Announcement

Collapse

Forum Issues

The MiceChat staff is listening to your PM's and the notes provided in the flagged posts. We will provide more information in a post that will be published no later than Sunday night, 6/23/19. The link will be provided here.
See more
See less

Tower hasn't changed back yet

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News Tower hasn't changed back yet

As of yesterday, Sunday 8-15, The Tower of Terror is still in Nightastic mode.

A bientot.
    Remember
    What the dormouse said
    Feed your head!

sigpic

You've read it; you can't unread it!

Re: Tower hasn't changed back yet

Well, Nightastic did *just* end. Give them a day or two.

Comment

Do you really think they will change it back? If that is the case, then I missed the Nightastic overlay. That's how interesting the whole idea sounded to me. yawn..

Comment

I forgot, what was in Nightastic Mode?

Timekeeper
        sigpicNow the Tower of Sauron has fallen
        Also, this picture and my Avatar was taken with a Nintendo DSi System and Nyko Magnification Lens & Case for DSi.

Comment

Originally posted by Timekeeper View Post
          I forgot, what was in Nightastic Mode?

Timekeeper
          Random drop sequence was replaced with a single, really good drop sequence. Extra minor effects throughout ride. Other than the drop, the biggest change was the 4th dimension room, where a star field covered up the usual scenery, and the elevator door has a version of the "seeing yourself plummet" effect.
          "A paradise for children--and for grownups, too. I don't know when I've had so much fun."-Richard Nixon on Disneyland

Newest Post- Epcot 30x30: Club Cool

Comment

Originally posted by Disney Romantic View Post
            Random drop sequence was replaced with a single, really good drop sequence. Extra minor effects throughout ride. Other than the drop, the biggest change was the 4th dimension room, where a star field covered up the usual scenery, and the elevator door has a version of the "seeing yourself plummet" effect.
            I personally would have them as permanent additions rather than summer-only.

Comment

Originally posted by Cookie View Post
              I personally would have them as permanent additions rather than summer-only.
              I've heard some people prefer the new drop sequence over the randoms, which I can understand. I know my fiance was quite disappointed by like half the drops we experienced because they spent too much time bouncing through short falls. I don't think this would be a terrible thing to keep around. The seeing yourself drop effect would be alright to leave as well, but I'd hope they'd remove the star field and return the original 4th dimension room, which is unique to the Hollywood Studios version.
              "A paradise for children--and for grownups, too. I don't know when I've had so much fun."-Richard Nixon on Disneyland

Comment

Originally posted by Disney Romantic View Post
                I've heard some people prefer the new drop sequence over the randoms, which I can understand. I know my fiance was quite disappointed by like half the drops we experienced because they spent too much time bouncing through short falls. I don't think this would be a terrible thing to keep around. The seeing yourself drop effect would be alright to leave as well, but I'd hope they'd remove the star field and return the original 4th dimension room, which is unique to the Hollywood Studios version.
                Does the cart move through the star field like it does with the 4th dimension room? In all other versions the cart just sits still in the elevator.

Comment

Originally posted by Cookie View Post
                  Does the cart move through the star field like it does with the 4th dimension room? In all other versions the cart just sits still in the elevator.
                  It does move through it, well, because it must to continue on the through ride. I think the extra "scenery" along the way is more interesting than a field of stars, though, and makes it doubly unique having a different ride mechanism and a different scene.

Comment

The visual effects for the digital photo of your car looked really dumb to me because of how poor the picture looked and then the little effect at the end using it was pretty lame. They can get rid of that any day now.

Comment

WARNING!!! TDLFAN is leaving shortly for DHS and hope to ride the TOT this afternoon. So CMs!!! Get your dustpans out and look pretty!! TDLFAN will be observing your bosy language and professionalism, especially park's cleanliness.

Look for handsome dude in Angry Mickey Mouse teeshirt from HKDL. Come up and say hello. I will not bite you..... too hard.

Comment

LATE BREAKING NEWS!!!

