Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Poll: What Country would you like to see added to Epcot's World Showcase?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Poll: What Country would you like to see added to Epcot's World Showcase?

Ok so there are all these fun rumors again, but let's make it MiceChat Official with a poll.

Which Country would you like to see join the World Showcase family?
    Spain
    10.26%
    Russia
    30.77%
    New Zealand
    12.82%
    Argentina
    0.00%
    Iran
    1.28%
    Poland
    0.00%
    India
    12.82%
    Brazil
    16.67%
    Egypt
    11.54%
    Oklahoma
    3.85%
    Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

Re: Poll: What Country would you like to see added to Epcot's World Showcase?

I'd like to see Equatorial Africa, Australia, Israel, Argentina and Spain. In addition to Oklahoma.. maybe Indiana?
    Avoid the gay bashing countries.. like Egypt.

Comment

Russia to me, remains a missed endeavor. I agree with Spain, but i really want a new pavillion not representing first world Europe. Also no movie links(Austrailia=Finding Nemo .etc), a full blooded cultural diarama.
      Don't think of a gun as a weapon.
      Think of it as a third arm that magically
      shoots bullets!

Comment

Originally posted by TDLFAN View Post
        I'd like to see Equatorial Africa, Australia, Israel, Argentina and Spain. In addition to Oklahoma.. maybe Indiana?
        Avoid the gay bashing countries.. like Egypt.
        Well I figured if Oklahoma was international enough for the Food and Wine Festival, then maybe it needs a permanent home. lol

Comment

Originally posted by KingEric View Post
          Well I figured if Oklahoma was international enough for the Food and Wine Festival, then maybe it needs a permanent home. lol
          I think an Idaho pavillion would be most useful as well. We could learn about how to peel potatoes more efficiently and evenly.

Comment

Not necessarily in this order:

India - world's 2nd largest country

Australia - each continent needs to be represented

Brazil - Rio - each continent needs to be represented, and Rio could celebrate Carnivale all year 'round

Israel - no denying the historical and religious significance, and even with the slaughter of the Jews in WW2, the arab world still despises, and even the Iranian president has called for the end of this country, Israel certainly deserve a space in the World Showdcase, to deny it, is to deny so much of what influences the entire world today.

Russia - one of the biggest powers in the 20th century.
            Critter Country's a mess ev'r since the Country Bears were kicked out. Ya can't cover pooh with honey and 'spect people ta like it.
            An Adventurers It's Time to Put the Spotlight Back on Bring Back the REAL Disney Gallery
            Life for Me! ~ ~ ~ Melvin, Buff, and Max!!! ~~~~ Dump the Dream Suite!
            Meese-ka Moose-ka Mice-Chatter!

Comment

Originally posted by Aladdin View Post
              India - world's 2nd largest country.
              Maybe all of the jobs in the pavillion could be outsourced to ... American workers?

Comment

Originally posted by TDLFAN View Post
                Maybe all of the jobs in the pavillion could be outsourced to ... American workers?
                oh could you imagine an attraction, where you the guest get to sit down in a cramped cubical and take tech support calls from all over the world. lol

Comment

Well that would make for a valid exhibit in an Indian pavillion... and keeps with EPCOT's traditions of being an "educational" park.

Comment

Switzerland, pull back out the plans and build it. We get the Matterhorn plus Swiss chocolates.

Add me on Facebook! http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000478611833
                    Or Follow me on Twitter! https://twitter.com/disneysroyal411
                    Add me on skype! I'm michael.good411
                    Add me on Xbox Live- royalfool101
                    Add me on PSN- royalfool101

Comment

After seeing the suggestion in the other thread, I really do want New Zealand now, although it'll never happen. Maybe we could get Australia/New Zealand in one, heh.
                      "A paradise for children--and for grownups, too. I don't know when I've had so much fun."-Richard Nixon on Disneyland

Newest Post- Epcot 30x30: Club Cool

Comment

They could add Argentina and have a ride based off of "Evita" with Madonna and Antonio Banderas singing all the songs.

