Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Halloween party? Anyone excited?

The popular MNSSHP is cooming to the MK again beginniing in mid sept. I love the party but has skipped it because they keep recycling the same parade, pyro, decor and offerings year after year. But this year, they claim the castle stage show has been expanded to include more characters. I am all for anything new they can add to this party, especially since I have been conditioned to expect new shows/parades/decor/theme at TDR year after year..at regular day park prices mind you.

So, is the new "expanded" show an incentive to fork up money to see "Hallowishes" and the "Boo to them" Parade once again? Of course, filling up the bags with candy and coming home to pig out may be worth the price but still... I can buy that much more candy at the grocery store for less money.

EDIT>>> 4th choice of poll should read "DO NOT plan to attend" So I am dyslepsic. Sorry.

So.. there is a poll up there. Tell us how you feel about this.
    Attend it no matter what, how much it cost or how little they offer
    40.63%
    Will wait to see what others have to say in their party trip reports.
    18.75%
    Will go only if I can get discounted tickets.
    9.38%
    No dot plan to attend because of cost/entertainment options/not worth it.
    31.25%

The poll is expired.

Last edited by TDLFAN; 08-16-2010, 11:32 AM.

Re: Halloween party? Anyone excited?

Crickets. Obviously no one is excited about HNSSHP anymore.

Comment

Overall I am kind of meh... My money during halloween times goes to UO... it is all about HHN, Express, costumes, being fancy, and crying like a little girl
      Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

Comment

Originally posted by KingEric View Post
        Overall I am kind of meh... My money during halloween times goes to UO... it is all about HHN, Express, costumes, being fancy, and crying like a little girl
        OoooH OoooH! You'd love HKDL's approach to halloween, with their scary haunted mazes such as Main Street Haunted Hotel and Demon Jungle.

Comment

What a ridiculous choice. We have known how much it costs, most of the activities and what does and doesn't go with it for months. I've had my tickets for over 2 months. I'm excited, as are many others I know. How would changing the Boo to You parade improve it? The candy is a crapshoot, but always fun. You must work for Gallup since the answers you want are given breathe and real choices are absent. No one is taking your poll because it's not a poll, it's a rant.

Comment

My answer is non of the above (I chose 1) I would go if i had more time, but we are going on a quick trip so there's just no time to devote to it. I would love love to go. I've never been so none of that stuff is recycled to me.
            Good morning, son
            In twenty years from now
            Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
            And I can tell you 'bout today
            And how I picked you up and everything changed
            It was pain
            Sunny days and rain
            I knew you'd feel the same things...

sigpic

Comment

well if youv'e seen TDR and WDW Halloween. Then try something new! Visit DLR! If its possible! :]

Comment

Originally posted by TDLFAN View Post
                OoooH OoooH! You'd love HKDL's approach to halloween, with their scary haunted mazes such as Main Street Haunted Hotel and Demon Jungle.
                I really want to try HKDL or WDSP ... they look epic

Comment

Never been to the Halloween party & I have no desire to. I'm really not a Halloween person.

Comment

This will be my second MNSSHP and I'm (we're) dressing up for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Daisy'sno1fan View Post
                      What a ridiculous choice. We have known how much it costs, most of the activities and what does and doesn't go with it for months. I've had my tickets for over 2 months. I'm excited, as are many others I know. How would changing the Boo to You parade improve it? The candy is a crapshoot, but always fun. You must work for Gallup since the answers you want are given breathe and real choices are absent. No one is taking your poll because it's not a poll, it's a rant.
                      This was not meant as a rant, and the choices I put on the poll are actually quite real. However, you chose to take my poll on a personal level and for that I apologize if you are offended.
                      I wish I could have the same abandon in regards to attending the party as you appear to do, having chosen the #1 answer, which is odd because I am just as or maybe more hardcore disney park fan than you?
                      But.. I am genuinely glad you will attend and will enjoy it, no matter how much it cost or how little they do to entertain you. If all else fails.. you can always spend the next three days eating candy!!!

Me? I actually may attend if the reviews I hear from other guests are positive, and that was the reason for my seeking opinion on what other people will do here.

But I will answer one of your concerns.. you asked how can they improve the Boo to You Parade? In many ways in fact... like changing the music every few years or so, changing the theming, costuming.. etc etc. Again little things like that would make it more enjoyable for those of us who consider/are willing and able/would enjoy going to the party every year. I am not going to apologize if after 3-4 years of the same entertainment, things go stale for me, especially when there is a separate ticket price to be paid for. Things going stale for me does not mean they are bad, because they are not. I am just disappointed that for a HARD TICKET party where guests are made to pay and extra ticket fee, there is not much new that makes it worth re-visiting. I think Universal understands this and that is why they do a new theme and new mazes year after year for their Horror Nights, and see how packed their HHNs are, year after year.

But again, if I must place blame for my feelings, then I blame Tokyo DL since they never play the same halloween parade twice, and every year, they change the music, the floats, the costuming and the overall theme of the halloween event, and that makes me more giddy to look foward to what they do, as opposed to knowing ahead of time that WDW will do the same old thing that's been done before. Tokyo has raised my expectations to a level that WDW can't meet. Don't take this personally.. it's not an attack. I am just saying...

Honestly, If it wasn't because I know there will be an expanded castle show this year, I would not have even bothered posting this.

And daisy's#1.. one more thing: Isn't it ironic that you like Daisy so much to call her #1, yet you will be pressed to find her around any park at WDW or even find any merchandise with her image on it? Over in Tokyo Disney, Daisy has her own line of merchandise, appears regularly for meets and greets and even stars on some of the top live shows at both parks. I wish the WDW management had the same love for Daisy as you do.