TDLFAN just rode TOT a few moments ago (the things I do for you people) and I regret to inform you that TOT's Nightasmic overlay ended yesterday. The ride is now back to the former show, but I believe the drop sequence remains the Nightasmic one. It was good fun b eing dropped twice, the long way down.

And there you have it!

On my way to ride Star Tours before it closes on september 8th.

Comment

I'm SO glad that the poorly done mirror effect is gone. It was such a cheap projection. The rest of the ride was fine, but I honestly couldn't tell what was different about it. LOL.

I'm all for them playing with the 4th Dimension room and adding or changing the effects, but that particular one was NOT well done.
                          MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

Find us on Facebook: .

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,
                          Save

Comment

Maybe it's a good thing I did not see it, or else, I would have been very critical of it. But I have to say.. (there I go again..) since Disney should be about show and not thrills... I much prefer the Hightower/Shiriki Utundu storyline from TDS, even if the drops are less intense. Also, I will have to agree with Dustysage and say that this TOT is in need of some minor upgrades.. like, they need to improve the sound effects in the library scene. The thunder noise is so bass-less.. it makes no impact. Even WDSP/DCA's thunder noice makes the room vibrate. Also.. for the love of God, this is the age of HD, so please, upgrade the TV monitor playing the preshow with a flat screen HD (preferable an Aquos brand) and frame it with a picture frame, so when seen, it looks like a picture on the wall, as opposed to a modern TV monitor in 1920s... amidts the golden days in Hollywood. OR give us Shiriki and ditch Twilight Zone.

Comment

Originally posted by TDLFAN View Post
                              Maybe it's a good thing I did not see it, or else, I would have been very critical of it. But I have to say.. (there I go again..) since Disney should be about show and not thrills... I much prefer the Hightower/Shiriki Utundu storyline from TDS, even if the drops are less intense. Also, I will have to agree with Dustysage and say that this TOT is in need of some minor upgrades.. like, they need to improve the sound effects in the library scene. The thunder noise is so bass-less.. it makes no impact. Even WDSP/DCA's thunder noice makes the room vibrate. Also.. for the love of God, this is the age of HD, so please, upgrade the TV monitor playing the preshow with a flat screen HD (preferable an Aquos brand) and frame it with a picture frame, so when seen, it looks like a picture on the wall, as opposed to a modern TV monitor in 1920s... amidts the golden days in Hollywood. OR give us Shiriki and ditch Twilight Zone.
                              You prefer the TDLR version of ToT to the WDW version???!!! Shocking!! I too love the TDS ToT, but I wouldn't want WDW to change theirs to Hotel Hightower. I think it's good for the parks to have different attractions, and I wouldn't say that the TDS ToT is necessarily better; just different. WDW's ToT is an awesome attraction - if slightly dated.

And for the love of God, don't stick an HDTV in the pre-show room. I'm not sure there's anything that would look more out of place in a hotel library from 1939 than an HDTV... True, the TV they have there currently is anachronistic, but at least it doesn't feel glaringly out of place. An HDTV would completely disrupt theming and immersion. (You also wouldn't gain much video quality as the source video footage for Rod Serling and the Twilight Zone opening are both SDTV. It's possible the source footage for everything else is high enough resolution that it would look noticeably better in HD, but that would just make Rod Serling and the Twilight Zone intro appear very grainy/out of place by comparison.)

For the record, I kind of liked the Nightastic changes to ToT... It was nice to have something a little different, and I always thought that the existing "5th dimension" effects were a little lame. A starfield may not have been super impressive, but it felt a little more "mysterious" and also, IMHO, seemed to fit the attraction slightly better. And I really liked the new lighting effects in the boiler room... Anyone know if those are gone too?
                              I knew if this business was ever to get anywhere, if this business was ever to grow, it could never do it by having to answer to someone unsympathetic to its possibilities, by having to answer to someone with only one thought or interest, namely profits. For my idea of how to make profits has differed greatly from those who generally control businesses such as ours. I have blind faith in the policy that quality, tempered with good judgment and showmanship, will win against all odds.
                              -Walt Disney

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by PSUMark View Post
                                You prefer the TDLR version of ToT to the WDW version???!!! Shocking!!
                                Yes I do, and for the record, I do like DCA's/WDSP's a bit better as well. Just my opinion and no one has to agree with me. You in particular never do! Shocking!!