Comment

India for sure - excellent food, beautiful textiles/things that could be for sale, lovely architecture, but not sure on the ride...and it must be a RIDE, not another damn film...Hmm.
                          Please consider the environment before printing useless emails

Comment

The first country I would add, Greece, is not among the poll choices. You can find my plans for it (as well as Russia, Switzerland, etc.) in an idealized World Showcase, on my new blog/website here:

Theme Park Conceptual Site Plans

Comment

Originally posted by SpectroMan View Post
                              India for sure - excellent food, beautiful textiles/things that could be for sale, lovely architecture, but not sure on the ride...and it must be a RIDE, not another damn film...Hmm.
                              There are so many different things you could do with an Indian ride.
                              I'd do a crazy "Taxi" ride (they use a lot of 2 and 4 seat little 3 wheeled motor taxis) - cute but sort of dangerous. The ride would start off as a dark ride with lots of sudden swerves to avoid other cars and trucks on India's overly crowded roads. You suddenly swerve to avoid an oncoming truck and end up diving into a temple and right through an ornate tapestry back in time through a history of India, its different cultures, gods and invaders. Through it all, your spirit guide keeps you out of harm's way, speaking in deep calming tones even as you face treacherous terrain and circumstances. Your journey never ends, but your taxi, I'm afraid, has run out of gas. Enjoy your stay here in India.

India has an ancient culture which spans the history of time itself. Human Beings have made their home in India for at least 75,000 years, but there is at least 5,000 years of recorded history. So much could be done with the ancient tales, Mugal invaders, Hindu gods and mysticism. Much potential for a vibrant and interesting ride.

I spent the better part of 5 years in India. It is truly fascinating and quite unlike anything most American's have ever seen. India would be a fantastic addition to World Showcase, Food, culture, music, and even a creative ride.
                              MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

Find us on Facebook: .

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,
                              Save

Comment

Originally posted by Disney Romantic View Post
                                After seeing the suggestion in the other thread, I really do want New Zealand now, although it'll never happen. Maybe we could get Australia/New Zealand in one, heh.
                                Australia should get a small land at DAK, and New Zealand can have a pavilion.

NZ wouldn't work at DAK seen as we don't have any animals... only birds.

Comment

Russia, India, Brazil- any of these would be a great addition. Any new pavilion would help.
                                  Russia- so much culture-colorful costumes, unique foods, Red Square, Basil Cathedral, The Kremlin, ballet.
                                  India- great food, incredible architecture, unique culture, Taj Mahal, elephants
                                  Brazil- represents South America which there are no countries yet, beaches, Amazon, carnival Foz de Iguacu, Sugar Loaf, Corcovado. Good food, interesting culture
                                  Fratsor Sister - Delta Mu Chi Alpha

ΔΜΧΑ

Comment

I voted for New Zealand. Just because I would really love to visit there. But I also like Egypt to be one too. I think Egypt would be more fun. But I'm not sure if I would want to try Egyptian food. So I went with New Zealand.
                                    Hayley B. - MiceChat's very own Delawarean. :bow:

Join MiceChat Gold.

Comment

Originally posted by Bryce05 View Post
                                      Australia should get a small land at DAK, and New Zealand can have a pavilion.

NZ wouldn't work at DAK seen as we don't have any animals... only birds.
                                      However, it is the second most awesome bird after the penguin. Animal Kingdom needs Kiwi: The Ride. I really would like to see Australia at DAK, since it's pretty much where the adorable freaks of the animal kingdom go to live.
                                      "A paradise for children--and for grownups, too. I don't know when I've had so much fun."-Richard Nixon on Disneyland

Newest Post- Epcot 30x30: Club Cool

Comment

Switzerland!

Add me on Facebook! http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000478611833
                                        Or Follow me on Twitter! https://twitter.com/disneysroyal411
                                        Add me on skype! I'm michael.good411
                                        Add me on Xbox Live- royalfool101
                                        Add me on PSN- royalfool101

Comment

Working...
                                        X