X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TravisMT81
    replied
    Re: Halloween party? Anyone excited?

btw I will be at the party September 23rd!

Leave a comment:

• cris77
    replied

Awww, I hope I can be as generous with my kids' friends when they're older! Just remember that Halloween weekend will be pretty packed, possibly including that last party on Nov 1. The resort buses all run pretty regularly, so it should be safe for you and your friend to go out at night. As with everything else though, just be careful and use common sense!

Originally posted by fangalicious44 View Post
    Hmmm... Okay thank you so much! My friend and I have been trying to convince her parents to let us go, so we're hoping that we will be able to talk them into it. Hopefully this will help, so thank you!

Leave a comment:

• cris77
    replied

So... has anyone posted any TRs/pics yet from last night's party?

Leave a comment:

• TDLFAN
    replied

That would be Tokyo DISNEYSea.. hehehe.

Anyways.. I hate to say it again since I am definitely a broken record, but will not back off from the facts. I just went to TDR's Halloween celebration yesterday and again... *sighs* ... I am forced to tell everyone here, and especially the lazy arse cheap management at WDW, that what OLC has put together for halloween at TDR is 5 times BIGGER and BETTER over what the MK will offer at a premium hard ticket event. Going to Tokyo and seeing the maginficent effort they have put into this year's new decor, new theming, new merchandise, all new parade, pyro show and soundtrack is definitely worth the $65 they are charging at WDW for the same OLD parade, hallowishes and trick or treating. It definitely brings the point across that guests at WDW are royally screwed with a party charge that does not meet the event in the least. Tokyo's effort this year makes the MNSSHP look and feel horribly cheap and minimal, and I feel management at WDW should be ashamed to offer so LITTLE at such HIGH prices. Whereas the guests in TDL are paying the regular price of admission and getting a Halloween event that finds the entire parks decked out in fabulously meticulous decor, merchandise, with day and evening halloween spectaculars that are ALL NEW at TDL (or revised as is the case for TDS) for this year.

If what WDW is doing is not arm-robbery, I don't know what is!! It is just sad how OLC continues to outdo Disney one better with their own product licence. Sad sad sad. Even what I saw in HKDL this week is also more enticing over the minimal MNSSHP at the MK. (Shameless plug) Just got check the pics and videos from TDR online if you don't believe me. I dare you look, and dare you come back and defend WDW for their lazy efforts.

But again.. I must say this... it is the guests who make the MK's MNSSHP fun, dressing up and such but the special entertainment only meets the quota and does not surpass the expectations anymore (simply because we all know they will do the same old stuff yet once again), and yesterday some of the guests at TDL were walking around with home made disney costumes that were mind-blowing gorgeous. But my rant with WDW management is CHARGING A HARD TICKET PRICE for the party. If the offerings at the party were of the same high caliber as Tokyo's, them maybe I would be more positive about this issue. It's tragic guests have to make the party fun so they feel they got their money's worth, while OLC strives to make Halloween spectacular to exceed expectations, and suceeds doing so.
    Last edited by TDLFAN; 09-09-2010, 09:40 PM.

Leave a comment:

• wdwprince
    replied

Originally posted by TDLFAN View Post
    Well, yes, you are being compulsive!! LOL I don't think I would go visit more than once, especially since there is a hard ticket price involved.

but again, my issue with this is not the party itself. They are fun to attend, but I feel they need to expand and change things around. I also don't see why Disney has to charge extra for these things. Tokyo and Hong Kong do not. Just because Universal charges for their gorefests does not mean that Disney should do the same. At least Universal goes out of the way to offer new things every year. Disney does not. See my point?
    My argument is not about the fun factor of the parties but about content. After 2-3 yrs of seeing the same, at a premium price every year, it gets old and no longer amuses as much. I can see why the infrequent visitors may benefit from these events but local guests and APers? not worth it.
    Yes, I heard what you said the first time. I wasn't arguing your point, simply stating mine. Personally, I could live in mnsshp.
    Are you located in Tokyo or HK? I was in HK in 2009 and I didn't even go to Disneyland because its so underdeveloped and targeted to young children. Now I kind of wish I went just to have seen it. I chose Ocean Park instead and that was impressive.
    I hope to go to Tokyo next year. I'll definately check out Disneyland and Tokyo Sea.

Leave a comment:

• TDLFAN
    replied

Well, yes, you are being compulsive!! LOL I don't think I would go visit more than once, especially since there is a hard ticket price involved.

but again, my issue with this is not the party itself. They are fun to attend, but I feel they need to expand and change things around. I also don't see why Disney has to charge extra for these things. Tokyo and Hong Kong do not. Just because Universal charges for their gorefests does not mean that Disney should do the same. At least Universal goes out of the way to offer new things every year. Disney does not. See my point?
    My argument is not about the fun factor of the parties but about content. After 2-3 yrs of seeing the same, at a premium price every year, it gets old and no longer amuses as much. I can see why the infrequent visitors may benefit from these events but local guests and APers? not worth it.