__________________________________________________ __________________________

But my question still stands: Is there anyone interested in attending just to see the expanded version of the castle show?

__________________________________________________ __________________________

And Eric... yes, the halloween events in HK, Tokyo and Paris are quite epic. In HK and Tokyo they are epic events *included in the regular admission price*, no extra fees as the case with the MK's MNSSHP. I have not had the chance to see the events at DLR but I hear they are moving the Mickey's Halloween Party over to DL park this year.. and maybe I will make a point of attending that party instead.. and catch HHNs at USH. HKDL is repeating most of the same stuff (like WDW) for the 3rd year in a row but I have missed Halloween in HKDL the last two years.. so I am looking fowards to seeing their Glow in the Dark Parade, which in my humble opinion, is one of the best halloween parades of any of the parks operated by Disney co. Fingers crossed on that.
                      Last edited by TDLFAN; 08-17-2010, 12:21 AM.

Comment

I've yet to vote, but I'm thinking I'll happily go with you. The fact is, we're not buying or going to WDW until our house sells in Colorado. We just moved here to Florida, but the move has tapped us on many levels. Once the house sells and my husOtter has moved here full time, we're getting our APs....

....and will start enjoying these special events. Outside of Gay Days at D-Land, I've never done anything like it. So the entire presentation will be new and exciting, even if it is old and repeated for everyone else.

The mere fact there's a poll tells me this is something special, so I'm on it!

Peace,
                        Roo

PS: Just reviewed the poll...can't really answer given my situation. Hmmm....
                        husband, petowner, wordsmith, imagineer, martialist, playwright, traveller, ardent, wit, critic, barista, Taoist, superhero, fortuneteller, reader, fidget, teacher, dreamer, author, blogger, ghosthunter, voter, patient, bear, gourmand, Floridian, friend

Comment

Originally posted by RooBear View Post
                          I've yet to vote, but I'm thinking I'll happily go with you. The fact is, we're not buying or going to WDW until our house sells in Colorado. We just moved here to Florida, but the move has tapped us on many levels. Once the house sells and my husOtter has moved here full time, we're getting our APs....

....and will start enjoying these special events. Outside of Gay Days at D-Land, I've never done anything like it.
                          Be awared.. the AP does not get you into these special events. You still have to purchase a separate ticket for them, but the APers do get a special discount on selected nights only... in case you didn't know.

So the entire presentation will be new and exciting, even if it is old and repeated for everyone else.
                          Oh don't get me wrong. The Halloween party is a LOT OF FUN! My only petpeeve is the lack of new entetertainment from one year to the next, but it IS a fun time at the park. I just don't want to pay again to see the same stuff they have done for the past 5-7 years already. Now, if all of this was there at regular ticket prices.. you bet your hiney I'd be there as fast as you can say "who loves Daisy Duck?"

Maybe we can get TravisMT to join plus the two of you and I, and go together..and make this Mickey's Very Scary gay halloween Party?? LOL! We Can dress up as bears, or in drag, like Cherny did a few years ago as Lindsay Cocaine Lohan. That was so much fun!!!

Comment

We are going on Oct 26th, come join us. We make our own fun! Always more fun with a group of friends. We are going to Halloween Horror Nights at Universal as well this year!!!

Here's the schedule, I hope you'll join us:
                            http://micechat.com/forums/meets-eve...0-join-us.html

-Dusty
                            MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

Find us on Facebook: .

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,
                            Save

Comment

OooooH! That^^^ sounds like a plan!

Comment

Originally posted by TDLFAN View Post
                                Maybe we can get TravisMT to join plus the two of you and I, and go together..and make this Mickey's Very Scary gay halloween Party?? LOL! We Can dress up as bears, or in drag, like Cherny did a few years ago as Lindsay Cocaine Lohan. That was so much fun!!!
                                well if TravisMT is going i have to go too.

Comment

Yes, you can come too Eric, the more, the gayest the party would be.

Comment

Aw poop! The MC event is a school night! I'll see what I can do.

Can adults go in costume? I'm all for it...of course I'll be wearing my fur as it is!

Peace,
                                    Roo
                                    husband, petowner, wordsmith, imagineer, martialist, playwright, traveller, ardent, wit, critic, barista, Taoist, superhero, fortuneteller, reader, fidget, teacher, dreamer, author, blogger, ghosthunter, voter, patient, bear, gourmand, Floridian, friend

Comment

Of course I am excited, the tickets were bought for Halloween night the day they went on sale. We usually go 2 nights but we have yet to decide what the 2nd night will be. I will of course wear the SW costume one night but we have something extra special planned for Halloween night.

I think the park is fantastic on the nights of the party, less crowds, fun spooky atmosphere. Being a closet Goth girl and full out Halloween and costume freak....this is the Disney trip I wait for each year.
                                      There's Always Room For a 1000.....Hurry Back

Comment

Originally posted by RooBear View Post
                                        Aw poop! The MC event is a school night! I'll see what I can do.
                                        School night? How old are you, 12?
                                        Originally posted by Roobear
                                        Can adults go in costume? I'm all for it...of course I'll be wearing my fur as it is!
                                        Woof! maybe I can dress as a "cub", and we'll have them howling..
                                        PS- Yes, adults can dress up too and usually have the best costumes in the park. They are also the ones who knock over the kids out of the way to get to that candy.. which is what I enjoy looking at the most.. knocking over the kiddy brats. HA!

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X