Announcement

Collapse

The Future of the MiceChat Forums

See more
See less

Last Tour to Endor Party (Star Tours closing)

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trip Report Last Tour to Endor Party (Star Tours closing)

Last night I attended the "Last Tour to Endor" party at Disney's Hollywood Studios. I live locally in Orlando, and had never attended a Star Wars Celebration before (which I will review separately), so I was a little unsure how "into it" people might be there. It was a lot of fun.
    The official party was 8 pm to 1 am, but the tickets allowed entry after 4 pm - price was $75. Other than special fireworks, they really had not explained a whole lot about what would be going on except to say "special entertainment". I had been to Star Wars Weekends many times this past year. They borrowed the Hyperspace Hoolpa show from that, but re-did a few of the songs. The midnight fireworks - starting with, of course, the THX warm-up sound, followed by the Fox Fanfare and then the traditional John Williams music, with various audio track clips from the movie woven in to tell the story. If you remember seeing the Star Wars movies as a kid like I do, its still fun to hear things like "the force will be with you, always" and it immediately brings back all those great memories.

The highlight of the night however was something they really couldn't advertise ahead of time. The Indiana Jones show was done as a "mash-up" between the Indy characters and the Star Wars characters. I'm sure someone has already posted the video on You-Tube - the title of the show was "Raiders of the Lost Jedi Temple of Doom." After Indy drops down by rope from the ceiling and moves across the floor - sparks start coming down, and Boba Fett descends to a roaring crowd. As Boba looks across and see's Indy he says, "We meet again, Solo" - and the crowd laughs hysterically. The gold statue was replaced with a light saber, Obi-Wan is somehow under the boulder when it rolls down, Marion is replaced with Princess Lei in her "Jabba Slave" get-up, etc. C-3PO and R2 wander into the set, which they keep referring to as Mos Eisley. Boba Fett Continues to chase down Indy, Darth Maul shows up to battle Indy instead of the traditional turban wearing bad guy, and finally the "German Mechanic" role is Darth Vader - the plane standing in for the Millenium Falcon. (I'm sure I've spelled a few character names wrong, my apologies). The other fun part was that before the show began, "guest relations" people keep bringing in more people to the front row seating, and everyone was standing up saying "who is it" - Anthony Daniels, Jamie King, Seth Green, and George Lucas himself were all there in the crowd watching. Lucas waved to the audience as he arrived and left, but the other three all participated as "extras" in the show, and took their moment at the hand held microphone to say a few words to the audience. So all in all, it was a really cool event - and a lot of fun to watch.

After the fireworks we rode Star Tours one more time, and thankfully, we had a good crowd in our ship, all cheering and applauding, and speaking the dialogue of Rex 5 seconds before he did. The evening ended with a "power down" of the the ride. An Imagineer took to the Jedi Training stage, who was of course then interrupted by Darth Vader who expressed his dis-pleasure. Boba Fett shows up and throws a "device" into the open sheild doors, after a few seconds several blasts of fireworks erupt from several different points above the roof, and the lights on the Star Tours posters and Fast Pass entry signs all go dark.

We had a great time.

Here is a link to my photos on flickr:

Keep reading below for video!
    Last edited by jeffrey orl fla; 08-15-2010, 05:15 PM. Reason: add link to photos

Re: Last Tour to Endor Party (Star Tours closing)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-cOBsaKf7YA]YouTube - Raiders of the Lost Jedi Temple of Doom - Star Wars Celebration V Disney Last Tour to Endor[/ame]

And here is a link to some of the "Raiders of the Lost Jedi Temple of Doom" show.

Comment

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hAYKO-0QHDQ&feature=channel]YouTube - Star Tours Shutdown Ceremony at Disney's Hollywood Studios Last Tour to Endor[/ame]

Here is link to the "Power Down" ceremony - the closing of Star Tours.

Comment

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMYyNzdrCkA&feature=channel]YouTube - Star Wars Symphony in the Stars Fireworks Spectacular - Disney's Last Tour to Endor[/ame]

Another link to the Symphony in the Stars fireworks.

Comment

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9XNDt3iCAM]YouTube - Greased Lightning with a Star Wars Flair[/ame]

Here is another link I found to part of the Hyperspace Hoopla from last night featuring Han Solo in "Greased Lightning".

Comment

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2eCHtHpl9vA&feature=related]YouTube - George Lucas - Last Tour to Endor - Disney's Hollywood Studios[/ame]

Here is a link to George Lucas arriving at the "Raiders of the Lost Jedi Temple of Doom" show from last night. This person lucked out with great seats right behind him, wow!

Comment

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2ApIpd8p00]YouTube - The Last Tour to Endor at Disney's Hollywood Studios[/ame]

Here is a link to a web-cast about the Indy/Jedi mash-up.

Comment

I watched the video of the stunt show last night and died laughing. It was so awesome. I'd love to see that version during Star Wars Weekends, but the "average joe" tourist totally wouldn't get it. That show was definitely for the hard core fans.

I'm really kicking myself I wasn't able to go to Celebration V or the party at DHS. Maybe next time if Celebration VI is back in Orlando or something.

Comment

I watched the video and thought it was entertaining, even for someone like me who isn't huge into Star Wars OR Indy.

I do think it's strange they had the power down ceremony though, since the attraction is still open until September 8th...
                  It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

Comment

Thanks for the video links!

The person sitting behind Mr. Lucas is on one of the SW sites I go to so that video I saw already.

Comment

Originally posted by yoyoflamingo View Post
                      I watched the video and thought it was entertaining, even for someone like me who isn't huge into Star Wars OR Indy.

I do think it's strange they had the power down ceremony though, since the attraction is still open until September 8th...
                      Oh I'm sure there were people at the party who weren't aware of the Sept 8th "official closing". But since Celebration V was probably already planned and set a long time ago (...in a galaxy far, far, away ), this party was probably kind of shoehorned in and themed as it was since the dates for Celebration couldn't be moved back a few weeks to really coincide with the attraction closing.

Comment

Fantastic. Thank you Jeffrey.
                        MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

Find us on Facebook: .

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,
                        Save

Comment

Thanks once again for all of those video links, Jeffrey!

Something I wish they would have done for the Symphony in the Stars fireworks show was to use the Victory Celebration theme from the ROTJ special edition. That would've mirrored the fireworks that we see in the film when the galaxy is celebrating the fall of the Empire. Otherwise, an outstanding fireworks show!

Comment

I attended the event as well, and had a great time (part due to the Indy/Star Wars mash up -- I attended the 2nd show as well, and part due to the group of friends I was with). My husband is a huge Indiana Jones fan, and my brother and most of the rest of our group are huge Star Wars fans, so I caught on to most of the show's inside humor through years of association. One of my favorites was certainly when Greedo showed up.

Han shot first!

Comment

It was a great event. Excellent even.
                              -Bill

Comment

D23: The Official Disney Fan Club

And now, the "really last" flight to Endor.

Hmmm, I thought I went on the last flight.

I guess D23 didn't want to be outdone by Celebration V.

Comment

Originally posted by jeffrey orl fla View Post
                                  YouTube - George Lucas - Last Tour to Endor - Disney's Hollywood Studios

Here is a link to George Lucas arriving at the "Raiders of the Lost Jedi Temple of Doom" show from last night. This person lucked out with great seats right behind him, wow!
                                  I was the "lucky person" who sat right behind GL. I knew we were in VIP, because Anthony Daniels was sitting to my right, and Seth Green and Jaime King were sitting right behing me, but I never expected the Maker himself to pop up directly in front of me. I was trembling throughout the entire show!

Comment

Working...
                                  X