Leave a comment:

• wdwprince
    replied

I may be crazy. This is my third year in a row attending MNSSHP. First time was in 2008. I didn't even know about it. The first day I got there the ticket sales person at the Dolphin told me it was happening. I thought, great! sounds fun. And it was. 2009 I attended it twice. This year I just may go three times. Either I'm MSSHP crazy or mildly obsessive compulsive-or both.
    I'll be there for the first one Sept. 14 then two more the following week.
    Anyone else?
    Tdklfan, I do see your point about mixing it up though. Disney should change it up each year.

Leave a comment:

• fangalicious44
    replied

That post was not long at all!!!

My advise.. if you want to attend MMSSHP on Oct 31st, buy ASAP! Usually that is the night of the party that sells out rather fast. It may be already sold out.. so check with the Disneyworld.com site. However, if you do get tickets.. expect it to be very crowded in that park that evening... I mean, VERY crowded.

Here is the link to purchases on line, and in advance.
    Hmmm... Okay thank you so much! My friend and I have been trying to convince her parents to let us go, so we're hoping that we will be able to talk them into it. Hopefully this will help, so thank you!

Leave a comment:

• TDLFAN
    replied

That post was not long at all!!!

My advise.. if you want to attend MMSSHP on Oct 31st, buy ASAP! Usually that is the night of the party that sells out rather fast. It may be already sold out.. so check with the Disneyworld.com site. However, if you do get tickets.. expect it to be very crowded in that park that evening... I mean, VERY crowded.

Here is the link to purchases on line, and in advance.

http://tickets.disney.go.com/buy/Tic...&drnid=5728923

Leave a comment:

• fangalicious44
    replied

Okay I'm going to apologize in advance for the most likely long post, I have a few questions if anyone minds answering.. :blush:

My friend's family is going on vacation to WDW in October 28- November 6, and they're bringing me along! Very exciting, it's to celebrate my friend's 16th birthday. Besides the point. But we'll be there on Halloween, and my friend and I would like to go to MNSSHP (on Halloween), we'll be paying for our own tickets. Is it sold out already, and if not should we buy our tickets right away? We would still like to dress up on Halloween, (it's my favorite holiday and I want to dress up as Tinkerbell haha) do people dress up during the day? I mean during the day as in, before MNSSHP, just to clarify..

I suppose that's all the questions I have about it..

Leave a comment:

• codelyokorox
    replied

I have a question about this event. I might be able to make it this year and I was wondering... how quickly do tickets sell out? I won't be able to buy mine till mid September at the earliest.

Leave a comment:

• TDLFAN
    replied

Originally posted by kate-e View Post
    Hey Everyone!

I'm a DLR girl coming to east coasts for the Halloween Party at the Magic Kingdom. I'm actually hitting up both parties this year and I can't wait...

I have my dress ready but I don't have a date set to attend. I will be in Orlando from Oct 8-13 and I'll be Snow White!

hope to see you all there!
    Oh Kate-e, you would also be a big hit at Tokyo Disneyland's Halloween costume days!!! Personally, I hope to make it to DLR's halloween this year.

Originally posted by princessbelle92
    i want to go to the halloween party but its pretty expenisve for two people
    that is exactly the gripe I have with the MNNSHP. If Tokyo and Hong Kong DL can offer all of the halloween events and special entertainment at regular park prices.. why do they have to stick it to us in the USA? I believe DL Paris also have free halloween stuff and a few nights where you'd have to pay a party.

Leave a comment:

• FairestOfThemAll
    replied

Originally posted by kate-e View Post
    Hey Everyone!

I'm a DLR girl coming to east coasts for the Halloween Party at the Magic Kingdom. I'm actually hitting up both parties this year and I can't wait...

I have my dress ready but I don't have a date set to attend. I will be in Orlando from Oct 8-13 and I'll be Snow White!

Custom SW costumes FTW......see my pic in my sig. =)

Leave a comment:

• princessbelle92
    replied

i want to go to the halloween party but its pretty expenisve for two people

Leave a comment:

• kate-e
    replied

Hey Everyone!

Leave a comment:

• KingEric
    replied

So does all the patrons at Parliament House! LOL
    rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

Leave a comment:

• TDLFAN
    replied

I shall resist posting a link to that halloween event. Don't want to put anyone here down.

So, anyone else going to MNSSHP?

Leave a comment:

• TravisMT81
    replied

LOL only the TDR Halloween events make me squeal like a pig! Next year cannot come fast enough!!

Leave a comment:

• TDLFAN
    replied

Originally posted by TravisMT81 View Post
    ROTFLMAO, remind me to smack you next time I see you!
    I may like that a lot.

Anyways.. bringing this back to topic... Travis, are you going to tell everyone how much the anticipation of that other halloween event is making you squeal as I type??

Leave a comment:

• TravisMT81
    replied

So does all the patrons at Parliament House! LOL
    ROTFLMAO, remind me to smack you next time I see you!

Leave a comment:

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
Working...
X