For the record, I kind of liked the Nightastic changes to ToT... It was nice to have something a little different, and I always thought that the existing "5th dimension" effects were a little lame.
                                A "little"...?

A starfield may not have been super impressive, but it felt a little more "mysterious"
                                Again, there is that dreaded word "little"... Disney should not be about "little" things when it comes to their E-Tickets.

And I really liked the new lighting effects in the boiler room... Anyone know if those are gone too?
                                I did not see any lighting in the boiler room, but heard rumbling noice.. and the lower intensity of lights.. which give the boiler room a blue-ish ambiance tone.

Comment

Originally posted by TDLFAN View Post
                                  Yes I do, and for the record, I do like DCA's/WDSP's a bit better as well. Just my opinion and no one has to agree with me. You in particular never do! Shocking!!
                                  You're certainly entitled to your opinion, and it's not true that I never agree with you. I agree with you that WDW's management is crap, and on the whole DLR and TDLR are much better. I just find it kind of funny that everything is an opportunity to bash WDW and talk about how great TDLR is. It does get slightly predictable...

I apologize if it feels like I'm picking on you. That's not my intention. But I enjoy comparing the parks and your posts generally gravitate towards that so that's why I jump in sometimes. WDW deserves 90% of the crap it gets. But because I'm a WDW native like yourself, who has been to all five resorts like yourself, and chooses to be optimistic about WDW unlike yourself, I try to step in to defend WDW for the other 10% when I can.

But I can definitely appreciate where you're coming from. (As I said in another post, sometimes when I visit WDW, I have to consciously prevent myself from critiquing everything.) Most of the time you're right. I just try to balance out the negativity when I feel it's warranted
                                  I knew if this business was ever to get anywhere, if this business was ever to grow, it could never do it by having to answer to someone unsympathetic to its possibilities, by having to answer to someone with only one thought or interest, namely profits. For my idea of how to make profits has differed greatly from those who generally control businesses such as ours. I have blind faith in the policy that quality, tempered with good judgment and showmanship, will win against all odds.
                                  -Walt Disney

sigpic

Comment

The same way WDW deserves the 90% crap it gets, the other parks, and especially Tokyo, deserves the 90% praise. Maybe I am in a different position to state that since I visit all the Disney parks very often and comparisons come very easily, and it is not my fault that WDW does not compare favorably... and if I have become predictable then so be it. When WDW charges more $$$ for a 1, 2, 3 and 4 day passport over TDR's 1, 2, 3, and 4 day *basic* passport and the quality and ease of operation and efficiency are not there, you bet your hiney I will say it. So people know they are being overcharged, and the lurking management at WDW know not everyone here is as gullible as they think their audience is.

Feel free to balance the negativity with some positive vibes. Personally I don't enjoy at all being negative, especially about my hometown park and the one that I worked as a CM...oh so many decades ago. But I won't change my mine, just like I don't expect to change anyone's, because my reason d'etre ici, is for management to read more than anyone else's.

BTW... sorry if I missed you at DHS today, but if you care to join me, I will be at HKDL this monday, TDR on tuesday, and Universal Singapore on wednesday.

Comment

Well getting past all the fighting here, I just have to say that I hope Disney finally fixes the ride soon to the way it was. I have loved Tower of Terror ever since it opened at MGM Studios and I dont care that its not called that anymore. haha. I'm old schooled.

My family decided this year to visit Universal Studios for Harry Potter World instead of Disney. Not my cup of tea but the ride was cool. We are planning on going next year for WDW's 40th. Tower of Terror is something that my mom and I ride together because my dad and brother are chickens on rides that drop. My mother is obsessed with this ride. I don't think she would enjoy it if they left it the way it was fixed for the summer.

Comment

Working...
                                      X