Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spaceship Earth Finally Going to be Completed?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Chat] Spaceship Earth Finally Going to be Completed?

Saw this on that other site where they list construction paperwork filed with Orange County:

Does this mean they're finally going to finish the decent tunnel? I hope so. Those black curtains stood out to me more than usual when I rode it a couple weeks ago.

Guess we'll have to wait and see!

Re: Spaceship Earth Finally Going to be Completed?

Saw this too, but I'm getting my hopes up...for this or the EE project listed too.

Still, you never know though.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

Comment

I hear ya. Like I said, we'll have to wait and see.

Comment

Yes, after being completed and uncompleted since '82

Timekeeper
        sigpicNow the Tower of Sauron has fallen
        Also, this picture and my Avatar was taken with a Nintendo DSi System and Nyko Magnification Lens & Case for DSi.

Comment

With so many rumors that float around, I only put stock in any changes when I see the construction walls go up in the park. LOL

Comment

Spaceship Earth has had so many damn remodels already.

If the rumour is true, hopefully they won`t change too much on the ride and let it be after that.

Comment

Well since the paperwork says "Completion of Project", and the one thing that supposedly isn't complete is the descent tunnel, one can only hope that's what the paperwork is referring to. Nothing else on the ride, just the descent tunnel. Those black curtains were more noticeable than normal my last visit. I'm dying to know whar (if anything) is hiding behind them.

Comment

I'd also like to see them use the top of the dome to better effect. That is such a huge space and used for next to nothing. It would be awesome if they, at the very least, projected something dynamic up there. Like the big bang with the universe constantly expanding, contracting, exploding, and expanding again. Beautiful colorful. OR have a huge earth hung from the ceiling with the moon and satellites orbiting around it and just over your head.

This is my FAVORITE ride at Epcot right up until your vehicle rotates for its return to earth. Then it is quite literally all down hill.

SO much more that could be done with the last 1/3 of this ride.
                MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

Find us on Facebook: .

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,
                Save

Comment

Originally posted by Dustysage View Post
                  This is my FAVORITE ride at Epcot right up until your vehicle rotates for its return to earth. Then it is quite literally all down hill.

SO much more that could be done with the last 1/3 of this ride.
                  Oh yeah... the climax is no longer really a climax and goes to poo after that. It's really a shame with attractions aren't nearly up to their former glory.. and not even due to being dated, but because they've been reduced or neutered.

Comment

Working...
                  X