO wouldn't allow me past security. So I had to turn it inside out. (mind you I arrived there at 8pm to go to the bars)
          Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

Comment

This is why I love nude beaches.

In regards to WDW's dress code, me thinks they need to fix their own CM dress code and return the Disney look to it's former glory before they have the right to ask you how to dress in their parks. But I will say this much: please dress down casually but avoid offensive material on tee shirts. I am old school.. and I am bothered by stuff like the fcuk brand, women wearing bathing suit tops instead of blouses of teeshirs, or young men showing their underwear above their waist. In Tokyo, I have seen some japanese guests wear some really disgusting english messages on teeshirts, but because of the language barrier, no one there seems to be offended nor understand how offensive some of those teeshirts can be. To anyone visiting the parks.. I just ask that you please think these parks are for families and there will be young children, so be prudent. And if you have ugly feet, avoid sandals.

Comment

One of my friends five years ago was walking into the MK after tossing his t-shirt because he spilt whatever on it(cheap white tee) he was just going to buy a souvenir shirt to replace it, Disney Security stated to him that he had to cover up his nipples after placing two large shamrock stickers over his nipples(high school's the home of the shamrocks and we were on a high school trip) and he was allowed to walk into the park..and promptly bought a souvenir shirt, but still..

Telling that story you should be good to go..
              The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom.
              -George S. Patton

Comment

I would put something under it. it's Disney, have a little modesty. You will fit in though, it is nice for you to even ask. I've seen a whole lot worse.
                Good morning, son
                In twenty years from now
                Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
                And I can tell you 'bout today
                And how I picked you up and everything changed
                It was pain
                Sunny days and rain
                I knew you'd feel the same things...

sigpic

Comment

Oh, one more thing.. if you really want to have an eye opening experience at the MK.. just sit on the curb an hour before the parade and watch the parade of fashions go by... You will be shaking your head in disbelief.

Comment

If you have to ask, it's not proper for a family park.especially Disney!......Why would you even what to wear it?..........Do you really need to draw that attention to yourself? or is that what you really want??.the attention?

In my opinion they need to stop you at the gate!

Sorry just my opinion

AKK

Comment

Originally posted by Tonka's Skipper View Post
                      If you have to ask, it's not proper for a family park.especially Disney!......Why would you even what to wear it?..........Do you really need to draw that attention to yourself? or is that what you really want??.the attention?

In my opinion they need to stop you at the gate!

Sorry just my opinion

AKK
                      I'm sorry that you don't realize wdw is EXTREMELY HOT in AUGUST and i cut my shirt so id keep cool. So I don't know where you got this attention thing from? Next time maybe think before you speak
                      Come join me and my co-hosts to learn all the latest news about the amusement park industry and disney LIVE! every Tuesday at 7:30 est time on http://amusementradio.com/
                      or listen to all are shows at http://www.coastineastpodcast.com/
                      Remember to Sit Down, Strap In, and Coast On

Comment

Been there, done that in August and its amazing how so many thousands of other folks manage a regular T shirt It is especailly odd your thinking of wearing another shirt under it..........so.....hot must not be your 1st concern!

So I repeat,you seem to think you need to draw attention by asking and wearing a cut up top..........but of course.........your impressed with yourself........so you will wear what you want..so why ask in the first place.!

AKK

Comment

Wow! I think Tonka's Skipper needs to lay off the coffee for a couple of days. It looks to me like Ryan asked a simple question, and Skipper answered it with a sledgehammer, making accusations that had no basis at all in fact. Uncool, Skipper!

Comment

This past week in DL I saw one older man TOPLESS in line for the Storybook Land Canal Boats and another guest wear a shirt with a picture of Pres. Obama and the text "D**** Bag" on it. Obviously that was not a problem for DCA security or DCA guest relations...

Comment

I don't think anything is wrong with wearing the shirt like that. His family created shirts to wear and he is trying to think of the best way to wear it for himself and stay as cool as possible.

People handle being in the heat differently, so one person may be able to tolerate a closed tshirt where another may be more comfy in a more open tshirt.

Ryan Imagineer, I hope you have a Fantastic trip and that you post a trip report when you get back!
                              Last edited by FantasticDuck; 08-17-2010, 09:11 AM. Reason: forgot something
                              With great pride: Disney Store Cast Member August 2011-Present

D23 Charter Member - 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012

WDW Trips: June 2012, 2010, 2008, 2007, 1997, 1996, 1994

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan Imagineer View Post
                                Hello everyone,
                                I am heading to WDW in t-minus 3 days!!! My family has decided to make t shirts for this special occasion. So i decided to cut my t shirt up and make it like this Google Image Result for http://www.hollywoodbackwash.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/11/travis-barker-dead.jpg As you can see it is sleeveless and goes pretty far down. You can see the side of my chest in it. Do you think disney will let me in like that or do i need some sort of undershirt under it? Thank you for your time.
                                Absolutely fine.

You are covered up but cool. Perfect. Wish I had the body to wear the same.

You see FAR worse and less appropriate in the parks these days.
                                MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

Find us on Facebook: .

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,
                                Save

Comment

Is that you Ryan on that photo??

HUBBA HUBBA!!! Screw the dress code, baby.. YOU GO! to the park looking like that!!!

Comment

I have been greatly out voted!

My PERSONEL opinion is cut up raggy dress is not for a family park!

Ryan, I at no time ment to hurt your feelings and if I did I aplogize!

Have a great trip!..AKK

Comment

Originally posted by tdlfan View Post
                                      is that you ryan on that photo??

Hubba hubba!!! Screw the dress code, baby.. You go! To the park looking like that!!!
                                      lol!
                                      With great pride: Disney Store Cast Member August 2011-Present

D23 Charter Member - 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012

WDW Trips: June 2012, 2010, 2008, 2007, 1997, 1996, 1994

Comment

I think its fine! People wear MUCH worse.

When I first read the post I didn't even look to see who was posting, and thought you were female (I don't know why, I guess my brain associates cutting up shirts with women??) and was thinking "Jeeze....at least wear a sports bra!!" HAHA!!

Comment

Working...
                                        X